awkward potato:

Hi Estelll, sorry to disturb you again ^^’

My Journey to You dropped in unannounced on iQiyi today. First three eps have already aired~

Ari_Lee:

Also, Love You Seven Times finished airing on August 30

Done and Done!

See HERE the new list

park chaeyoung:

will someone please merry me 

If you somehow have important connections/influence to the Chinese government and Chinese production companies, and you have the power to make them finally release (and add English subtitles to) all the dramas that are shelved, banned, or perpetually stuck in limbo (like The Story of the Bat, Winner Is King, Eternal Faith, Immortality, The Love of Hypnosis, The Fated General, Zhao Ge, Night Wanderer, etc.), I may seriously consider it!! :'D 

CdramaMaven4762:

Egg and Stone looks like a comedy wuxia ... 

It is! They are really leaning into that comedy aspect, especially with such a good cast. 

Also, the production/cinematography is pretty good (maybe too good for this drama)

zen violet:

It is! They are really leaning into that comedy aspect, especially with such a good cast. 

Also, the production/cinematography is pretty good (maybe too good for this drama)

Thanks for the feedback! Sometimes I'm in need of some comedy wuxia, too, so when in the mood, I'll check it out. 

I've also heard good things for Legend of the Undercover Chef; this is indeed a comedy comedy wuxia, with a very different feel and an older, rougher-looking cast, and with a well-known in China (according to AvenueX) professional comedian in the lead (in double roles!). But unfortunately the English subs in WeTV/Tencent are pretty bad, looks auto-translated, so it will have to wait for me... :(

I watched a few saeguks and one xianxia. I liked the angst which is rare in contemporary dramas. Love with a bit of sadness (melo-love) and struggle they go through to be together...I want more of them. Thanks for creating this club @Estelll

Nairobi:

I watched a few saeguks and one xianxia. I liked the angst which is rare in contemporary dramas. Love with a bit of sadness (melo-love) and struggle they go through to be together...I want more of them. Thanks for creating this club @Estelll

Thank you for checking it out, and welcome!! ^_^ 

Estelll:

Thank you for checking it out, and welcome!! ^_^ 

My pleasure >⁠.⁠<

I love historical dramas. I'm pleased to join the club. 

kahahaha:

I love historical dramas. I'm pleased to join the club. 

Welcome!! ^_^ Feel free to share anything about the dramas you like!

The intro page on this forum is awesome. Lol I've looked at it quite a few times before this too. Have watched my share of sageuks and xianxias, really went on a xianxia spree last year, lol. And been pulled into the My Dearest Cult on Feeds recently too.  So let me join the club :) Cuz, after all that, I need the badges xD

Hi Estelle, here to update the new listing for currently airing costumed dramas~

Completed airing
Ranman
Faithful
Be With You

Started airing
The Snow Moon (short length webseries)
Paripi Komei
The Truth of Scent (Republican)

For those who can't seem to move on from My Journey to You, the actor who plays Young Master Yue is the ML in The Snow Moon

I only just discovered that there are clubs on MDL, and I really like it here - your wide definition of historical suits me :) I am therefore taking the liberty to join you, even though I may not turn out to be much of a contributor (too busy to watch many dramas TT ). Also, I don't usually watch dramas while they're airing. I can't bear the wait for new episodes, I want to watch in my own time.

I mostly watch wuxia these days, but I also like xianxia (I don't know the names of all subgenres, so maybe I should say Chinese fantasy in general?). My first historical drama, however, was Love in the Moonlight, and I have a soft spot for Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

And... let me just say I'm becoming a professional escapist :D I mostly like dramas because they inspire my mind - and in my mind, if not in real life, I can be as powerful as I like.

jumala:

I only just discovered that there are clubs on MDL, and I really like it here - your wide definition of historical suits me :) I am therefore taking the liberty to join you, even though I may not turn out to be much of a contributor (too busy to watch many dramas TT ). Also, I don't usually watch dramas while they're airing. I can't bear the wait for new episodes, I want to watch in my own time.

I mostly watch wuxia these days, but I also like xianxia (I don't know the names of all subgenres, so maybe I should say Chinese fantasy in general?). My first historical drama, however, was Love in the Moonlight, and I have a soft spot for Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

And... let me just say I'm becoming a professional escapist :D I mostly like dramas because they inspire my mind - and in my mind, if not in real life, I can be as powerful as I like.

Welcome to the club!! ^_^ Feel free to share anything related to historical dramas and/or lurk around! :D

awkward potato:

Hi Estelle, here to update the new listing for currently airing costumed dramas~

Completed airing
Ranman
Faithful
Be With You

Started airing
The Snow Moon (short length webseries)
Paripi Komei
The Truth of Scent (Republican)

For those who can't seem to move on from My Journey to You, the actor who plays Young Master Yue is the ML in The Snow Moon

Thank you again! I'll update in a minute. 

Btw, Faithful still hasn't updated all its episodes on WeTV (only for Express which is paying more but only to watch via mobile app & not available in all countries), so I'll leave it there for now. 

Estelll:

Welcome to the club!! ^_^ Feel free to share anything related to historical dramas and/or lurk around! :D

Thank you! 😁