ShirleyCrow:

I started The On1y One last night and I'm hooked. Anyone else watching this one?

I'm a sucker for Tawain BL's.

Yes I am loving it. ♡ I also wanna read the novel if I can find it. lol XD

p43425:
Looking at your enormous PTW list (mostly non-BL)

Right-- I forgot to link my BL PTW list. (X)

p43425:
"My Only 12%" - sweet school BL which totally changed my opinion about Earth Katsamonnat and also propelled Santa Pongsapak to BL stardom

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Omg yes, I absolutely LOVE My Only 12%! It’s so so good @axdxex I’d defo rec it!

Thanks for the rec! I think I'll go with this one. I've been meaning to watch it for a long time, so that works out. 

On another note-- I just realized I hit my 100th BL (not counting specials or movies or anything I dropped/haven't finished) with My Love Mix Up. (All the BL's I've Watched)

axdxex:
On another note-- I just realized I hit my 100th BL (not counting specials or movies or anything I dropped/haven't finished) with My Love Mix Up. (All the BL's I've Watched)

oooooo, that's a good idea for a list LOL 

GelfyFaeth222:

a gritty special agent with premonitions crushing on his senior? I can do that. Please tell me it's stays gritty and rough and doesnt dissolve into a rom-com like so many lol

so they're training to be police officers? I wonder if the cops in my country were trained like this they might work better LOL

Feels much more up my street and all the muscle is very aesthetically pleasing. It's like looking at room of greek sculptures LOL I'm so out of shape, I feel a little encouraged to be more consistent with my exercise lol

GelfyFaeth222:
Apologies to whom ever recommended lovely writer

That was me! lol That's too bad! I do remember some people not liking it when it aired, but I still think it's a solid show with an interesting angle on the BL industry. Plus Kao and Up are so nice to look at as a couple. Anyway! I hope you have better luck with the next one :)

axdxex:

That was me! lol That's too bad! I do remember some people not liking it when it aired, but I still think it's a solid show with an interesting angle on the BL industry. Plus Kao and Up are so nice to look at as a couple. Anyway! I hope you have better luck with the next one :)

yeah i could see the angle they were going with but the anime style sense of humour just really irritates me LOL

ShirleyCrow:
I started The On1y One last night and I'm hooked. Anyone else watching this one?

I really like it, so far. 

Day 24: Do you play a sport or are you a spectator? What sports do you play or watch?

For team sports, I'm not in any active teams. In the past, I have played volleyball and badminton and am willing to join a volleyball pick-up game anytime. During the Olympics, I watched beach volleyball, indoor volleyball and basketball. I also follow the NBA (USA basketball) season and attended the playoff game 2 with my cousin in Boston. My cousin was rooting for the Dallas Mavericks, and I was rooting for the Boston Celtics, who eventually won the title.

woopdy:

oooh it's totally up my alley. Will be watching :)

Awesome!

woopdy:
I watched the trailer and it looks fun!!! I'll be watching (if I can find the time)

RE: Jack & Joker

ikr?? Me too!

p43425:

Yup. "About Youth" is indeed one of my faves - first young love at its best.

Mine too!! I loved it so much. 

ShirleyCrow:

I'll prob watch it this weekend! I also like Tawain's BLs a lot.

axdxex:
I just realized I hit my 100th BL

Now you're making me wonder how many I've watched.  That'll be for another day.

GelfyFaeth222:

yeah i could see the angle they were going with but the anime style sense of humour just really irritates me LOL

RE: Lovely Writer

No apologies for your own opinion!! :-) I know I've rec this series for others here too. Now that I'm rewatching I wouldn't rate it a 10 again, but I still like it. I don't watch anime or cartoons so I can't relate to the anime style humor you mention. There isn't a lot of humor in this series, imo.

ShirleyCrow:

I just finished the second episode and I'm totally hooked too!! love the reveal at the end that he set up the kiss all along too :)

American Fan:
No apologies for your own opinion!! :-) I know I've rec this series for others here too. Now that I'm rewatching I wouldn't rate it a 10 again, but I still like it. I don't watch anime or cartoons so I can't relate to the anime style humor you mention. There isn't a lot of humor in this series, imo.

For me, when I describe something as anime-ish, it's over exaggerated acting/characters and sound effects. I can only take them to a certain extent but Lovely Writer seems like it's whole premise was based on this. I can see the charm in it but it doesn't work on me LOL

August Challenge Day 24

Do you play a sport or are you a spectator?  What sports do you play or watch?

I'm not into sports at all in general, but I do love volleyball. I played on my junior high school team. I was really good at it and the only sport that I ever liked. I wanted to play on a school team into the rest of my high school years but the school I went to for high school didn't have a team for it. I also wanted to be on an  eventual college team, but that just never was something I was able to fulfill as college got placed on the back burner due to major life priority shifts. I don't watch sports, but every now and then I'll casually watch some world men's volleyball championships and NCAA men's volleyball championships. I'm not a die hard avid watcher, but it's nice to watch sometimes.

AUGUST CHALLENGE - DAY 24 - Sports

At one time I liked watching the Indy 500 races, but for how long can a person watch cars drive around in a circle?

I've never joined a team sport nor do I watch or follow other sports on TV. I'm a sucker for a great true story made into a movie, about a sports team that comes back for the win against all odds.

Currently I walk, hike, ride a bike, have a  basic strength training routine and thinking about starting dance classes for fun.

GelfyFaeth222:

For me, when I describe something as anime-ish, it's over exaggerated acting/characters and sound effects. I can only take them to a certain extent but Lovely Writer seems like it's whole premise was based on this. I can see the charm in it but it doesn't work on me LOL

Oh I get it! Yeah, I don't usually like exaggerated acting either, that's a major reason I dislike J-dramas more than others. Yep, I noticed the over-use of sound effects in Lovely Writer and was surprised since I didn't remember that. :-(

Day 24 August Challenge: Do you play a sport or are you a spectator? What sports do you play or watch?

I'm not really a sporty person, but I have played badminton in the past for a school event. I enjoy watching more, mostly basketball and volleyball.