angeliviki2022:

I hope it's not funny, but I am laughing. Someone on this thread recently mentioned liking Japanese and Korean BL more than Thai BLs, and all I could think of was maybe they haven't found the right one yet. @MilaKim may have found the right Thai BL, and it's a good one. There are so many to choose from. Now, I'm tempted to re-watch.

Haha that might have been also me. I am so used to hearing Korean/Japanese because I've been watching media in these languages for a long time. I even studied Korean for a while. Chinese (with its dialects)  sounds okay, familiar, but Thai barely heard it apart from when idols like Ten of NCT/wayV or BamBam speak it. I'll just ignore the language if the drama is good lol. I might even rewatch too even though I not even finished. 

angeliviki2022:

I hope it's not funny, but I am laughing. Someone on this thread recently mentioned liking Japanese and Korean BL more than Thai BLs, and all I could think of was maybe they haven't found the right one yet. @MilaKim may have found the right Thai BL, and it's a good one. There are so many to choose from. Now, I'm tempted to re-watch.

eh im not sure i agree. i'd say i've watched a fair amount of thai bl (some of which i have felt so much dislike towards that i didn't even want it on my completed list) and none of them have met the expectations i had for them with the amount of hype they had and ended up watching most of them on 2x speed, even the ones that i preferred over others aren't something i would watch again by choice. i think its just the level of acting and the way that they're directed/edited and the somewhat painful writing that will never hit for me 

Can i join please ... can't believe i missed a group like this ... only saw it in hottest discustion section.

Watched quite a few BLs now and got three waiting to complete (My school president, Moonlight chicken, never let me go) - enjoying all three of them but prefer never let me go.

Fav BL is ... 'Like in the movies' followed by 'Sotus 1&2'

If anyone has anything to recommend, go for it. I can watch anything pretty much but do have a thing for ones set in school/college

oppalover87:

Can i join please ... can't believe i missed a group like this ... only saw it in hottest discustion section.

Watched quite a few BLs now and got three waiting to complete (My school president, Moonlight chicken, never let me go) - enjoying all three of them but prefer never let me go.

If anyone has anything to recommend, go for it. I can watch anything pretty much but do have a thing for ones set in school/college

just by adding a reply you have joined~ welcome 

kiyois back scrubber:

eh im not sure i agree. i'd say i've watched a fair amount of thai bl (some of which i have felt so much dislike towards that i didn't even want it on my completed list) and none of them have met the expectations i had for them with the amount of hype they had and ended up watching most of them on 2x speed, even the ones that i preferred over others aren't something i would watch again by choice. i think its just the level of acting and the way that they're directed/edited and the somewhat painful writing that will never hit for me 

I get it. I was carried away by the.. plot in Love in the air,  but sometimes the directing/editing is a bit odd to me too. I have consumed my fair share of videography/cinematography stuff so I am not stranger to filming techniques that are deemed as cliché. These thai actors know no personal space tbh. They be walking up straight to another's dude face and talk holding eye contact like it's always a starring contest. Them again, music was a bit too much at times. Copyright music maybe? Odd choices sometimes for the moments shown are not matching. Also odd face expressions but then again, I know well some are rookie actors so I try not to pry. Pls someone stop me from hyperanalysing lol

oppalover87:

Just by posting in this thread, you're a member.  There is also a lively Discord group if you're interested, which can be found here:  https://discord.gg/sfuMD7PM 

As for recs, there are some lists on the main page for each country to look at if you'd like. Or look for My Beautiful Man if you wanna join the hype. It has s2 airing now on Viki. 

angeliviki2022:

Have a look at the list of BLs I've watched. I've watched far more Thai BL (mainly because they churn them out like a factory) than from any other country. I still prefer Korean, Japanese, and Taiwanese BLs to those from Thailand.

kiyois back scrubber:

Same here I've watched thai dramas more than Japanese and Korean but I'll still say I prefer them over thai.

With thai I don't know what to say, it just don't fill right maybe in Japan and Korea you can see that they have a culture to respect the person in front of you more so it reflects in their dramas too. 

I can't say all the the thai actors have bad acting but when you like something you just like it so maybe my opinion will differ from others after all everyone have their own likings.

Yh I agree, I think the quantity of Thai BL is so high that they’ve lost the quality that the Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese BLs have kept. 

There’s been some amazing Thai dramas though and some of them are right at the top of my list so here are some I really enjoyed (some are airing)

- To sit with love 

- Triage 

- My school president 

- The Gifted + The Gifted Graduation (Non-BL but definitely worth a watch) 

- 2gether 

- I promised you the moon + I told the sunset about you

- I will knock you 

- not me 

- war of y 

- y destiny 

— until we meet again 

Hope this reignites some love for Thai BL ♥️

mewgulffangirl09:
There’s been some amazing Thai dramas though and some of them are right at the top of my list so here are some I really enjoyed (some are airing)

Thanks for posting these. I already have watched most of them. I just completed To Sir, With Love. It had more of a lakorn feel to it and had a slow start with an incredible second half. Personally, I Told Sunset About You and its sequel I Promised You the Moon top my list. These were very well acted, well directed and felt very different from other Thai BLs. 

I totally agree the production and cinematography of I told the sunset about you and it’s sequel. Highly recommend Triage, My school president (it’s final episode is airing this Friday) and Until We Meet Again but all are good 

mewgulffangirl09:
Highly recommend Triage, My school president

Triage is high on my to-watch list. Watching MSP now. Shout out to Not Me which is an action/thriller.

If you don't mind a more serious tone, I thought Manner of Death was really good and a change of pace from the more "youthful" BLs.  And I really enjoyed Paint With Love because of all the banter between the main leads.  I'm horrible with names but the guy from Triage is in it and he plays a VERY different character which I was really surprised to find I loved.

Sometimes I'll put a show or movie on my to watch list if I see a certain actor is in it.  Sometimes it leads to other good ones but other times it doesn't.  Hit and miss, but I guess that's the biz.

dodoubleg1785:
I thought Manner of Death was really good and a change of pace from the more "youthful" BLs.

Yes! I finished MoD 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There were a few plot twists that I didn't see coming. I'm a big MaxTul fan.

angeliviki2022:
Yes! I finished MoD 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. There were a few plot twists that I didn't see coming. I'm a big MaxTul fan.

Not gunna lie, I first thought you meant 2 as in a sequel and I had a mini freak-out that I somehow missed something. LOL.  I want to rewatch it sometime now knowing the ending because of those twists.. they were well done! And yeah, I agree, they are a great pair and work really well off each other!