Estelll:

I love this idea!!! Something like "HDC Presents: ...", it could be a series of articles!! :D

Wow, you're right!  This would be a great way to showcase our club and the genre!  :)

WandereR:
It's always confusing with all the different dynasties and each has so many unique costumes.

I know what you mean. I haven't even tried finding differences yet because I haven't seen many historical C-Dramas yet and the ones I watched also had fantasy or xianxia/wuxia  in it so they were not based on a period. 

WandereR:
Articles take a lot of effort, unless we collaborate with other members and publish an editorial piece, that would indeed be awesome

You're right. I would love to collaborate but fear I'm no help. ^^' 

Estelll:
I love this idea!!! Something like "HDC Presents: ...", it could be a series of articles!! :D

I fully support this idea! *needs to watch more historical dramas* 

moonchild:

I know what you mean. I haven't even tried finding differences yet because I haven't seen many historical C-Dramas yet and the ones I watched also had fantasy or xianxia/wuxia  in it so they were not based on a period. 

You're right. I would love to collaborate but fear I'm no help. ^^' 

I fully support this idea! *needs to watch more historical dramas* 

There are so many possibilities and aspects of historicals and across the 5 countries.  Design and formatting of the article also require skills, I'm sure each club member has much talent to help out :)

Estelll:

I've been thinking about writing something on gold crowns (and maybe the belts) of Silla. Well it's also kinda about anachronisms and Buddhism (of course, hehe).

WandereR:

There are so many possibilities and aspects of historicals and across the 5 countries.  Design and formatting of the article also require skills, I'm sure each club member has much talent to help out :)

Hm, considering that I could give input on a Japanese historical drama in Edo period and one from Korea in Goryeo period. ^^ 

xinya:

I've been thinking about writing something on gold crowns (and maybe the belts) of Silla. Well it's also kinda about anachronisms and Buddhism (of course, hehe).

Hahaha, you and your anachronisms!  But it does sound fascinating indeed :D

moonchild:

Hm, considering that I could give input on a Japanese historical drama in Edo period and one from Korea in Goryeo period. ^^ 

That would be awesome.  Korean and Japanese history are just as intriguing.  I'm not so familiar with J-historicals so that wold be a great learning curve for all of us :)

Blackheart:

I would love to join the historical drama club and find good historical drama's to watch.

Welcome, glad to have you with us! ^.^

As for recommendations, the Top Rated & Most Popular MDL dramas section, as well as the Currently Airing section would be a good place to start!

And if I were to share my personal favourites, they're here (most are historicals), but of course, everyone has different tastes, so it depends on what you like to watch. :)

WandereR:

Hahaha, you and your anachronisms!  But it does sound fascinating indeed :D

That would be awesome.  Korean and Japanese history are just as intriguing.  I'm not so familiar with J-historicals so that wold be a great learning curve for all of us :)

If only finding subs for J-Dramas wouldn't be like gambling.. xD Sticking to K-Dramas is so much easier but I like Edo period and J-Dramas. I should go on a search for some more historical J-Dramas. :)

moonchild:

I might be able to help with Goryeo, if you need it.

moonchild:
I should go on a search for some more historical J-Dramas. :)

If you find some you like, definitely share them with us. :) No one talks about Japanese historicals.

moonchild:

If only finding subs for J-Dramas wouldn't be like gambling.. xD Sticking to K-Dramas is so much easier but I like Edo period and J-Dramas. I should go on a search for some more historical J-Dramas. :)

Nice!  And you're right, if only J-doramas were as accessible as the others and with full subs too.

Estelll:

Welcome, glad to have you with us! ^.^

As for recommendations, the Top Rated & Most Popular MDL dramas section, as well as the Currently Airing section would be a good place to start!

And if I were to share my personal favourites, they're here (most are historicals), but of course, everyone has different tastes, so it depends on what you like to watch. :)

Thank you so much <3

xinya:
If you find some you like, definitely share them with us. :) No one talks about Japanese historicals.

I watched JIN (plays in Edo period) and loved it, quite accurate as well. That being said it also has the genre medical which is not everyone's cup of tea. I wholeheartedly recommend it though. It has a Korean remake which I like less because they included a completely unnecessary love triangle in it. 

For mature watchers I recommend the movie Sakuran. Has wonderful cinematography and costumes. 

Promising titles I'd like to watch are: 

WandereR:

Nice!  And you're right, if only J-doramas were as accessible as the others and with full subs too.

Yes, it's really a problem. I understand very little Japanese but it's by no means enough to be able to watch without subs. 

xinya:
I might be able to help with Goryeo, if you need it.

I only watched the drama My Country: The New Age which plays in this period so far. Anything about it is appreciated. :)

moonchild:

Yes, it's really a problem. I understand very little Japanese but it's by no means enough to be able to watch without subs. 

I'm quite familiar with C and K hostiry but for J history, ironically most of the historicals I've watched are Hollywood productions, such as The Last Samurai and ShoGun.  The J movies that I did watch  were either probably not historically correct and had elements of fiction, or purely samurai/ ninja action themed rather than a pure historical setting.  So far I've seen 13 Assassins, Shinobi, and Zatoichi.  I have seen some way older black and white films but those are also samurai movies.