DAY 16 - FAVORITE BL PARENT

Pete's dad in Dark Blue Kiss. I think he was the first supportive parent I saw in a BL and it's always stuck with me. If I remember correctly, Pete's relationship with him only improved after his dad found out about him and Kao.

lda82Missing Not Me:

Day 16: My Favorite BL  Drama Parent

Kwan-He's Coming to Me. 

One of the best BL parents barnone. Not only is she supportive of Thun:

when he comes out+ when he basically tells her that he's in love with a ghost & that ghost is her ex who she didn't know had died, but she's also  very supportive of her son's ghost seeing abilities. No freak out at all when she finds out.   

We all need a mom as cool as her. She's definitely one of the parents who loves her child more than anything and she proves it throughout the series.  Always there to lend a hand when her son needs her. Made her my favorite.

Wow I totally forgot about Thun's mom. She really was so cool in the series. I find it really surprising how I went through my entire list and the only two supportive parents I found were her and Pete's dad. In the other series', the parents are so unsupportive, or altogether absent.

Day 16: My Favorite BL  Drama Parent 

• Shide's Mom - We Best Love
  • Pete's Dad - Dark Blue Kiss
 Blkittykat:

Wow I totally forgot about Thun's mom. She really was so cool in the series. I find it really surprising how I went through my entire list and the only two supportive parents I found were her and Pete's dad. In the other series', the parents are so unsupportive, or altogether absent.

Thun's mom was the archtype of what more parents should be like in BL :).

Yeah sadly there isn't many supportive parents out there in the BL world. We need more. Oh I remembered two more:  Ae and Pete's moms in Love by Chance. 

I would like to join! ^^

Day 16 - Favorite Parents

Gen's parents in The Miracle of Teddy Bear. Not only are they hilarious but they way that they support their son in all his life choices not just his sexual preference. There is a scene were they are talking about how they would have loved had he joined the military or become a doctor like them but only because it was where they had the most experience and felt they could give him the best guidance but it was ultimately something he would have to choose for himself. Also its not just about accepting that he is gay.  It is a part of who he is so its something they talk and tease about like you would with any other son. His family have fully embraced him as a person not just his sexuality. 

Sorry i know that is a lot but i was so happy to see the way this family was portrayed. We need more families that don't just have a cry scene and say its ok to be gay. Show families accepting their children for who they are in all aspects of their life from the get go. Then coming out is not traumatic because you know your parents love you no matter what without question.  It's just another part of who you are. 

Sorry rant over!

I would like to join. I want to share and learn as well with you guys. 

hi everyone! im looking for BL drama recommendations (happy endings) and im adamant to ask here since im afraid itll get buried so i posted a query in the forums instead 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/recommendation-forum/72473-bl-dramas-with-happy-endings

i would be so glad if yall could suggest some! :)) 

EvieIsEve:

hi everyone! im looking for BL drama recommendations (happy endings) and im adamant to ask here since im afraid itll get buried so i posted a query in the forums instead 

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/recommendation-forum/72473-bl-dramas-with-happy-endings

i would be so glad if yall could suggest some! :)) 

You should WATCH 

First Love Again

Oh! Boarding House

Cherry Blossom After Winter 

Blueming

Yizhao naihu:

You should WATCH 

First Love Again

Oh! Boarding House

Cherry Blossom After Winter 

Blueming

yayy thank you! :)) just to clarify, all of these have happy endings right? TT TT

i watched two of these too! thank you! ^^ 

EvieIsEve:

yayy thank you! :)) just to clarify, all of these have happy endings right? TT TT

i watched two of these too! thank you! ^^ 

Yes. All of them are happy ending. You can just message me if you want more. 

Yizhao naihu:

Yes. All of them are happy ending. You can just message me if you want more. 

ok got that, thank you!! ^^

Day 16: Favorite BL Drama Parent

I loved Yuki’s mom from Life: Love on the Line. She didn’t really have hardly any screen time at all but I was so happy to see that she accepted Akira and Yuki’s relationship. Right when Yuki told her he was dating a guy, she immediately was thinking about how they could get married since they couldn’t in Japan. So, she suggested Holland. She even started talking about them adopting a child together. She was so enthusiastic for their future together and so positive. I loved it!!!

Day 16: Favorite BL Drama Parent

• Pete's dad (Dark Blue Kiss)
  • Gao Shi De's mom (We Best Love)
  • Tharn's parents (TharnType) ---> the whole family is goals!! <33

Day 16 Favourite Bl drama Parent:

I'm going to agree with @Sunshine123 and say Yuki's mum she's just so enthusiastic and her reaction is honestly so cute I love her so much. Definitely one of the best mums in BL history.