qwxlea:
Speaking of lists like Estelle's Upcoming Chinese Dramas I'm Keeping An Eye On, these are really nice. Is it possible to have lists for this club, or only personal lists? Would it (technically) be possible to have a list more then one person can edit? It would be great to have a couple of list as starter-kits in a specific genre, like the best wuxia series, the best historical political dramas etc.

I think having some starter lists would be a good idea, especially since there sometimes seems to be confusion over genre, it could be helpful.

If you make a Voting List, you can choose whether just you can add titles or whether anyone can add titles. So you can't add multiple authors to a list, but it is possible to open it up for anyone to edit. I think if you look under the "Popular Voting Lists" section there already are some along the lines of "Best Wuxia Dramas" "Favorite Historical Dramas" etc. 

We could consider starting some new Voting Lists for the club, or we could assign certain members to be responsible for curating them as Public Lists. The benefit of doing it as a Public List rather than a Voting List is 1) people can't add incorrect titles (i.e. titles that don't actually fit the genre) 2) we could add some notes/brief descriptions of the dramas on the lists. The benefit of doing a Voting List is that there's more community input.

While watching The Untamed, I have realized that almost all the people have 2 names. Was there any special reason behind having 2 names?

Caspleo:

While watching The Untamed, I have realized that almost all the people have 2 names. Was there any special reason behind having 2 names?

Yup, it was a cultural practice to have 2 names - a birth name and a courtesy name (bestowed once the subject reaches adulthood).  This applies primarily to men.

Caspleo:

Check this article from AvenueX. She explained it very well.

Caspleo:

In ancient China, many people had 2 'names', if you want to call them names. When you are born, your parents give you a name consisting of your surname and then a character, so the name is made up of two characters. (such as Wei Ying, Lan Zhan) Wei is the surname (姓), while Ying is the character chosen. In Mandarin, I think this is called 名. When children grow a little older, they are given their second, or official name. This name is used by people you are not as familiar with and have higher seniority with you. This name is called 字. 

So basically, your two-character name is used much more in your childhood by people you are close to, and as you grow up, people will start calling you by your official name more often, even your parents and other family members.

WandereR:
Yup, it was a cultural practice to have 2 names - a birth name and a courtesy name (bestowed once the subject reaches adulthood).  This applies primarily to men.

Thanks for clearing it out!

Vya van Velaris:
Check this article from AvenueX. She explained it very well.

I just read her article & everything was really well written & it was easy to understand :)

Blizzardahm:
So basically, your two-character name is used much more in your childhood by people you are close to, and as you grow up, people will start calling you by your official name more often, even your parents and other family members.

Thanks a lot :) 

Since, it was really confusing for me, I thought it was right to ask here when we have this club :)

I think The Long Ballad was a pretty strong drama for 2021 so far.

Liu Yu Ning was good. I looked him up and he is a pop star? Regardless he should get more roles if he wants to act. I really enjoyed his performance.

And of course Dilraba Dilmurat is one of my favorites. Leo Wu is pretty good as a male lead and fit the part well.

Knavery:

I think The Long Ballad was a pretty strong drama for 2021 so far.

Liu Yu Ning was good. I looked him up and he is a pop star? Regardless he should get more roles if he wants to act. I really enjoyed his performance.

And of course Dilraba Dilmurat is one of my favorites. Leo Wu is pretty good as a male lead and fit the part well.

Yeah, Liu Yuning was a professional singer before he started his acting career. He has sung numerous Cdrama OSTs, many of which I love. I agree, he was amazing as Hao Du!

And I love Dilraba as well! She's the best! 

The long Ballad is a really good historical drama but I'm waiting for a really good xianxia 

2017 - Eternal Love

2018 - Ashes of Love

2019 - The Untamed

2020 - Love and Redemption

I want something on these level this year too

Sam:

The long Ballad is a really good historical drama but I'm waiting for a really good xianxia 

2017 - Eternal Love

2018 - Ashes of Love

2019 - The Untamed

Omg, same! There are some really good ones that haven't aired yet. Let's cross our fingers for the best!

Sam:

2017 - Eternal Love

2018 - Ashes of Love

2019 - The Untamed

It's supposed to be Immortality or Ancient Love Poetry. Hopefully one or both of them get released this year. 

Blizzardahm:

Omg, same! There are some really good ones that haven't aired yet. Let's cross our fingers for the best!

Me too .... After these 4  ....my bar is set really high ....I really hope we can something really awesome this year too

Blizzardahm:

Yeah, Liu Yuning was a professional singer before he started his acting career. He has sung numerous Cdrama OSTs, many of which I love. I agree, he was amazing as Hao Du!

And I love Dilraba as well! She's the best! 

Agreed. TLB is definitely one of the more pleasant historicals this year. Last year there were too many tragedies lol. This year so far, along with Rebel Princess, the atmosphere is more positive :D

WandereR:

Agreed. TLB is definitely one of the more pleasant historicals this year. Last year there were too many tragedies lol. This year so far, along with Rebel Princess, the atmosphere is more positive :D

Yeah, I have to say, the historical Cdramas (and dramas in general) we've been getting this year has been pretty pleasing so far.

Sam:

2017 - Eternal Love

2018 - Ashes of Love

2019 - The Untamed

In addition to Immortality and Ancient Love Poetry that @WandereR mentioned, other possible candidates include Cang Lan Jue, Mirror: Twin Cities, Song of the Moon, and (next year's) Jade Bone Ballad!