Seven :

I haven’t written in here in a while. But who else is starting Mirror: A Tale is Twin Cities? It’s going to be my first CDrama of the year. I can already feel the pain with the opening. 

Saw it‘s on Viki and added it to my watchlist there, will wait when all the episodes are up before I start watching it.

Seven :

I haven’t written in here in a while. But who else is starting Mirror: A Tale is Twin Cities? It’s going to be my first CDrama of the year. I can already feel the pain with the opening. 

Tbh the trailer fails to trigger my interest. It seems more or less the same story as the 57489461 xianxias before this. The main leads’ acting & chemistry don’t look so promising either. Oops.. 

The second couple were the only ones who grabbed my attention in the 0.5 sec duration they appeared. 

It’s probably just my taste & preference. I’ll sit this one out and will only try if there are raving reviews about it. 

I hope you’ll enjoy it, though. ^.^

Hello! I’m really late in joining this group as I’ve just made a return to MDL after a very long hiatus (few years in fact?). Gotta say that this is my dream-come-true group as I’m a big fan of historical dramas! Been binging alot of period dramas for the past 5 months or so. My drama list will take a while to be updated but I’m anticipating The Blue Whisper, The Longest Promise and Immortal Samsara for this year’s xianxia?

Vya van Velaris:

Tbh the trailer fails to trigger my interest. It seems more or less the same story as the 57489461 xianxias before this. The main leads’ acting & chemistry don’t look so promising either. Oops.. 

The second couple were the only ones who grabbed my attention in the 0.5 sec duration they appeared. 

It’s probably just my taste & preference. I’ll sit this one out and will only try if there are raving reviews about it. 

Kind of the same for me, although the visuals seems nice, the story seems generic to me, and I've yet to complete last year's xianxia as well (Ancient Love Poetry -- although I liked the introduction episodes, I took a really long hiatus after that, and now it's hard to sit through what seems like a totally new story/character at about episode 14 that I stopped watching). I love Yukee Chen & Li Yi Feng is a good actor, but my hunch tells me this will be skippable, at least for now (though I may change my mind any time, depending on my mood).

Right now I'm trying to catch up on older dramas that I missed. Currently watching Maiden Holmes & I'm loving it!! Highly recommending to anyone looking for a relatively angst free costume romance with a devoted couple and lots of skinship ;)!

awkward potato:

Hello! I’m really late in joining this group as I’ve just made a return to MDL after a very long hiatus (few years in fact?). Gotta say that this is my dream-come-true group as I’m a big fan of historical dramas! Been binging alot of period dramas for the past 5 months or so. My drama list will take a while to be updated but I’m anticipating The Blue Whisper, The Longest Promise and Immortal Samsara for this year’s xianxia?

Hey there and welcome!!! Happy to have you!! :)

The Blue Whisper seems interesting, and there are rumours it may air soon-ish (though nobody ever knows with Chinese dramas).

awkward potato:

Welcome!~

awkward potato:

Welcome!

My anticipated costume dramas for this year are among others: The Wind Blows From Longxi, Princess Anle, Who Rules The World, Night Wanderer. 

I'm currently watching The Legends for the first time and I've never been so confused. If anyone has completed the drama recently, can anyone explain why sometimes people can see the two Zhi Yan's indoors and other times they cannot?

It's been bugging me because I thought this had something to do with sunlight but in Episodes 23-25 they confronted them indoors and everyone in Wan Lu Sect could see both of them (this is with the sun out outside). However when Mo qing/Chen lian goes to intercept Jiang Wu's bird to ZhiYan (Zhaoyao), he can't see her, he can only see the real Zhi Yan and they were indoors with the sun out.  

Vya van Velaris:

Went in without watching trailer and liked the opening theme music and clips so I thought it would be completely different from what it really was… got to agree with you and all the points you wrote. It looks like a dry run shooting that they decided to keep as final. 

Noticed the second couple came out as leads previously together. I’ll keep watching just because it is the first Costume drama I decided to start this year. 

Ari:

I'm currently watching The Legends for the first time and I've never been so confused. If anyone has completed the drama recently, can anyone explain why sometimes people can see the two Zhi Yan's indoors and other times they cannot?

It's been bugging me because I thought this had something to do with sunlight but in Episodes 23-25 they confronted them indoors and everyone in Wan Lu Sect could see both of them (this is with the sun out outside). However when Mo qing/Chen lian goes to intercept Jiang Wu's bird to ZhiYan (Zhaoyao), he can't see her, he can only see the real Zhi Yan and they were indoors with the sun out.  

It’s been a long time since I watched it so I forgot most of the details, but I think it was like this: 

Zhaoyao has a body that is only visible at night, but because her life is linked to Zhi Yan, the face people see is still Zhi Yan So at night there are 2 visible Zhi Yan, and at daylight only one (the real one), while Zhayao’s body is invisible  

But that doesn’t seem to resolve your confusion, so I’m not sure what I missed.. lol  

@ Estell thanks for recommending Maiden Holmes, I’m at episode 23 and really enjoy watching it :)

Rien:

@ Estell thanks for recommending Maiden Holmes, I’m at episode 23 and really enjoy watching it :)

You're very welcome!! ^_^

I also suggest The Romance of Hua Rong if you haven't watched it!! It's more angsty than Maiden Holmes (basically a bickering couple/love-hate relationship), but the chemistry is lit!!!

Estelll:

You're very welcome!! ^_^

I also suggest The Romance of Hua Rong if you haven't watched it!! It's more angsty than Maiden Holmes (basically a bickering couple/love-hate relationship), but the chemistry is lit!!!

Thanks I will check it out! I’m also considering if I should watch One and Only (2021)

Hewooo, late to the party, I don't come to this part of the site very often :D  I'm a big fan of cultivation and high fantasy dramas so I hope I'll fit right in with you peeps!

It's been sometime since I watched a good chinese historical... I want to get back into it... So would like to start with something light 

So recommendations needed