babi:

✨Day 6 June BL Challenge- First Japanese BL: Utsukushii Kare, better known as My Beautiful Man.

It wasn't my cup of tea, tbh I didn't even enjoyed it 

I might be offending the BL gods, but it's not one of my favorites either. 

axdxex:
Now I feel like re-watching or re-reading Seven Days...

Me too. Maybe that's a good "old" one to pick for Rique's time travel suggestion to shake the drama blues.

axdxex:
At 25:00, in Akasaka

I haven't started this one yet.

OnyxTheHedgehog:

Wasn't planning to watch it but after reading that it's horror, I'm defo gonna give it a go lmao

HaHa, of course! You can watch it and report back on the horror/thriller scale.

Well I finally started To Be Continued and.....hello to you too

American Fan:
I might be offending the BL gods, but it's not one of my favorites either. 

The BL gods respect differing tastes and opinions and are not offended. However, the BL gods would note that, as also with "Taikan Yohou",  the relationship between the protagonists in the "Utsukushii Kare" / "My Beautiful Man" trilogy can be easily misunderstood if one doesn't watch it to the end. The BL gods are just sayin'.

June Challenge Day 7 - A series with the most heartbreaking ending?
Although it's actually a movie, not a series, I think I would go with "My Bromance" (2014). This neglects the awful retconned sequel, as it would have been better to just leave things stand with the original tragic ending.

June Challenge Day 7 - A series with the most heartbreaking ending

:( History 3: MODC 

p43425:

The BL gods respect differing tastes and opinions and are not offended. However, the BL gods would note that, as also with "Taikan Yohou",  the relationship between the protagonists in the "Utsukushii Kare" / "My Beautiful Man" trilogy can be easily misunderstood if one doesn't watch it to the end. The BL gods are just sayin'.

May the BL gods note that both S1 & S2 were watched in their entirety and both were given a generous 8/10 rating.  It should also be noted, tactfully, that Hira's character was more than a tiny bit taxing and frustrating To. The. Very. End. 

American Fan:

May the BL gods note that both S1 & S2 were watched in their entirety and both were given a generous 8/10 rating.  It should also be noted, tactfully, that Hira's character was more than a tiny bit taxing and frustrating To. The. Very. End. 

The BL gods hear ya.

June Challenge Day 7 - A series with the most heartbreaking ending

My policy is to stay away from sad endings, but sometimes I'm caught unawares. This is one of those dramas movies. I had high hopes going into Part 2, only to have those hopes dashed and my heart in pieces. It was quite traumatizing during my early years of drama watching. (The original ending version). 

Come to think of it, this movie series is a major reason I've gotten better at avoiding sad endings. 

Irresistible Love: Secret of the Valet & Irresistible Love 2 (Chinese 2016)

Day 7 - A series with the most heartbreaking ending 

I have a policy of not watching shows with sad endings lmao if it looks like it's going to end with heartbreak, I will wait for it to finish airing and then ask people if it's se or he ;; 

I did watch History 3 : Make Our Day's Count, but dropped it on ep8 because I spoiled the ending for myself and couldn't make myself finish it.

RiqueXinw:
Well I finally started To Be Continued and.....hello to you too

sold

babi:

✨Day 6 June BL Challenge- First Japanese BL: Utsukushii Kare, better known as My Beautiful Man.

It wasn't my cup of tea, tbh I didn't even enjoyed it 

Me neither. Hira is so... creepy lmao I only managed to skim S1 and I kind of watched S2-- BUT idk what possessed me to watch the movie My Beautiful Man: Eternal, and I surprisingly really liked it ??? I even rated it an 8.5 ??? 

axdxex:
sold

Yeah, not so fast. I am halfway through and lets not make any commitments yet. If you had any other series you planned on watching before I would suggest you watch it. If not then please jump in and help me finish it; lending another perspective.

RiqueXinw:
Yeah, not so fast. I am halfway through and lets not make any commitments yet. If you had any other series you planned on watching before I would suggest you watch it.

(re "To Be Continued") The MDL reviews seem largely quite positive, so I'll be interested to hear your final feedback.

Day 7 - A series with the most heartbreaking ending  Stay with Me, esp. now that we're not getting Season 2. 

angeliviki2022:

Day 7 - A series with the most heartbreaking ending  Stay with Me, esp. now that we're not getting Season 2. 

Ouch! Good choice. I didn't think of that one, especially in the absence of S2.