hoshthegoat:
(It's not that these dramas are necessarily bad per se, it's just that I personally find them pretty meh in terms of entertaining me.)

I didn't watched Bright as the moon or Master devil do not kiss me, so I can't give a opinion about them.

and watching, "whatever", is always personal lol .  I have a suggestion.... drop it XD  Nah just kidding

Shenmi:

I didn't watched Bright as the moon or Master devil do not kiss me, so I can't give a opinion about them.

and watching, "whatever", is always personal lol .  I have a suggestion.... drop it XD  Nah just kidding 

I wouldn't recommend them, but if you ever wanna watch them, go for it ^^

Hahahahaha at least I'll have other dramas that I'll probably enjoy more to watch afterwards, so there's that.

Hey folks I just want to rant about something I want so desperately  on MDL! 

You know how there are character profiles (someone please tell me how to make one)? I wish that they could work so that if I had a character profile for a historical figure, I'd be able to see their appearance in every drama and movie they've ever been! For example, take the famous King Sejong. He's appeared in 15 titles according to wikipedia! Or if you could track the God of War across xianxia. How is this character reinterpreted every time he/she gets written into a story?! Ahhh.... I would love to be able to look at characters in this way :') Well that's my rant for the day lol

fiflydramalover:

You know how there are character profiles (someone please tell me how to make one)? I wish that they could work so that if I had a character profile for a historical figure, I'd be able to see their appearance in every drama and movie they've ever been! For example, take the famous King Sejong. He's appeared in 15 titles according to wikipedia! Or if you could track the God of War across xianxia. How is this character reinterpreted every time he/she gets written into a story?! Ahhh.... I would love to be able to look at characters in this way :') Well that's my rant for the day lol 

This actually sounds like a good idea ... and would work for historical dramas which feature specific emperors, let's say, or Judge Bai.... etc ...

CdramaMaven4762:

This actually sounds like a good idea ... and would work for historical dramas which feature specific emperors, let's say, or Judge Bai.... etc ... 

fiflydramalover:

Once upon a time, when I actually had time on my hands, I started a list called "Joseon Stories About the Same Thing & Same People".  I was going to summarize each major character's historical past across dramas.  Example: The King's Letters & The Tree With Deep Roots. And then, my job went INSANE.  It's on my mind for 2023....hopefully.

China is one of the oldest nation on earth so it would take years to do that. Maybe by just identifying some important figures and warriors that are often seen. 

but i'm pretty sure chinese netizens or historians have already done that I think I saw something similar on weibo

I think Korea is the easiest one they have a really short history so I think u can summarize it pretty quicly

Ohhhhh!! Nienna you must share it here when you're ready!! That sounds like a great list!!

@empressweiyoung thouse sound like fun! Sometimes i used to see stuff like that  on blogs but i havent seen one in a while 

Empress Weiyoung:

I think Korea is the easiest one they have a really short history so I think u can summarize it pretty quicly

This is awfully condescending and historically wrong. Incredible...

October 3, 2333 BC. AD : Mythical foundation of Korea

2500-2205 BC. AD : Sanhuang wudi

I don't know where u got those informations from, but it's totally inacurate. China (litteraly one of the oldest nation on earth) have its first written records as early as 1250 BC.  Meanwhile Mesopotamia (aka THE oldest civilization on earth) found its first written record in 3100 BC.  Korea is far away from this list. I know ur trying to defend ur favs (from idk what) but this got nothing to do with them. U can't just invent historical dates for fun. Just open a book. 

There were 83 dynasties and 559 emperors in ancient history of China. Meanwhile Korea just went through 6 dynasties...

Empress Weiyoung:

I don't know where u got those informations from, but it's totally inacurate. China (litteraly one of the oldest nation on earth) have its first written records as early as 1250 BC.  Meanwhile Mesopotamia (aka THE oldest civilization on earth) found its first written record in 3100 BC.  Korea is far away from this list. I know ur trying to defend ur favs (from idk what) but this got nothing to do with them. U can't just invent historical dates for fun. Just open a book. 

There were 83 dynasties and 559 emperors in ancient history of China. Meanwhile Korea just went through 6 dynasties...

Yes, and Japan has only one dynasty with 126 emperors in more than 2 thousands years (come on, Japan, why being so stable over History).
But yes, you must be right, the number of emperors and dynasties certainly is what is the most important...

I'm not defending my "favs" like you wrote. And I, unlike you, don't accuse you of not reading books or inventing dates (seems like you can only result to attacks from the get go).
I'm just stating that your comment about Korea having a "really short history" was both condescending and false as both countries have similar mythical foundations dates. China has a brillant and long history. But other countries too, that's my point only.

I'm finally starting Story of Yanxi Palace.