Anyway, Bai Lu x Sun Zhen Ni  GL when?

GL Drama Lovers Club Coordinated Watch

For more information on the activity, click here.

This week's watch is the Veils (2021; Japan; 18m)
Trailer

Where to watch (w Eng Sub):
GagaOOlala

Discussion Post: Hosted by AthenaTheStorierX

Voting List for Next Week's Feature-Length Film: https://mydramalist.com/list/3DgbM5JL

Previous List for Reference:
https://mydramalist.com/list/3rWa6E74

Be Mine Prologue

Tawan-Winnie

They cute. ^-^ Parents are friends/acquittances and they've went to the same schools for years, so their paths have crossed on lots of occasions. Sounds like Tawan's dad has more of a relationship with his daughter than Winnie's. :'( It's easy to make authoritative decisions for your kids when you don't have to be around for their reactions. 

And now they are roommates O.O *le gasp*

They killed me with these lines/scenes:

"I don't like coffee, it makes you go to bed late at night, I don't like that."
"But winnie keeps me awake too."

JaoJay-Sitang

Hm. Did they change it up from the novel? Someone had previously tagged their romance as JaoJay being a teenager (presumably 19 I guess?) but she introduced herself as 22. This is giving GAP vibes, and I don't just mean because of the boss-employee dynamic. I swear, Sitang better not have a fiance! But I like that Jaojay's crush didn't stay secret for long. She's really diving for it and Sitang might be enjoying egging her on.

Pipim-Peeraya

So is Peeraya a lawyer? I love this contract relationship situation, but I don't really like the way it seems to manifest. Doesn't seem good for their long-term dynamics. It seems that Peeraya is using this as an excuse to be close to Pipim, so I hope that confession comes about sooner rather than later.

The CAR SCENE?! Hello?! I might need a medic. 

Papai and Jaokha

I'm not quite sure about Papai's logic with the break up. Because she's saying it's because of the bankruptcy, but that would only really matter if she is trying to "provide" for Jaokha. But they're both still students and that's an outdated mindset that I hope Papai doesn't hold. Instead, I would think a more valid concern would be the stigma around being with the daughter of a convicted embezzler in case of a failed courtcase. Or that she would have to go away and live with relatives or drop out of school or something. These reasons, I could see. Bankruptcy, not so much.

But this is gonna be interesting for sure. A second chance romance, so to speak. One in which the two of them are navigating how themselves and each other have changed, as well as the broken trust and insecurities stemming from the break up.

As much as I am sure I will like Prapai, I want some protective sister moments of Jaojay giving Prapai a hard time before Papai and Jaokha get back together. Because that's what I would do for sure.

Peak/Namhom

Namhom over here being Director, Executive Producer, and our Cafe Owner Peak (who I suspect will be a wise voice in the franchise). It would definitely play into the "mom of the Be Mine cast" thing she's got going on her social media.

But man, I can tell we are in for some angst. Even the music seems to be yelling that fact at us. Buckle up!

chiha:
Maybe I should continue watching show me love from where I dropped it lmao

Why did you drop it?

kardasx:
Casting for DREAM by Idol Factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjR-L9C9nfo

Someone in the live comments mentioned a FreenBecky movie, do we know if it's a GL?
Apparently, a few of the auditioners were in GAP the series in a few small roles.
Gah, I love some of the live commenters telling people to respect the other auditioners and respect that Freen and Becky are too busy for this production. *applause*
059 looks familiar. Also, I love how expressive her face was!
Aren't you supposed to wear clothes that don't cover up your ID card? I couldnt see the number or name of the girl with the black jacket at all.
Oh lord, you would think that at the very least people with freenbecky/freen/becky usernames and fan accounts would know where the girls are. "Where is freenbecky?" "Why no freenbecky?" Hmm. Idk. Maybe because they in CHINA. And filming a MOVIE?! *facepalm*
Why people so mad/dismissive about the last pair of actresses? I thought they were cute. o.O
Ooof. Even the Thai watchers calling out the disrespective behavior of inter fans. T_T I feel secondhand shame.

Looking at the finalist announcements, what on earth is the outcry going on against IdolFactory? Is it just FreenBecky fans being mad that they arent in this? Seems like there might be more to it but idk.

chiha:
(i'm not saying it's because of the car scene but I'm also not saying it's not :)

Can't blame you if it was. That scene was fire.

kardasx:
I am only sorry for Winter, he will have to share Winnie now.

I don't think Khun Winter minds: https://twitter.com/khunwinter_wn

chiha:
the thing i love most about pipim and peeraya is the trope that they have a rocky start

Totally coercion.  Looking forward to how they address that (hopefully they do). That's so not a good way to start.

AthenaTheStorierX:
Looking at the finalist announcements,

Oh... I didn't know that there is also the 2nd part... lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dizIPKQ0mA 

In the 1st part I liked the most those in 1:24:00, numbers 003 and 005. They were very cute with good chemistry and it would also be nice if Mint (020) could get some role in any project, because she was very good in GAP. 

In the 2nd part I liked the first duo and some others. Most of them became finalists.

Live comments were all hopeless, full of people asking for Freen and Becky. :/

@Athena regarding show me love, it just felt a bit "meh", filler scenes, dialogues. But i think I'll finish it after i do gap. (the make-up was kind of getting to me. sorry, it's just a pet peeve i have)

you enjoyed the prologue for sure xD insert oh my gosh they were rommates vine for tawan and winnie, i loved that coffee line too! i commented the same about the age because the synopsis mentions 19. i like a good age gap but 22 feels more realistic. bankruptcy does seem a bit much to cause so much heartbreak. i thoight it was because the entire family was possibly being defamed so papai didn't want jaokha to be associated or she felt bad abt what she would think?

omg did you watch the entire casting! that was movie length (in fact I think i watched a movie right after)

AthenaTheStorierX:
This is giving GAP vibes, and I don't just mean because of the boss-employee dynamic. I swear, Sitang better not have a fiance!

yea Sitang's character is bit like Sam but nah it's so much different story from gap..also Jaojay's character is totally diffrent than Mon. Nah.. Sitang don't have a fiance:)

AthenaTheStorierX:
Namhom over here being Director, Executive Producer, and our Cafe Owner Peak (who I suspect will be a wise voice in the franchise).

Loved how you put that in small and beautiful.

AthenaTheStorierX:
But man, I can tell we are in for some angst. Even the music seems to be yelling that fact at us. Buckle up!

Like Yea. Hey do you know we "Be Mine" Fans have our official fandom Name "BeSide"..Like Damn that's nice i loved it^^

Omg. IS Entertainment/Be Mine The Series is hosting a gender seminar with gender experts:

https://twitter.com/pae_icelatte/status/1658494277079691265?s=46&t=zDqChy7bTkANTl7AHR0YZg

Some new GL Drama Lover Badges, if you like/prefer this template let me know and I will try to make some more :)

Rien:
Some new GL Drama Lover Badges, if you like/prefer this template let me know and I will try to make some more :)

Aw cute! Thanks for thinking of us for the new design ^-^

What are the last 2 from?

AthenaTheStorierX:

Aw cute! Thanks for thinking of us for the new design ^-^

What are the last 2 from?

https://mydramalist.com/726513-led-astray-by-love

Rien:
https://mydramalist.com/726513-led-astray-by-love

Thank you!

Lesbian Relationship Alert!

Just before the season finale of Filipino drama Dirty Linen (season 2 already started), 2 of the supporting characters have finally been explicitly confirmed as being in a relationship after much fan speculation.

Read more here.

2 more badges and a gif version of the previous 2.