Aaku_14:

Anyone watching Moonlight Chicken? T^T

I'd say plenty given the number of times it turns up in the "Which Was the Last Drama Episode You Watched? Part 3" thread.

angeliviki2022:

Just watched ep 4, and it keeps getting better.

Yeah totally. It keeps getting better and better. On one side there is Wen and Jim, on the other there is total contrast story of Heart and Liming (They have my heart mahn)

Aaku_14:
story of Heart and Liming (They have my heart mahn)

Mine too

Aaku_14:

I'm watching it!

I don´t know if this was posted before but i just found the sweetest Short Movie (9min) from Singapore ever called Pure Vanilla and I kinda feel like  it is my duty to recommend this to you all 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UmJd5tMe4&ab_channel=250Films

soullover:
I don´t know if this was posted before but i just found the sweetest Short Movie (9min) from Singapore ever called Pure Vanilla and I kinda feel like  it is my duty to recommend this to you all 

This was so cute, thanks for the recommendation!  I've happened across a lot of BL short films on youtube (Thank you, predictive algorithms, for pointing out that I watch a lot of BL series) but this was a new one for me.  Very short but sweet.

Buannaiche:

I'd say plenty given the number of times it turns up in the "Which Was the Last Drama Episode You Watched? Part 3" thread.

I am loving the story so far

Buannaiche:

This has been one of the 2023's highlights for me. Such a great show and we haven't even delved deeply into the characters' back stories yet. The acting and chemistry among the characters alone... I know I'll be re-watching this, and likely watching the BTS, if there is one.

dodoubleg1785:

Exactly!  With all the OTT dramas out there, it's nice to take things down a little bit every so often with a more organic story.  There can still be an "action packed" storyline without needing to add in miscommunications and misunderstandings. 

Miscommunication is my least favourite trope ever, like i get they're in love and all that, but just say whatever shit is on ur mind bro!! And there is always an external factor or 3rd party person who sees all that and becomes the fairy grandmother of love for 5 mins. I like more enemies to lovers or redemption arc kind of thing. Also anyone annoyed with Korean BLs just like I am? They're either so dry or so cringe but not even in a cute way cringe.... The fact that  being queer/gay is still a taboo in Korea is just bollocks!! 

I would love to join this club!

i would love to join !

kiyois back scrubber:

um i got a physical copy of the manga in waterstones but you can read it online here https://mangatoto.com/chapter/67039

ohh sankyu! I might get mine on kindle as I have 0  space to collect physical stuff right now. Thanks for the idea!<3

Amaze:

I would love to join this club!

Cat:

i would love to join !

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.  There is also a lively Discord group if you're interested, which can be found here:  https://discord.gg/sfuMD7PM

Fàilte!

Mila Kim:
Miscommunication is my least favourite trope ever, like i get they're in love and all that, but just say whatever shit is on ur mind bro!! And there is always an external factor or 3rd party person who sees all that and becomes the fairy grandmother of love for 5 mins.

OMG, this had me in stitches.. it's so true!  But I guess if they didn't assume stuff and come to their own conclusions, most of these series would only be like 10min long.  Like you, I enjoy the enemies to lovers trope better.  It makes for better tension, witty bantering and explosive chemistry.  Plus, they are always upfront about their dislike of the other; you know where you stand instead of all the internal monologue and guess-work.

dodoubleg1785:

OMG, this had me in stitches.. it's so true!  But I guess if they didn't assume stuff and come to their own conclusions, most of these series would only be like 10min long.  Like you, I enjoy the enemies to lovers trope better.  It makes for better tension, witty bantering and explosive chemistry.  Plus, they are always upfront about their dislike of the other; you know where you stand instead of all the internal monologue and guess-work.

That is very very true. People who hate each other know more of the other person than themselves lol. That's why love-hate relationships are the strongest. I would rather take doki doki moments of silly romanceu stuff rather the "does he like me? Is he mad at me? Is that is girlfriend or his sister? Does he think I am ugly?" Etc. This is too cliché even in straight couple dramas lol.  I read in a thread somewhere here that in k-dramas they don't know how to use words. Just the classic plot crisis around the last 2 eps like they break up, ex partner comes back, some tragedy/accident or just pure dumb misunderstanding and they temp break up. But in BLs they mostly revolve around "is he gay or  he just hates me?" Lol sorry for long reply, I got carried away hehe...    >_<