DAY 22 - Fav school subject

Easy - ART! And free period, heehee.

Day 22-  What were your favorite school subjects? I was fascinated by History and soon found out the version I learned of my country's history is not the one American books have. It shouldn't have been a shocker but I was in 7th grade and still quite naive. I also enjoyed Literature classes where fiction introduced me to different worlds that I wanted to explore. I took language classes: English, Spanish and French, eventually taking French for 7 years through college, plus French culture and French film. in the  In the end, I had to admit I was a STEM kid. I majored in Math in university.

p43425:

I love sweet 'n innocent BLs like these. (To be honest, heavy snogging and tongue slurping doesn't really do much for me. Yeah, I know I'm the minority on this.)

I see that you (like me) really liked the Thai remake of "Cherry Magic" (arguably even better than the original), but have you watched the GMMTV remake "My Love Mix-Up"? I don't see it on your list. While it's not quite as good as the Japanese original, it's still a pleasure to watch, especially for Gem/Fourth fans. Cute, sweet and innocent!

My Cherry Magic Thailand is indeed the better version. The original ml look kind but he's not as expressive as Tay Tawan. And Tay has this sincere and clear eyes (okay, I'm a fan but I'm always objective) and they way he talk is so soft and patient. As for Newwie, he's cuter than the original mc. He's also the better actor.

I don't really like GemFot pairing that much. I like Fourth, he's a cutie pie, I even following him on IG.

For Gem, I don't know, there's something missing from his expression probably because of the way he talk or the way he smile or his lips, I don't know. I think he's not very good in Thailand either, sometimes he can't read Thailand words. Could be internasional school student problem (which Phuwin as an Internasional school student doesn't have). But he's quite good at his role in Moonlight Chicken

Though... he can't be compared to Ren Meguro (the original ml on Kieta Hatsukoi)'s role on Silent as a deaf person. He's one versatile actor. His most recent work, Umi no Hajimari is also very good but I haven't finished it. I also watch his other works like Trillion Game and My Happy Marriage. He's my recent favorite J-actor alongside Masaki Suda and Kimutaku.

The mc is also very good. He acted on Even if Love Disappear from The World Tonight. I cried like a fool for him.

Emrys:

Day 22. What were your favorite school subjects?

English basically. But I didn't go past B2 level for it, and now I doubt I'm C1. Based on how I write and speak, I'm still B2. I can't remember anything else I liked in school, other subjects were boring.

English, though I'm not that good.

Good enough to sing some English songs and understand English subtitle.

angeliviki2022:
. I majored in Math in university.

We could have used you earlier LOL 

autumn iris:
My Cherry Magic Thailand is indeed the better version.

Yes, the magic ingredient compared to the JP original is definitely Tay and New, who are just perfect. I also really like the Thai side couple, but of course the JP original also has Yutaro and Kusakawa, who I both love.

autumn iris:
I don't really like GemFot pairing that much.

Ah, then maybe I should withdraw my recommendation, haha!

autumn iris:
role on Silent as a deaf person.

I don't know Meguro for anything except "Hatsukoi", but this sounds interesting (deaf theme).

autumn iris:
The mc is also very good.

Yes, I love Michieda / Micchan! He's not only very sweet (perfect as "pure boy") but also so multi-talented.

autumn iris:
English, though I'm not that good.

Seems pretty darn good to me. (May I ask what your native language is?)

p43425:

Seems pretty darn good to me. (May I ask what your native language is?)

Indonesian. Well, there's google translate.  Hehe.

You should definitely watch Silent and prepare some boxes of hand napkins. I cried a river in every single episode.

autumn iris:
Well, there's google translate.

Indeed. Thus my own perfect command of Indonesian (of which I literally don't speak a word beyond "nasi goreng" - haha!).

Ooooh ... official trailer for "Your Sky" was just posted. I love Thomas & Kong! Similar to the teaser a few months ago, but I see at least one cast change*. I just hope that Mandee doesn't disappoint on the delivery (as it's been known to do) ... so fingers crossed.

* addition of Mike Chinnarat (who left GMMTV at the end of last year) - good actor!

p43425:
Ooooh ... official trailer for "Your Sky" was just posted. I love Thomas & Kong!

Thanks for posting. I will definitely watch this one.

Arc en ciel:

just watched this mini bl serie Our Golden Times and i want a season 2 so badly

p43425:
I hadn't really paid attention to this yet, but thanks to your tip, I'm watching it now. Compared to Thai marathons, it's nice to be able to knock off a series in about an hour. (I think this will be my first Cantonese BL!)

@Arc-en-ciel: This was a really nice BL and definitely a good use of one hour. Although the story development was a bit bumpy (hardly surprising in just one hour), the actors were really good, and for a low-budget production it's quite well done. Alors, merci pour la recommandation!

Also, I never realised till now that Cantonese superficially sounds more like Thai than Mandarin (at least to my ears).

p43425:

@Onys: Oh yes, I didn't think of that. Assuming they want a navigational course (clockwise from due north = 0°), then you're correct: 270° + 37° = 307°

Yepp, thx for the help bro :)

p43425:

Ooooh ... official trailer for "Your Sky" was just posted. I love Thomas & Kong! Similar to the teaser a few months ago, but I see at least one cast change*. I just hope that Mandee doesn't disappoint on the delivery (as it's been known to do) ... so fingers crossed.

* addition of Mike Chinnarat (who left GMMTV at the end of last year) - good actor!

sooo excited for this one XD sooo cute 

p43425:

Indeed. Thus my own perfect command of Indonesian (of which I literally don't speak a word beyond "nasi goreng" - haha!).

It's very kind of you. Pleased to meet you.