RiqueXinw:
Okay this list is looking a bit scanty but this is all I can remember right and dig up from a quick surface search of my library which is very unorganised; I will message you when I find others.

Oh wow, where do I start?  Thank you! Are the books as good as some of the dramas we watch?

Mitzi Miao:

I also liked Cutie Pie, but I didn't like them (MaxNate) much also there. It also bothers me that Khondiao looks like a kid, so the NC scenes feel so wrong. But my main problem with this series was that imo the story was ridiculous. 

Yeah, I agree about the story. That's one of things I didn't like about the MaxNate couple, how young and immature Nate is in the show. It doesn't feel like he should be a part of any relationship. 

American Fan:
Oh wow, where do I start?  Thank you! Are the books as good as some of the dramas we watch?

Ahh the old debate books or shows. Honestly I am a firm believer that things are as good as the feelings and connections you have with them as an individual and said feelings will lead to your own reviews and ratings. With dramas you get to enjoy a world created by production teams and your mind explores it through the plot of the drama but within the constraints of what is presented to you. Whereas books give us a plot and storyline but it is up to our minds to create our own individual and unique world in which we think the story unfolds. Oftentimes even though the author may give characters physical descriptions my mind will form it own perceptions, mood and setting with the words given on the page making the story and the experience I had unique from other reads even though it is the same book.

I can not choose between the two because each offers something unique and special in their own way, so we will have best seller books and fan favourite dramas and series as well as movies.

hoshthegoat:

They honestly deserved more screen time

I agree! Not to bring up Middlemans Love, again, but after seeing NuerSyn in Cutie Pie I had high expectations....

RiqueXinw:

What makes this so funny is that thinking back to certain scenes his eyes really did look like they were pleading for help  no wonder he ran away in that one scene when they couldn't find him.

Loll, same!

RiqueXinw:
Whereas books give us a plot and storyline but it is up to our minds to create our own individual and unique world in which we think the story unfolds.

Yes, our imagination takes a front seat here.  

RiqueXinw:
I can not choose between the two because each offers something unique and special in their own way, so we will have best seller books and fan favourite dramas and series as well as movies.

Well said. All your points are very good! When I'm able to start a book I'll message you my experience. :-)

OK, since we're talking about "Cutie Pie" ... Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

RiqueXinw:

What makes this so funny is that thinking back to certain scenes his eyes really did look like they were pleading for help  no wonder he ran away in that one scene when they couldn't find him.

It really is a blink if you're being held hostage situation... imagine what the poor little thing has seen ;;

American Fan:

I agree! Not to bring up Middlemans Love, again, but after seeing NuerSyn in Cutie Pie I had high expectations....

Loll, same!

I haven't seen The middleman's love, but it is on my list as one of my filler dramas (it probably helps that I don't have high expectations)

hoshthegoat:

I haven't seen The middleman's love, but it is on my list as one of my filler dramas (it probably helps that I don't have high expectations)

As you've probably heard, Episodes 1 and 2 are just awful, but the series does get better after that - still very flawed, but at least with enough good scenes to make it watchable, especially for Tutor/Yim fans like me. In fact, I really enjoyed the most recent Episode 7, particularly the development of the Gus/Tong side couple (uncut version on iQiyi).

On a separate subject, I just watched the final episode of "Bake Me Please". In a word: Meh. Or maybe my expectations were just too high. It's a shame because it had the ingredients to be good if only the recipe (story/script/character development) were better. (Apologies for the culinary wordplay.)

p43425:
OK, since we're talking about "Cutie Pie" ... Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. 

hoshthegoat:

That's smart. Even if it improved later in the series (I dropped at ep. 3) it doesn't seem to be enough to move the rating above the current 6.5, for now anyway. I would love to hear what you think of it when you get around to watching it, hehe.

p43425:
On a separate subject, I just watched the final episode of "Bake Me Please". In a word: Meh. Or maybe my expectations were just too high.

I just finished it too, and have mixed feelings. Great visuals but the story was very basic with a lot of push and pull due to misunderstandings and lies. At the end, all of a sudden, everyone was friendly again. The actors were fine though. Like really fine! 

p43425:

As you've probably heard, Episodes 1 and 2 are just awful, but the series does get better after that - still very flawed, but at least with enough good scenes to make it watchable, especially for Tutor/Yim fans like me. In fact, I really enjoyed the most recent Episode 7, particularly the development of the Gus/Tong side couple (uncut version on iQiyi).

On a separate subject, I just watched the final episode of "Bake Me Please". In a word: Meh. Or maybe my expectations were just too high. It's a shame because it had the ingredients to be good if only the recipe (story/script/character development) were better. (Apologies for the culinary wordplay.)

I really hope they get a good series in the future...

American Fan:

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. 

That's smart. Even if it improved later in the series (I dropped at ep. 3) it doesn't seem to be enough to move the rating above the current 6.5, for now anyway. I would love to hear what you think of it when you get around to watching it, hehe.

I just finished it too, and have mixed feelings. Great visuals but the story was very basic with a lot of push and pull due to misunderstandings and lies. At the end, all of a sudden, everyone was friendly again. The actors were fine though. Like really fine! 

It's probably gonna be a long while since my backlog has always been endless and I only bring dramas forward if it's something I really wanna watch or I decide to impulsively watch something that's trash for the heck of it.

RiqueXinw:

Seeing this, do you read M/M books?

My recommendations:

• Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
  • Simon Snow series by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Spectral Files series by S.E. Harmon
  • Enlightenment series by Joanna Chambers
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
  • Bid Bad Wolf series by Charlie Adhara
 p43425:
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Merry Christmas to you too and to everyone else who celebrates I hope you have a wonderful day today filled with laughter and food. Joyeux Noël!

angeliviki2022:

My recommendations:

• Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
  • Simon Snow series by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Spectral Files series by S.E. Harmon
  • Enlightenment series by Joanna Chambers
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
  • Bid Bad Wolf series by Charlie Adhara

Let me add these to my library real quick