The Jdrama season is coming to a close. I will miss a number of dramas from this season, and even want a second season for a couple of them. Which got me thinking:

Are there any dramas you've seen (currently airing or older ones) that you want a second season for?
Are there any that you've wanted a second season of that had one? Was it good or disappointing?

I know that dramas are different in different countries. So for those of you who don't watch jdramas: They are usually 9-13 episodes long, sometimes have more than one season or a movie sequel.

-------

For me, I really want a second season of IS-Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei (about a HS student who has both male and female organs) and Don Quixote (about a yakuza boss and a social worker who switches places). I want to know what happens to their characters, and they both ended in a way that could support an interesting new story line.
Not a Jdrama but for anyone who's noticed, my obvious choice is City Hunter. I want a second season! I want it bad!
For me I want a sequel to My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho! (:

Hana Yori Dango and Bloody Monday were 2 different dramas that I both thought did good with sequels. I haven't watched too many dramas yet that did have sequels, though.

I find that while some dramas do better with a second season, some really don't. After a while it sometimes gets to be too much, or it's not as good as it started out to be - or worse: it should've ended with the first season. I think it depends on the type of drama. I think some dramas would do better with maybe a special at the end of the drama to give you an idea of what happens afterwards with the characters. Sometimes a second season isn't always needed
The Korean drama Soulmate.

I'll add that I absolutely LOVED the openness that the end of season 1 left me feeling........but I desperately wanted a second season. To see the main characters and how they're lives intertwined in a new setting with a new set of supporting characters perhaps.

Anyways, there might be others but Soulmate was the first thing that came into my mind. So it's my number one wish. :D
jeanie65jh wrote: Not a Jdrama but for anyone who's noticed, my obvious choice is City Hunter. I want a second season! I want it bad!

YES YES YES. I completely support this! If anyone read the CH recaps at Dramabeans, I thought that javabeans and girlfriday had brilliant ideas for a second season for CH. Unfortunately, K-dramas rarely have sequels ): (Or has there even been a true sequel to a K-drama? I don't count instances like Goong and Goong S.)
City Hunter has already been said, so I'll dig deep and put forward: Mary Stayed Out All Night. CALM DOWN! I thought this drama was an absolute failure on nearly all counts, except for the last 15 minutes of the final episode. I thought it was the best 15 minutes of the entire series, and actually left the characters at an interesting juncture in their lives. I liked that Mae Ri and Mu Kyul keep having this on again-off again relationship, which isn't really an aspect of real world relationships that K-dramas tend to explore. I know that K-dramas are not [I]supposed[I] to be about reality, but I saw the beginnings of an interesting story about relationships in your early 20s and maturation. Which is what I originally thought MSOAN was about. I wouldn't mind giving them a second stab at it.
boredandtwitchy wrote: City Hunter has already been said, so I'll dig deep and put forward: Mary Stayed Out All Night. CALM DOWN! I thought this drama was an absolute failure on nearly all counts, except for the last 15 minutes of the final episode. I thought it was the best 15 minutes of the entire series, and actually left the characters at an interesting juncture in their lives. I liked that Mae Ri and Mu Kyul keep having this on again-off again relationship, which isn't really an aspect of real world relationships that K-dramas tend to explore. I know that K-dramas are not [I]supposed[I] to be about reality, but I saw the beginnings of an interesting story about relationships in your early 20s and maturation. Which is what I originally thought MSOAN was about. I wouldn't mind giving them a second stab at it.

Actually, I'm really on board with this. I have been a pretty loud complainer about this show. (see every place you can review and I've probably been there and reviewed this show poorly.) But the reason is because I wanted to love it. It had so much greatness going for it.

It was like a beautiful, perfect, amazingly fast racehorse standing in the gate. When the gun went off it started out great but a third of the way around the track it tripped over it's front legs, crash landed on the jockey and they both died. (how's that for a crappy analogy...you get my point?)

If we could bring back all those elements; the actors, the setting and the premise you spoke of then add a great writer...I would very much welcome another crack at this drama.
You kdrama addicts are so vocal about your support. I love it, hehe. I may have to put CH on my plan to watch list.

Crazy4You wrote: I find that while some dramas do better with a second season, some really don't. After a while it sometimes gets to be too much, or it's not as good as it started out to be - or worse: it should've ended with the first season. I think it depends on the type of drama. I think some dramas would do better with maybe a special at the end of the drama to give you an idea of what happens afterwards with the characters. Sometimes a second season isn't always needed

I totally agree with you. It makes me wonder how many who like the 1st season will like the second. For me HYD1 was OK, but HYD2 felt like the same exact story told in a different setting. The Quiz Show was like that as well. I tend not to like those types of sequels.
jeanie65jh wrote: Actually, I'm really on board with this. I have been a pretty loud complainer about this show. (see every place you can review and I've probably been there and reviewed this show poorly.) But the reason is because I wanted to love it. It had so much greatness going for it.

It was like a beautiful, perfect, amazingly fast racehorse standing in the gate. When the gun went off it started out great but a third of the way around the track it tripped over it's front legs, crash landed on the jockey and they both died. (how's that for a crappy analogy...you get my point?)

If we could bring back all those elements; the actors, the setting and the premise you spoke of then add a great writer...I would very much welcome another crack at this drama.

totally agree...
Kawaikochan wrote: You kdrama addicts are so vocal about your support. I love it, hehe. I may have to put CH on my plan to watch list.

I totally agree with you. It makes me wonder how many who like the 1st season will like the second. For me HYD1 was OK, but HYD2 felt like the same exact story told in a different setting. The Quiz Show was like that as well. I tend not to like those types of sequels.

City Hunter is a good drama (:

It makes me wonder, too. HYD was my second drama ever, and I loved it from the first season - so the second season I enjoyed just as much [although looking back at it now, I know it's not that great of a drama, but I still love it haha]. I know what you mean, though, if I were to watch a series like that now, I'd probably get bored with it because I'd know what to expect out of it. I haven't seen The Quiz Show.
Crazy4You wrote: For me I want a sequel to My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho! (:

Hana Yori Dango and Bloody Monday were 2 different dramas that I both thought did good with sequels. I haven't watched too many dramas yet that did have sequels, though.

I find that while some dramas do better with a second season, some really don't. After a while it sometimes gets to be too much, or it's not as good as it started out to be - or worse: it should've ended with the first season. I think it depends on the type of drama. I think some dramas would do better with maybe a special at the end of the drama to give you an idea of what happens afterwards with the characters. Sometimes a second season isn't always needed

That's why I haven't watched ISWAK 2 yet. I'm worried it won't be as good. I'll still give it a try though.
Sleepninja wrote: That's why I haven't watched ISWAK 2 yet. I'm worried it won't be as good. I'll still give it a try though.

I heard it's even better [more romance], so I wanna give it a shot after I'm done with ISWAK (:
I so want a season 2 of City Hunter and Girl K so bad. The writers can do so much with a new season.
As for doramas i want a season 2 of Mr Brain and a 3rd season of BOSS
Crazy4You wrote: I heard it's even better [more romance], so I wanna give it a shot after I'm done with ISWAK (:

Oh ok. I hadn't seen any reviews on it, so I wasn't sure.
I want a second season! for the following dramas:

Coffee Prince
Sungyunkwan Scandal
Boys Before Flowers (hahaha Lis-ssi :p)
Bad Guy (spoiler: i know it's impossible since kng dies in the end but i don't care..they can resurrect him somehow lol)

and finally the 2nd..3rd...4th...5t...6....season of all the dramas of binnie