Looking for hidden-gem dramas that have a 7.7 rating or below that you think are worth a way better rating than what they actually have on MDL.  They can be new or old, any kind.

Also, why you liked it so much and thought it was worth a higher rating?

Hayako Sensei (2016)  - a 30s elementary school teacher and other teachers in her school decide to make a project of finding spouses as they have with other life aspects, like exercise and diet. She's actually content living at home with her parents, but is aware that time is moving on (her younger sister is married and pregnant). Really nice people in this one.

Trinity of Shadows  and Burning Ice 
Both are so darn complex from a psychological and philosophical perspective and each character is so wonderfully grey and multi layered. It makes you try to figure all out and end up being more surprised when you discover another side to them. Truly love them 

Leh Ratree- This is a lakorn, so I don't know if you're into those, but this one is so good.  So if you're unfamiliar with Thai dramas, I recommend you check them out. The FL was sold by her father to the MLs family to pay off his debt he owed to them. At first the ML doesn't like her, but he quickly falls for her. Which was nice to see in a lakorn, cuz typically the ML hates them for what feels like forever, and has a million misunderstandings. But not in this case. There's little to no misunderstandings between the leads, and the ML always steps up to protect her from danger. Anyway.. this drama is so underrated. Some people love it, and some don't. It depends on your taste. ( I will say that the ML is a little violent and unlikable in the beginning, but you grow to love him, and he changes when he meets the FL. Also,  P.S. The 2nd FL is very annoying. lol. But I've seen wayyyy worse than her. But the ML has no interest in her once he meets the FL.)

Flipped - I'm surprised this one has such a low rating. This is a "supernatural" type of drama. The leads have powers and depends on one another. It's got romance, comedy, action, superpowers, I mean what more could you ask for? It's a really cute drama and worth the watch. 

Adult Trainee. It's a miniseries with a 7.8 rating. So not exactly what you're looking for, but close. There are 7 episodes with three distinct stories set out in episodes 1-2, 3-5, and 6-7. From what I've read about episodes 1, 2, 6, and 7, I have not interest in watching them, so this series might live in my On-Hold List forever since I don't want to categorize it as dropped. But I watched episodes 3-5 based on a recommendation and loved them. It's just a really enjoyable coming of age, fake-dating student rom com in a nice little two hour package. I'm quite sad that's sandwiched between two other stories that negatively impact it's rating. I tend to rate lower than MDL on average and I gave it an 8.5.

maidenholmes:
Hayako Sensei (2016)  - a 30s elementary school teacher and other teachers in her school decide to make a project of finding spouses as they have with other life aspects, like exercise and diet. She's actually content living at home with her parents, but is aware that time is moving on (her younger sister is married and pregnant). Really nice people in this one.

??? I gave this 9.5 and raved about it here: 

https://mydramalist.com/article/roads-less-traveled-dramas-with-less-than-1000-viewers

monstersnroses:

Looking for hidden-gem dramas that have a 7.7 rating or below that you think are worth a way better rating than what they actually have on MDL.  They can be new or old, any kind.

Also, why you liked it so much and thought it was worth a higher rating?

Here are some of my other favourites that fit

https://mydramalist.com/538-my-queen  - An awesome TW Drama that was horribly butchered in a K Drama remake called Witch's Romance.  The TW original shows the awesome FL remaining true to herself to the very last frame, well worth a look

https://mydramalist.com/31183-keep-going-you-re-the-best technicallly just above your threshold, at 7.8 here, but so much better than imo. The first C Drama I rated as 10, magnidficent in its low key realism.

https://mydramalist.com/15852-yeah-thats-how-it-is another one all about low key realism, another 10 from me

https://mydramalist.com/search?q=goodbye+to+goodbye - again, a little above your cutoff (under 8 though), but suchg a stunning Drama with the most remarkable "OTP" I've ever seen 

and finally one that restore my faith in TW Dramas. Great female-centric Drama, strong performances

https://mydramalist.com/62033-the-business-they-started

These aren't exactly unknown but they're hardly talked about, both are in my top 2 dramas of all time!

They're both pretty much misunderstood. Coming from a writer, they're very well phased and written!

most of mine I found randomly and had never heard of them previously with low watchers #s here on MDL... but thought they were a surprising find! 

Miss Korea https://mydramalist.com/8284-miss-korea - I'm shocked at how low rated this one is; written reviews are all positive. The description is dreadful, though. During the 1977 financial crisis, a struggling new cosmetics company is deeply in debt and pinning its hopes on sponsoring a Miss Korea contestant - the lovely former girlfriend of the company's CEO from their high school days, who works as a store elevator operator. (The description says he's macho - as far from it as possible.) An important character is a debt collector who wants them to succeed. The drama has a heavy background of the cut-throat world of beauty contests. I really enjoyed it.

Waen Dok Mai 

It's got 7.8, I hope that is close enough. One of my absolute favorite dramas. It talks about 2 people, that don't really want a relationship and are happy single. They became great platonic friends for a good amount of time in the drama. Because of that, I liked the development of them. 

I'm so sad that people don't like this, because it's rare to find dramas like that D;

good job was really good ... super only rated 7.9... i gave it an 8.5 and if i had rated it subjectively i might've gone higher 

a poem a day was a good and underrated in my opinion i gave it an 8 ... it was hilarious that was i remember about it most 

cunning single lady .. pretty decent second chance romance .. 

introverted boss is so good i gave it a 9 but it's only 7.8 .. criminal in my opinion .. 

cinderella and the 4 knights 7.8 lol i subjectively gave it a 9.5 because i really really liked it ..it's romcom and cliche but again there are worse show rated way higher so .. 

love in contract like 7.7 is a stretch ... it's also not that bad .. i liked it .. okay not the best

clean with passion for now 7.7 gave it a subjective 9 .. it was fun and funny and cute and just perfect for those in a stupid romcomy mood ..  

monthly magazine home - 7.7 again this one is hardcore criminal ... it was a good one ... really good i'd argue .. people just have different taste  or the the last episode maybe regardless .. one should watch and judge for themselves .. it was an 8.5 to me 

dark hole - a survival and it's s7.6 come on ... i enjoyed it .. i rememebr giving it a 9 but it's mostly an 8.5 to be real .. 

my secret romance a fun short romcom then again 7.6 .. i enjoyed it 8.5 

the undateables again great romcom i gave a 9 or 8.5 but it's only 7.5 

again this is just my opinion and the dramas under 8 that i really enjoyed and rated higher 

Jumong (2006) is not underrated but you might have missed this very old drama, so you can watch it, it is very good.