I need some help. I have a friend who is new to BLs and wants to start watching them. He asked me for a rec. list. I don't want to give him a biased list centred around my preferences. I have created a custom list where persons can add titles to it and I plan to share this list with him. If you want can you guys add some titles to the list that you would recommend. He has no preferences right now since he is new to the genre and will figure what genres he prefers as he watches. Thank You :)

https://mydramalist.com/list/1XZkyxK3

RiqueXinw:
I have a friend who is new to BLs and wants to start watching them.

A determinant in terms of title choices is whether he might want to subscribe to Viki, Gaga or Iqiyi. Needless to say, one can watch lots of free BLs on Youtube (with adverts) or elsewhere (evil pirate sites!), but I would recommend Viki if possible, which is how I started with BLs. Although Viki has been recently been slow with new BLs, they still have a lot of high-quality titles in their catalogue, and it's technically the best platform. I also find the Viki reviews and average ratings convenient (and helpful as a  complement to MDL reviews), although it should be recognised that Viki average ratings are uniformly inflated, i.e. "good" is above 9.0, "great" is above 9.5 or so. Viki is a reputable company owned by Rakuten of Japan, so I have no worries about credit card info and such.

RiqueXinw:
If you want can you guys add some titles to the list that you would recommend.

I got carried away and added 30 titles of my top rated dramas, haha.

June Challenge Day 19 - Most realistic BL ending  I would say My School President. This was a sweet high school story with a HEA.  

angeliviki2022:
Most realistic BL ending  I would say My School President.

One of my all-time faves. I'm not sure if I'd call the ending "realistic", but it was certainly a totally delightful HEA (and also so funny: Tin/Gun or Gun/Tin? Haha).

June Challenge Day 19 - Most realistic BL ending- I am gonna go with History 3: Trapped.

FortPeatForever:

June Challenge Day 19 - Most realistic BL ending- I am gonna go with History 3: Trapped.

I couldn't think of one since I'm like P43425 and prefer happy fluffy endings. So I agree with your choice of HIStory 3: Trapped. It wasn't bad or too sad, just not "complete" in my mind. But very realistic for sure.

American Fan:

I couldn't think of one since I'm like P43425 and prefer happy fluffy endings. So I agree with your choice of HIStory 3: Trapped. It wasn't bad or too sad, just not "complete" in my mind. But very realistic for sure.

Tbh it was the only one that came into my head. I was too excited about watching we are to concentrate lol XD

Day 19 - Most realistic BL Ending

I'm going to sound insane for this because this show doesn't take itself seriously and the main character is a vampire (as far from realistic as you ca get) buttt-- 1000 Years Old

American Fan:

I kept thinking-- why show me when he's going to jail, instead show me when he's getting out of jail! lol

edit *major spoiler don't read this if you haven't watched*

axdxex:

I kept thinking-- why show me when he's going to jail, instead show me when he's getting out of jail! lol

Lmao Ikr XD

FortPeatForever:

Lmao Ikr XD

That's probably one of the only series I wish they did a time skip lol

American Fan:
I couldn't think of one since I'm like P43425 and prefer happy fluffy endings.

New standard abbreviation: "HFE" (subtly different from "HEA", which isn't necessarily fluffy).

axdxex:
I'm going to sound insane for this because this show doesn't take itself seriously and the main character is a vampire (as far from realistic as you ca get) buttt-- 1000 Years Old. 

I loved the ending, different than any other BL I've seen, and I would also hope there's a certain realism to it. (I've been married for a very long time - although not to a vampire - so it'll surely be till the bitter end.)

p43425:

I loved the ending, different than any other BL I've seen, and I would also hope there's a certain realism to it. (I've been married for a very long time - although not to a vampire - so it'll surely be till the bitter end.)

Yes! I was actually feeling a bit stressed the day I watched the ending and it really got to me. I confess I sobbed a little.