fatema rejoins SnowTower:
Help a lady out by recommending what to watch next. What's your top 3 favorite historical dramas?

My top three are Mr. Sunshine, Six Flying Dragons, and The Rise of Phoenixes.

WandereR:
I've got a few on my list, but I'll just list them out here to save time for anyone who's interested as well (all C-Dramas):

Thanks much!! You're the real hero :D 

Help a lady out by recommending what to watch next. What's your top 3 favorite historical dramas?

Wuxia - The Story of Ming Lan

Xianxia - Love and Redemption

Republican Era - Arsenal Military Academy

Hi Historical Clubbers!  Today I'm going to talk about C-Historical OSTs.

No C-drama historicals would be complete without OSTs to elevate the production to greater heights.  Even years later, after the show has finished, viewers still recall the music and are automatically drawn to it whenever they hear it being played.

Today I'll share with you 2 of my favourite singers who are constantly in high demand for OSTs.  

Zhou Shen (Charlie Zhou)

This guy is phenomenal.  When I fist saw him in The Voice of China 2014, I was literally SHOCKED!  He has the voice of an angel, probably the most unique in China at the moment.  If you've watched a lot of C-historicals, you'd most certainly have heard many of his songs before.  He has sung for dramas like Love & Redemption, The Rebel Princess, The Untamed, among many others.  He is also involved in singing for many Donghua productions.

Sharing the MV of his song, Painting on Silk for Heaven Official's Blessing.

Sa Dingding

I can't think of many other female singers in China who possesses the kind of artistry that this talented singer-songwriter has in abundance.  She's unique not only in the way she sings but also her music arrangement and score composition.  She has been involved in many productions not only as the OST singer but also in making supporting and cameo appearances.  

Sharing her insane rendition of Upwards to the Moon for Ashes of Love.

There are many other awesome OST singers, including the cast themselves are singers.

Check out my compilation of C-historicals OST listing here.

Enjoy the music and have a great Wednesday ahead :)

Hello amazing people!

After Listening Snow Tower and Joy of Life, my heart and soul are bewitched! So I've decided to join this lovely club and enjoy myself among historical veterans.

PS: I've watched the Untamed and loved it.

I'm watching Under The Power (18/55 episodes) and I really love it so far. The ML is a tsundere type, and the FL is cheerful, funny, but smart. As they embark on a journey of solving mysteries together, their friendship and interests for each other grew. I'm also pleasantly surprised that the mysteries, and hence, what they experience, are diverse, and are not heavy on politics. I think if you love JoL and The Untamed, you'll also love this one. 

WandereR:
There are many other awesome OST singers, including the cast themselves are singers.

Enjoy the music and have a great Wednesday ahead :)

Wow, thank you so much for the list!

And yes, the two singers you mentioned have exceptional voice. 

I may be one of the few who doesn't appreciate Sa Dingding's high tones in Ashes of Love, though. It hurts my head to hear that.. lol.

Adding my favorite OSTs to the list:

Ever Night:

The Sleuth of Ming Dynasty

Bloody Romance:

The Untamed:

Joy of Life:

The Wolf:

I want to join this club. this is my favourite genre of drama. At the moment I am a break from watching dramas. I was just looking today at which shows to watch and I think my next to watch drama will be The Rebel Princess. Has anyone seen in? whats the opinion?

My top 3 favourite are The Untamed (you already watched) Joy of Life (yaw) and The Story of Ming Lan

TSoML is filled with intelligent dialogues. It's not a wuxia but a drama genre. And even tho I don't like long dialogues this drama has a fantastic plot and kept me hooked. The FL is a strong smart lady. Yep this drama is my nr. 1 phenomenal on all levels. 

Hello amazing people!

After Listening Snow Tower and Joy of Life, my heart and soul are bewitched! So I've decided to join this lovely club and enjoy myself among historical veterans.

PS: I've watched the Untamed and loved it.

I really enjoyed Song of Glory though I wish the ending was different.

The Rise of Phoenixes 

The King's Woman 

Its You:

I want to join this club. this is my favourite genre of drama. At the moment I am a break from watching dramas. I was just looking today at which shows to watch and I think my next to watch drama will be The Rebel Princess. Has anyone seen in? whats the opinion?

I'm in the minority who dropped it on episode 21. It began really strong, acting-wise and production-wise it's top notch. But afterwards I was tired of the same-old same-old political problems depicted there. 

I know many people love it, though, so I'll say give it a try and see for yourself. :)

Its You:

I liked it...for the leads ...it's not easy to find that has such a strong bond and not easily misunderstand eachother when they were arranged married ... plus the cinematography and costume is on next level ... they were extremely beautiful ...the set is really grand and gorgeous ...FL is really pretty and graceful ...ML was a proper man in every definition ...but remember this drama is pretty realistic ...not just fluffy rom com... those scemings and fight for throne is shown in a proper ...no one is innocent or good ... everyone only care about themselves ... so this is what it is ... decide for yourself whether you want to try or not

Vya van Velaris:
Wow, thank you so much for the list!

And yes, the two singers you mentioned have exceptional voice.

I may be one of the few who doesn't appreciate Sa Dingding's high tones in Ashes of Love, though. It hurts my head to hear that.. lol.

You're welcome and thanks for your additions!  C-historicals wouldn't be the same without powerful songs to go with it.

Its You:

Welcome to the club!  The Rebel Princess is a drama that you must at least start, because it's one of the better produced dramas in this genre.  Whether you complete it depends on how you feel as you continue lol.  There are other aspects to look out for such as the beautiful costumes, gorgeous cinematography, lavish sets, awesome music and, of course, everyone's favourite general.  

Enjoy the show and don't forget to share your thoughts with us :)

Its You:
I really enjoyed Song of Glory though I wish the ending was different.

Same here.  Just assume the show ended right before the last episode and everything would be considered almost perfect :D

WandereR:

Vya van Velaris:

wah! awesome lists (now i would really like to have the "subscribe" option for custom lists!). 

Zhou Shen has an amazing voice! Another OST singer that i really like is Chen Xueran, his songs were used for The Great Ruler (yt link) and Dance of the Sky Empire (yt link), and many more (historical and not) dramas.

Another song that i keep listening is A Familiar Scenery from General and I

lucy_lu:

wah! awesome lists (now i would really like to have the "subscribe" option for custom lists!). 

Zhou Shen has an amazing voice! Another OST singer that i really like is Chen Xueran, his songs were used for The Great Ruler (yt link) and Dance of the Sky Empire (yt link), and many more (historical and not) dramas.

Another song that i keep listening is A Familiar Scenery from General and I

Thank you so much!  Awesome tracks, I've added to my list and also updated with a few tracks for both shows.  I remember watching The Great Ruler a while back but I haven't seen Dance of the Sky Empire, and General and I.  One of the singers in the duet that you're listening to, Claire Kuo, also sang one track for Rebel Princess which I like too  :)

WandereR

I love Cdrama OST. Thank you for posting this. 

Sometimes I like the OST more than the series itself.

One of my favourites is:

• Love by Hypnotic
  • Under the Power
  • Arsenal Military Academy
  •  Legend of Yun Xi

And just to show my age: The Bund