• Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat
  • Simon Snow series by Rainbow Rowell
  • The Spectral Files series by S.E. Harmon
  • Enlightenment series by Joanna Chambers
  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
  • Bid Bad Wolf series by Charlie Adhara

Adding! Thx

hoshthegoat:
It's probably gonna be a long while since my backlog has always been endless and I only bring dramas forward if it's something I really wanna watch or I decide to impulsively watch something that's trash for the heck of it.

No worries! 

RiqueXinw:

Merry Christmas to you too and to everyone else who celebrates I hope you have a wonderful day today filled with laughter and food. Joyeux Noël!

I second that! Happy whatever to everyone :-)

p43425:
On a separate subject, I just watched the final episode of "Bake Me Please". In a word: Meh. Or maybe my expectations were just too high. It's a shame because it had the ingredients to be good if only the recipe (story/script/character development) were better. (Apologies for the culinary wordplay.)

Oh this series I have seen the clips and originally I could not find the interest to watch because I am so attached to the Until We Meet Again couple that it seemed off putting to watch the actors play different roles where they are not a couple. However I had to come to the understanding that them acting different roles in separate series does not change the beautiful story they once portrayed. With that being said I was planning to watch and then I saw the reviews and yeah hell no am I going to watch one half of my one of my hit couples star in something that ain't at least a 8 rating based on consensus. 

p43425:
On a separate subject, I just watched the final episode of "Bake Me Please". In a word: Meh. Or maybe my expectations were just too high. It's a shame because it had the ingredients to be good if only the recipe (story/script/character development) were better. (Apologies for the culinary wordplay.)

Agree, it actually started so well. I really liked the 3 first eps, then they had to bring on all the drama and ruin it. It just went downhill. Such a shame. I like Guide though, he gives off such good vibes, I also liked him in IFYLITA. Also, now I'm waiting to see Poom in another BL :)  

Mitzi Miao:
I like Guide though, he gives off such good vibes,

(re "Bake Me Please") Yes, Guide is a good actor (and a cutie), and Peach and his grandmother are probably the two best characters in the series.

RiqueXinw:
because I am so attached to the Until We Meet Again couple that it seemed off putting to watch the actors play different roles where they are not a couple.

I don't mind Ohm and Fluke doing BLs with others - but having set such an incredibly high standard in UWMA (one of the most powerful BL love stories of all time!), whatever else they do had better be really good, and in "Bake Me Please", Ohm's character Shin was unlikeable and poorly developed (or rather, the "development" felt really forced), and I was also underwhelmed by Ohm's acting performance, which felt so stiff.

p43425:
(re "Bake Me Please") Yes, Guide is a good actor (and a cutie), and Peach and his grandmother are probably the two best characters in the series.

RiqueXinw:

Agree, though maybe the best characters in this series were the cakes XD 

p43425:
Ohm's character Shin was unlikeable and poorly developed (or rather, the "development" felt really forced), and I was also underwhelmed by Ohm's acting performance, which felt so stiff.

Also agree with that! it's like they gave him some development until ep 3, and then he just went backwards as if he hasn't changed at all, then by the end it felt so rush. I've seen people criticizing Ohm's acting in it, and imo it wasn't terrible, maybe it's also part of the character itself, but it indeed felt stiff. Not his best acting performance. 

p43425:
UWMA (one of the most powerful BL love stories of all time!),

COME ON NOW you better declare this!!!! Let them KNOW

Sorry, no one asked me but I'll add my bit regarding UWMA anyway.  :-)

I almost didn't watch it due to the sensitive subject matter (that I have personal experience with), so it took me awhile to get through it. The heavy and depressing vibe, plus the constant crying. oy! I didn't like most of the characters and for some unknown reason Earth just rubs me the wrong way.  Just thinking about this series feels like a downer, but luckily it's way in the past. 

p43425:
Guide is a good actor (and a cutie), and Peach and his grandmother are probably the two best characters in the series.

Yes to Guide the cutie and his grandmother!  I really liked him. I also liked Guy, but not the character he played. I should see if he's in anything else...

American Fan:
I almost didn't watch it due to the sensitive subject matter (that I have personal experience with), so it took me awhile to get through it

That is understandable glad that you are doing much better now. 

Without saying too much to spoil it for others, this scene in I Feel You Linger In The Air is so powerful in regards to women being independent and strong. The power symbol of she drinking the whiskey is so potent. I am now at episode 10

American Fan:
Yes to Guide the cutie and his grandmother!  I really liked him. I also liked Guy, but not the character he played. I should see if he's in anything else...

Poom supposed to be in another BL as a main, it's called My Stand-In. By the series page it's him and Up (Put from Step by Step, if you've watched it) as mains. 

RiqueXinw:

That is understandable glad that you are doing much better now. 

Thank you. But I should clarify my comment - by "personal experience" I meant that a close family member passed away by suicide. I don't mean to bring it up so casually, as it's anything but.  It's also not a comfortable topic for most people, I do respect that.  

Mitzi Miao:

Poom supposed to be in another BL as a main, it's called My Stand-In. By the series page it's him and Up (Put from Step by Step, if you've watched it) as mains. 

Oh yes it's on my watch list, thanks for pointing that out! I did see Step by Step and I liked Up. I didn't like the series though. 

Fukou-kun wa kiss suru shikanai was short and cute, loved the penguin plush.

American Fan:
Oh yes it's on my watch list, thanks for pointing that out! I did see Step by Step and I liked Up. I didn't like the series though. 

I actually didn't like Up in Step by Step. But I liked the series (with its flaws) and mostly I liked Man. 

So I just finished I Feel You Linger In The Air