Kawaikochan wrote: It's not one of my favorites because that child actress gave a really dead performance (i feel bad saying that, but...)

really? dead performance? this is the 1st time we've disagreed. :( lol.
i just checked it out on DC and i gave it a 100% review. lol i didn't even remember doing that. i've pasted it below.

best family drama
- By boutux 100%

My Girl (Asahi) Reviewed by boutux

this is the 1st drama in which aiba masaki had the lead role and he did an awesome job as musamune-kun a young man who finds out about his 5 yrs old daughter koharu-chan after his ex-girlfriend whom he was still in love with passes away in an accident. he takes her to live with him and discovers it’s not an easy transition from the life of a working bachelor to that of doting father. fatherhood is not easy on him or his career choices. he made alot of mistakes (some of which i got really pissed about) but he immediately loved his daughter and she immediately loved him. the actress playing koharu-chan is the cutest little thing ever! she also did a good job in her role and my favorite thing was hearing her call her father musamune-kun in every epi. this is a very touching drama. if u are a crier then there are plenty of moments to make u cry, if u want to laugh there will be those moments too but more than anything this drama will leave a smile on your face. the emotions of the characters are easy to relate to and at the end of it all it is a feel good drama.
haha omg it is a first! No worries, we have a strong foundation :-p I thought she was cute at first, but then it felt like she said each line the exact same way except for one time when she, her father and grandmother were at the kitchen table and she got upset. I still liked her character though. I would definitely watch a second season.
reading my own review made me want to rewatch it. isn't that weird? i'd forgotten all my feelings about this drama. i stopped writing reviews for dramas for a while i think i'm gonna have to start back doing that. months later i can surprise myself again for why i hated or loved a drama. kawaikochan maybe i should start with zenkai girl? lol

there was another review that shared ur sentiments about the actress's performance. reviewer thought she was too cute for the role and her performance was not completely realistic for a little girl who just lost her mom and was having difficulties living with a dad she just met (or smtng along those lines)
Sleepninja wrote: Is that the drama that Gackt had a cameo in?

yep. it had only 8 eps D:
I think My Girl (japanese) was very cute. The child actress did amazing job.
i also want a 2nd season for IS - Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei which i just completed. it was a good family drama that also educated me on the world of ppl born with both sex organs. my only major disappointment is that things were not properly resolved bw haru and ibuki. haru also said at the end that he was confused now that the school allowed him to be himself so that is smtng that can be explored. i think the conflict within him is that he likes ibuki even though he is suppose to be a guy. maybe he has stopped looking at himself as just a guy. it's a complex issue to tackle and they did a good job in this drama and i want more.
wrote: tokyo dogs. my 1st drama and i've watched it several times and it needs a season 2. i just want to see mizushima hiro in a new drama again. he was so funny and together with shun it was magic and i want to see them work together again.

I forgot about this one! It was so great! I could definitely watch some more of this.
Elisabetta wrote: I forgot about this one! It was so great! I could definitely watch some more of this.

I second this! I think a second season for that show would be reasonable. It didn't necessarily have a closed storyline if that makes any sense (the type of story that just ends). I would love to see more of the banter between Oguri Shun and Mizushima Hiro, it was hilarious. But as far as I know, Mizushima isn't acting anymore. :(
i hope he starts acting again. he's a really good comedic actor.
Sleepninja wrote: But as far as I know, Mizushima isn't acting anymore. :(

Uh? Why???
he broke away from his management agency and started his own with his wife. he also wrote a book and want to spend some more time focusing on writing and promoting his book. but that was last yr. he hasn't acted since. his break from his agency seemed to be a bit nasty and since then i haven't read any reports about him
boutux wrote: he broke away from his management agency and started his own with his wife. he also wrote a book and want to spend some more time focusing on writing and promoting his book. but that was last yr. he hasn't acted since. his break from his agency seemed to be a bit nasty and since then i haven't read any reports about him

That's a pity. I love his acting.
Wow... and I was already getting high hopes of seeing him in a new role. I haven't been able to fully appreciate his acting. :(
boutux wrote: he broke away from his management agency and started his own with his wife. he also wrote a book and want to spend some more time focusing on writing and promoting his book. but that was last yr. he hasn't acted since. his break from his agency seemed to be a bit nasty and since then i haven't read any reports about him

I also remember seeing that his wife has a prolonged illness, so he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.
yep she has graves disease. can't remember what exactly it is but i remember hearing that missy elliot was diagnosed with that disease too.