AthenaTheStorierX:
*sigh* I'm missing the days when my phone was blowing up with notifications from Be Mine and SKIU. T_T

SUCH HAPPY TIMES!!! the week when both shows were realeasing their posters was the happiest ever

Summer2305:
Me too T_T and be mine is going to start filming in October I guess so nothing till then about it I guess??

maybe there will still be events/photoshoots/workshops? i really hope so!! and when they start filming it will be so awesome!

and skiu... i hope we get some news soon i miss them :')

fanez17:
Could intersex person, who looks like a woman and identifies as one and dates with another woman, be considered a sapphic character? (it is not related to that drama) :)

yes, absolutely!! intersex and trans women are women, and i hope we get to see them represented in gl more often

mermysteries:
yes, absolutely!! intersex and trans women are women, and i hope we get to see them represented in gl more often

Sure they are women. Maybe I wrote it wrongly... it is too complex issue similar to the meaning of universe for me. So... is a woman, who is attracted to transgender woman still called lesbian... or trans woman attracted to another trans woman called lesbian... or does it have any other name? Maybe I wrote it again in wrong words... it is too complex and I don't want to write whole book here. They are all woman, so it would still be GL, but... it is confusing. Some trans people even don't go through physical sex change... so... ... maybe it would be better for me to return to thinking about the universe. :)

I mean, there are “skoliosexual” (being attracted to nonbinary and trans individuals) and “Gynosexual” (being attracted to feminine traits) - but these terms arent typically well-received, and are mostly used by people who are trans and nonbinary themselves to describe their attraction to people like themselves.

But no, in general you would still use “lesbian” or “sapphic” in the context of relationships with transwomen.

Of course, there is quite a bit of passionate discourse when it comes to this, especially in specific context of women who decide not to transition (which they don’t have to, don’t get me wrong) and intimacy. So we may see a term be founded later, but for now we see “lesbian” and “sapphic” with an occasional noted preference for cis and post-transition trans women (which isnt always well-received on behalf of some people interpreting and/or using it in a transphobic manner).

AthenaTheStorierX:
But no, in general you would still use “lesbian” or “sapphic” in the context of relationships with transwomen.

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the explanation. :) I was just wandering about it in case I would use some transgender character in one of my stories... so how some lesbian character could react to them... but it would probably be some transgender alien... mmm... yeah... "Romance of a fox girl and transgender Alien" (mix of fantasy and scifi). That could be good. :D

kardasx:

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the explanation. :) I was just wandering about it in case I would use some transgender character in one of my stories... so how some lesbian character could react to them... but it would probably be some transgender alien... mmm... yeah... "Romance of a fox girl and transgender Alien" (mix of fantasy and scifi). That could be good. :D 

i see you really like nagato yuuki for me it was mikuru she's cute and i like her mikuru beam she did

kardasx:
Sure they are women. Maybe I wrote it wrongly... it is too complex issue similar to the meaning of universe for me.

don't worry, it can be a bit difficult to understand at first.  the most important thing is that you're open to learning about it, and that's really admirable!

fanez17:
i see you really like nagato yuuki for me it was mikuru she's cute and i like her mikuru beam she did

I am like Yuki myself. My purpose is to observe humans here on Earth. :) I also liked Mikuru and Haruhi... but Yuki the most. :)

mermysteries:
don't worry, it can be a bit difficult to understand at first. the most important thing is that you're open to learning about it, and that's really admirable!

I am very open minded and I must be, otherwise I would not be able to do this job of observing humanity. :D But now with all those new AI robots slowly coming into life... is a woman attracted to female AI robot OR female AI robot attracted to another female AI robot or a woman (human) also considered as lesbian? It could be interesting to have GL with female AI robots... or maybe terrifying for some people. :)  

So I read some comments under dangerous romance and I'm just so pissed off like😭😭. What do you guys think of viewjune in dangerous romance??(*for context june's character is a teacher maybe and view's character is a student and has a crush on one of main lead) 

Summer2305:

So I read some comments under dangerous romance and I'm just so pissed off like😭😭. What do you guys think of viewjune in dangerous romance??(*for context june's character is a teacher maybe and view's character is a student and has a crush on one of main lead) 

wait... really??? but then they won't be a couple right?? bc that would be really really weird... i thought they would be a side couple, but if one is a teacher and the other a student then no thanks

and june doesn't look that much older than the rest of the cast to be a teacher... such a weird choice

mermysteries:

wait... really??? but then they won't be a couple right?? bc that would be really really weird... i thought they would be a side couple, but if one is a teacher and the other a student then no thanks

and june doesn't look that much older than the rest of the cast to be a teacher... such a weird choice

So june SURE is teacher and view is a student that's also for sure. But the thing is during workshop their director posted a pic of them adding hashtag viewjune(for the first time official) and DR hashtag below that. So maybe they REALLY are a cannon. And now what I think is maybe june could be assistant(like when you just start practicing(?) I forgot proper word). But don't you think makers would have thought about it and made a good story(acceptable). Cause recently they had a shooting for dr promotional video where they are being interviewed together...

Maybe the student has a one-sided crush, kinda like that one dude in Eclipse?

The overall story is set in high school (according to the MLs’ uniforms), maybe View is a college student. Either as a Teacher’s Assistant or the older sister of someone?

Admittedly, i havent kept up much with Dangerous Romance beyond keeping an eye on a release date, so idk whats exactly going on nor do i have any confident guesses.

Also, hasnt GMMTV done two-name hashtags before with non-couples? Like Double Savage? I cant remember.

Ugh, I love ViewJune and I really wish that's not the case...I hope it's somehow acceptable...if not, I'd rather they're not a couple then...I'm just SO GLAD and relieved we get them as a couple in 23.5...cause they deserve and it seems like they have such bad luck, in 10yt they were step-sisters, and in DR it seems to be unshippable again...thank god for 23.5!

AthenaTheStorierX:

Maybe the student has a one-sided crush, kinda like that one dude in Eclipse?

The overall story is set in high school (according to the MLs’ uniforms), maybe View is a college student. Either as a Teacher’s Assistant or the older sister of someone?

Admittedly, i havent kept up much with Dangerous Romance beyond keeping an eye on a release date, so idk whats exactly going on nor do i have any confident guesses.

Also, hasnt GMMTV done two-name hashtags before with non-couples? Like Double Savage? I cant remember.

yes i sure hope it's one sided or that they're not a couple at all if that's the case... im kinda sad though, even though i didn't plan to watch dangerous romance, i was still looking forward to watching clips of their scenes together

anny:

Ugh, I love ViewJune and I really wish that's not the case...I hope it's somehow acceptable...if not, I'd rather they're not a couple then...I'm just SO GLAD and relieved we get them as a couple in 23.5...cause they deserve and it seems like they have such bad luck, in 10yt they were step-sisters, and in DR it seems to be unshippable again...thank god for 23.5!

thank god, they will be so good in 23.5!! i already love their characters so much

Hi girls, I spent 6 months last year making English subtitles for The Message, a Chinese drama based on a WW2 spy thriller where the female lead is canonically gay (in the novel, though of course it was toned down in the adaptation). The show stars Janice Man and Lulu Xu, and was very popular on TikTok / Douyin when it was released in 2020. 

I've shared the subs in this comment. https://mydramalist.com/24028-the-message#comment-13605841

Pro tip: Stick it out to at least episode 28, which is the gayest by far.

Happy Sapphic Saturday everyone (even though some of you might be in Sunday already...)!

Yiren (Your Ship is Real; played by Qi Xia Xia)

When a lot of you hear about a mainland China production, you probably automatically think "censored." As the BL scene has been proving, those guidelines are more for dramas/movies that are being broadcasted on television within China.

Those same rules do not apply to the same extent to dramas/films that are going straight-to-international streaming or being produced and shared independently on douyin (tiktok), youtube, and similar sites. It also doesn't apply to the same extent with ads. This is why you see so many of these little sapphic micro films and dramas, usually doubling as an ad or music video, which can barely be considered censored. In fact, some even feature wedding and kiss behind-the-scenes footage.

Yiren is a character from one such production. She is an actress, coming off press-tours after a sapphic/sismance costume drama had big success. But with the drama ending, her time with her pretty co-star Chuchu appears to also be coming to an end.

Yiren is confidant and poised, with a certain degree of power and pull in the industry that she doesn't flaunt, even while she uses it to her own advantage - say, to orchestrate time with her crush? Which makes her really fun by the end of the film, even though the central character is Chuchu.

This was one of our GL Coordinated Watches back in May/June actually ;)