Day 18 - Most romantic main lead?

The only one I can think of now is Puen from Vice Versa giving Talay flowers at that wedding.

p43425:
Per The Guardian: "The bill passed its final reading on Tuesday with the approval of 130 of the 152 members of the Senate in attendance, with four voting against it and 18 abstaining."

Elisheva:
And it was 399 for in the lower house, with only 5 against and 10 abstentions. I know we're outside looking but these landslide numbers feel so important.

These numbers are significant! Congrats to Thailand!  Maybe a neighboring country next? Vietnam? I was also thinking the Philippines but I have the impression it's a very religious culture (Catholic?) which might be more challenging. How about Japan?

FortPeatForever:
I will have to go with Kao from Dark Blue Kiss-

Oh yes, the teddy bear!! That was sooo sweet!

American Fan:
Vietnam? I was also thinking the Philippines but I have the impression it's a very religious culture (Catholic?) which might be more challenging. How about Japan?

One can hope for any of these three, maybe even Cambodia.

Public opinions have been changing rapidly in Japan (see survey below, actually ranked #1 in the region!), but the political culture is very conservative and painfully sloooow.

Vietnam and Cambodia seem to be interested in LGBT tourism and such, and public opinion is also quite accepting (see below, #2 and #5 respectively), but they're far more authoritarian and thus hard to predict.

The Philippines is a bit of an enigma in that it's very Catholic but at the same time a very enthusiastic BL market - and although  it's not in the survey below, my understanding is that it's fairly accepting of same-sex relationships. Nevertheless, I wouldn't hold my breath.

This survey was published in November 2023 by Pew Research, which is very highly regarded:

p43425:
This survey was published in November 2023 by Pew Research, which is very highly regarded

Interesting survey. I wasn't too far off, for a guess. I'm not surprised to see Malaysia & Indonesia at the other end of the spectrum. Their human rights record in general is very poor. 

I have a Vietnamese friend living in SK and the stories he shares of his childhood  in Vietnam, especially school years, is very strict and as you mention, authoritarian. 

It will be interesting to see how the new Thai marriage law influences or affects other Asian countries in the coming years. 

American Fan:
I was also thinking the Philippines but I have the impression it's a very religious culture (Catholic?)

I would be thrilled, but I don't think I'll see it in my lifetime. I spent the first 12 years of my life there, so I was very indoctrinated in that religion. I only have very superficial relationships with my childhood friends because they have remained very close-minded. 

Edited to include NPR article:

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/28/1184968364/in-the-philippines-a-survey-shows-growing-support-for-gays-and-lesbians#:~:text=Additionally%2C%20many%20of%20the%20laws,divorce%20and%20same%2Dsex%20marriage.

Day 18 - Most romantic main lead   I would have to say Karan from Cherry Magic (Th).  He just did so many small things for Achi, just because... and he didn't even let Achi know about them. Like, closing the blinds so the sun is not in Achi's eyes, making the coffee for the office. It was only when Karan was out of the office that Achi noticed who had been behind these little things. <3

p43425:
This survey was published in November 2023 by Pew Research, which is very highly regarded:

What's interesting about this is Taiwan where same-sex marriage has been the law since 2019. I expected more support.

RiqueXinw:

Love Sea is trending on Twitter and so I went scrolling through (for gifs hehe) and I saw posts that claim Boss said he will outdo FortPeat in passion (NC scenes) in his and Noeul's upcoming series. If we are only in episode 2 of love Sea and we are already seeing such NC scenes we can imagine what is to come, so how the hell is Boss planning to outdo them. At that point they are going to have to post these episodes on only fans lol.

I'm sorry- WHAT? Ok I'm loving the idea, but how the heck r BossNoeul gonna beat FortPeat in this? Man, I gotta see this lmao

American Fan:

Does this qualify for a group watch?! I think it might!

Yesss, I'm so in! Can't wait XD

RiqueXinw:

Ah, I see, then I must say great choice. I enjoyed this one the most out of all of the stories.

Edit: I also thoroughly enjoyed story 2: Star in my mind

Loved them all! Such cute stories <3

axdxex:

Do watch Star in My Mind if you get the chance! A lot of us here are fans lol 

This is me on the JoongDunk agenda lol

Well hello there my fellow JoongDunk/Star In My Mind fan :)

Omg I love that! (I mean the post right below, cuz for some reason I can only type on top of it lmao)

It's like a ticket to a show lol, so cute <3

This'll be fun!

American Fan:

Awesome!

Everyone Welcome!

BATTLE OF THE WRITERS 

Group Watch 

Premiers July 29

Share thoughts & opinions about the series here among like-minded BL drama friends.

American Fan:
DAY 18 - Most Romantic Main Lead

Karan (Tay) in Cherry Magic (Thai version)

Great choice! I honestly have no idea who to choose, there r just too many XD

Elisheva:

The Thai Senate passed the marriage equality bill today :D :D :D :D :D :D

Haven't found vote numbers yet. Hoping it was as overwhelmingly for as the lower house's vote but whatever the count, Thailand will have equal marriage very soon.

Happy Pride Month everyone <3

Yayyyy <333 this is great news, cheered me up on a bad day <3 

Congratulations to Thailand on the Marriage Equality Bill being passed in the Upper house with a significant  majority of more than 2/3 of the house voting in favour of equality for same sex couples in civil rights . Other than the right for same sex couples to marry this monumental passing of this piece of legislation also gives same sex couples rights related inheritance, adoption, healthcare decision making etc. As the Bill awaits royal assent from the King after which it will come into effect 120 days after it is published in the royal gazette, I hope other Asian countries will follow suit. It is heartwarming to see the celebratory atmosphere taking place in Thailand and all over the world since the news broke out; the BL actors have been showing their support in numerous posts across the different social media platforms. Congratulations to Thailand again. 

Updates:

A worshipping ceremony will be held July 8, 2024 for the series.

I believe there will be some content released with them getting married.

OnyxTheHedgehog:
Ok I'm loving the idea, but how the heck r BossNoeul gonna beat FortPeat in this?

Sooooo, I don't mean to start anything, like, you know, a war or anything, BUT BossNoeul are already ahead since they are THE sexiest BL CP ever.  I'm just sayin'...

RiqueXinw:
A worshipping ceremony will be held July 8, 2024 for the series.

What is a worshipping ceremony? Cuz I don't want to miss out on the whole worshipping thing for the SEXIEST BL CP. (See note above).

RiqueXinw:
It is heartwarming to see the celebratory atmosphere taking place in Thailand

Hip Hip Hurray!!

RiqueXinw:
I believe there will be some content released with them getting married.

RE: Karan & Achi's Wedding -  I'll stay tuned!!! <3 <3 <3

OnyxTheHedgehog:
It's like a ticket to a show lol, so cute <3

THX!! I can't wait!

OnyxTheHedgehog:
I'm sorry- WHAT? Ok I'm loving the idea, but how the heck r BossNoeul gonna beat FortPeat in this? Man, I gotta see this lmao

my guess is grunting and moaning, they're pros at that

no one reply to this, we're not talking about it