I had to make a cheatsheet for myself! So far these are all the dramas I've seen mentioned here as a group watch or plan to watch. Have I missed anything? 

BL GROUP WATCH
SUNDAYOnly Boo! (3 eps left)
Love Sea (starts 6/9)
MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAYWe Are (ongoing)
The Rebound (starts 6/26)
THURSDAY
FRIDAYMy Love Mix-Up! (starts 6/7)
SATURDAYWandee Goodday (ongoing)

✨Day 6 June BL Challenge- First Japanese BL:

My first Japanese BL was “Takara-kun to Amagi-kun”… it’s still one of my favourite Japanese BLs ever. 

I've been trying to post the pilot for Khemjira but this site won't let me so HERE is the link. Honestly, it looks so good! Hopefully we'll have a show by the end of the year *fingers crossed*

axdxex:

I've been trying to post the pilot for Khemjira but this site won't let me so HERE is the link. Honestly, it looks so good! Hopefully we'll have a show by the end of the year *fingers crossed*

I'll wait and see...it might be too horror-ish and thriller like for me, which will be disappointing as heck since I really wanna see a KengNamping drama! 

I've accumulated ten titles-of-interest that are WeTV-only, so last month I subscribed, even though it's far more limited than my beloved Viki, Gaga and iQiyi. I'll probably kill it after 2-3 months, then re-subscribe if and when I've accumulated a new set of WeTV-only titles.

I've finished the first of these: "Love Mechanics" (2022), the ten-hour remake of the two-hour short series "Love Mechanics" (2020), by far the best of the "En of Love" trilogy. I'm usually critical of remakes of good originals, but I loved this greatly expanded remake even more than the original, mainly because ten hours of Yin and War are definitely better than two.

Now I also understand how "Future" (cute but mediocre) is a sequel within the same universe: From the 2020 version it was just some vague references, which I had found confusing till now.

I also loved Yin and War in the three-episode "The Best Story", and I can't wait till "Jack and Joker" is released.

Next up on WeTV (via VPN to Bangkok): "Destiny Seeker". So far it's a bit garbled (plus the subtitles are poor quality), but according to reviews it gets better. Fingers crossed. (@American Fan: "Lovely Writer" and "My Engineer" are next after that. I haven't forgotten!)

Two quirks that I've noticed about WeTV, for anyone considering subscribing (despite its limited BL):
(1) I've found that VPN works on the WeTV Android app but not on the PC/Windows version. There are various other differences and differing technical deficiencies. Most of my titles-of-interest are geoblocked in my country, so I'm mostly using VPN to Singapore or Bangkok.
(2) When I close the Android app (which I watch via my home WiFi), I've noticed that WeTV keeps my mobile phone connection open. I have no idea why, or if I should be nervous. It doesn't seem to be using any significant bandwidth. But to be safe(r), I always "force stop" the app once I'm done watching.

I can't wait to hear everyone's first impressions of My Love Mix-Up! tomorrow!!  

I forgot where to watch it though...is it on YT?

June Challenge

Day 6 -First J-BL

lol not me not knowing the answer ?

Lets think (work mind work), okay so I got into J-medical dramas first, then J-BL movies and then series but I started watching J- BLs  was rather late in my obsession probably in the 2020s. Okay I don't know my first J-BL series but I am 90% sure my first J-BL movie was Dangerous Drugs of Sex.

p43425:
I've finished the first of these: "Love Mechanics" (2022), the ten-hour remake of the two-hour short series "Love Mechanics" (2020), by far the best of the "En of Love" trilogy. I'm usually critical of remakes of good originals, but I loved this greatly expanded remake even more than the original, mainly because ten hours of Yin and War are definitely better than two.

I am glad you love it. It is one of my absolute favourites.

P.S Best believe that I am stealing your gif lol

American Fan:
@RiqueXinw & Axdxex - Thanks for creating the June BL Challenge!

You're Welcome.

American Fan:

I also will be awaiting those thoughts on it since I will be holding off on this one until I see some reviews.

I should think it is YouTube.

axdxex:

Well, it is definitely horror. I have not sure what to make of yet it, it seems like a slow burn which will annoy the heck out of me but I guess I will just watch when it is airing so that I will have other series watching so I won't be that annoyed because I like the mystery element of it.

Updates (Source - Twitter (X)):

I am going to guess and say it's all three :)

American Fan:
it might be too horror-ish and thriller like for me, which will be disappointing as heck since I really wanna see a KengNamping drama! 

(re: "Khemjira") My love for Keng and Namping is stronger than my general aversion to horror/thrillers.

American Fan:

Yes, Youtube. Livestream normally starts just after 8:30 p.m. Bangkok time = 3:30 p.m. European time = 7:30 a.m. Mountain time. This is my most-awaited BL of 2024, so I'll definitely be watching.

RiqueXinw:
I am going to guess and say it's all three :)

Yeah, for real. I see a thriller tag, so I'll wait and see. However keep those pics coming!!

So I'm experiencing attention issues and can't stay focused to get through half of one drama before jumping to another one. Then repeat. I'm getting frustrated with myself as my incomplete watch list is growing...

On the other hand, watching the weekly airing series is a good thing cuz I only have the one ep. to deal with. 

Has anyone else had this experience? Did anything help?

p43425:
(re: "Khemjira") My love for Keng and Namping is stronger than my general aversion to horror/thrillers.

American Fan:

Same lol If it's scary it might take me twice as long to watch but I'm watching!

p43425:

Makes sense. For me it's almost always the story/genre that drives my choice first, then things like actors and stuff. Usually! 

p43425:

Yes, Youtube. Livestream normally starts just after 8:30 p.m. Bangkok time = 3:30 p.m. European time = 7:30 a.m. Mountain time. This is my most-awaited BL of 2024, so I'll definitely be watching.

TYSM! I'm excited for this. I might go back and take a peek at a few scenes of the original J-drama  today.

BTW, I thought I wasn't going to be able to watch ANY BLs for the next few weeks, since I'm at my dad's, but lucky me got my own room!!  And some headphones, haha.

American Fan:
Has anyone else has this experience? Did anything help?

Sounds like a drama slump... Maybe watch something cute a thoughtless ? Or just do something else (watch anime, or variety shows, or read) and only keep up with the currently airing shows, until you naturally have the urge to watch show's again.