varie_nyoka15:

Guys I’m looking for arranged marriage traditional dramas..i feel bored now coz i think I’ve watched literally all …any recommendations?

I’ve all these

Rebel princess

Story of Ming lan

Princess silver 

Fake princess 

For married doctress

Blooms at ruyi pavilion 

Legend of yunxi

Romance of the tiger and rose

Love by hypnotic 

Goodbye my princess 

Sword and the brocade 

Cuodian yuan yang

Chef fang

Literally all some jot mentioned here

Have you watched perfect couple? That's a really good drama. 

CherryBlossomsLoves:
General's Lady is 1 of my favourites.. U do have to give it a few episodes for the story to get a good move on.. 

I only watched 4 episodes, but I think that sort of idol historical drama just isn't for me. Of course, I could understand why someone else might enjoy it.

xinya:

I only watch 4 episodes, but I think that sort of idol historical drama just isn't for me. Of course, I could understand why someone else might enjoy it.

Sometimes it just works out like that. I love historical drams definitely my favourite.. But I have tried out today dramas and some are not that bad. 

Man oh man I need some help getting over the last series I watched.  I'm so full of tears from it I feel like I'll never get them all out.  The last two shows (Go Ahead and Hikaru no Go) have just been packed so full of life lessons and the deeper pains and losses being human brings that I might have overloaded my circuits just a little.  

I guess that means it is time to watch something fluffy and light until I can get through the backlog of emotions.  Any suggestions?!

*returns to listening to "Fearless" from Go Ahead and crying*

Hello all, 

Thanks so much to @Estell for setting this up, what an amazing idea. 

I'd  like to join, although I've not seen many historical dramas, the ones I have always pull me into a new world.  

Currently trying to  figure out which one to sink into... I've been in a bit of a drama slump lately.  

Kalypso:

Hello all, 

Thanks so much to @Estell for setting this up, what an amazing idea. 

I'd  like to join, although I've not seen many historical dramas, the ones I have always pull me into a new world.  

Currently trying to  figure out which one to sink into... I've been in a bit of a drama slump lately.  

Hi Kalypso

Here are favourite historical dramas if it helps u find something to watch. 

CherryBlossomsLoves:

Hi Kalypso

Here are favourite historical dramas if it helps u find something to watch. 

Thanks so much, Empress Ki was my first Korean drama haha, it has such a special place in my heart haha. There are some I've been meaning to start that's on this list actually.  

Kalypso:

These are my personal favorite historical dramas (that you haven't seen). I'm not sure these are necessarily the best choices to pull you out of a slump, since for me, personally, these were all dramas that grew on me over time rather than grabbing me right from the beginning, but all of them are great, in my opinion (also some of my favorite soundtracks).

Six Flying Dragons - Follows a number major historical figures from the end of the Goryeo period (late 14th century). Heavily focuses on the politics (and actually follows real events with some degree of accuracy, more than many dramas) and conflicting ideologies. The characters are compelling, but not always likable. There's also lots of action/martial arts. One off the darker historical dramas I've seen.

Mr. Sunshine - This is a highly stylized sort of cross between British period drama and classic Korean melodrama with a touch more politics. Visually gorgeous and emotional poignant. The characters are very lovable, and though it's not a comedy, it can be quite funny. Set in the early 20th century as Korea is Westernizing.

The Rebel - Set in Joseon (in the late 15th century), this is a "hero of the people" story based on Hong Gil Dong (sometimes described as "Korean Robin Hood") and his charming band of sidekicks. Of the ones on this list, this is the most "fun" drama. It does have politics and some heavy parts, but it doesn't take itself too seriously. 

Based on the historical dramas on you've previously watched, I kinda think Six Flying Dragons might be most to your taste, but it's also twice the length of the other two, and if you're in the mood for romance, it's not the drama to choose.

Also, welcome!

Plushpriestess:
I guess that means it is time to watch something fluffy and light until I can get through the backlog of emotions.  Any suggestions?!

I'm probably the worst person to ask for recommendations for fluffy historicals, so hopefully someone else can help more. My top choice would be Love in the Moonlight, basically because the main couple is just so adorable. The production is also good. The plot is mediocre, but that's generally the case for the fluffy ones. It doesn't look like you've watched any sageuks before, but this would be an easy introduction, I think, because it's not very serious.

Thanks @Xinya, I’ll give six flying dragons a shot. 

Is it like Warrior Baek Dong Soo?, that I loved! 

Kalypso:
Is it like Warrior Baek Dong Soo?, that I loved! 

It has much more politics than Warrior Baek Dong Soo, but it does have some martial artists and bromances, that's just not as much the main focus. However, since you like Warrior Baek Dong Soo, I think you would probably like Six Flying Dragons

Is there a fluffy rom com ... ofcourse historical ...you guys would like to recommend 

A drama which you started out of expectation but like it eventually

Everyone asks for masterpiece ...I'm asking simple watches 

elios:

rookie historian - this is mostly romcom but it does have a serious-ish side plot

Preferably Chinese ...I don't like Sageuks that much  ...I watch one in every 3 months... So 4 Sageuks a year ... but soon I'm going to start a new one ....so you get what I'm saying

Eternal Love Rain is fluffy and unexpectedly funny.

Vya van Velaris:

Eternal Love Rain is fluffy and unexpectedly funny.

Thanks for this ... I will try it ... tell me more if you have or find anything