By the way, does anyone know where Channel 3 usually streams their shows for the international audience? i checked and they were not on youtube :(

edit: i'm an idiot, their series are actually on Youtube :D and they're super long, i hope their GL gets the same treatment 

JAPANESE GL.DROPPING ON JANUARY!!

https://twitter.com/Shirobear18/status/1724508670409773308?t=3knckk9WR6nY3suztm-YUg&s=19

mermysteries:

KOREAN GL.DROPPING ON JANUARY!!

https://twitter.com/Shirobear18/status/1724508670409773308?t=3knckk9WR6nY3suztm-YUg&s=19

Do you mean Japanese?

AthenaTheStorierX:

Do you mean Japanese?

yes!! got too excited and mixed it up, it's a Japanese GL!!!!! thanks for correcting

I'm so excited!! Japan has done several movies, but there hasn't been many GL full-length dramas coming out from the country. I'm so excited to see what they'll do with it!

AthenaTheStorierX:

I'm so excited!! Japan has done several movies, but there hasn't been many GL full-length dramas coming out from the country. I'm so excited to see what they'll do with it!

yes!! ive been watching some Japanese BLs lately as well, didn't find any I didn't like so far! so im absolutely certain i will love their GLs even more

mermysteries:

By the way, does anyone know where Channel 3 usually streams their shows for the international audience? i checked and they were not on youtube :(

edit: i'm an idiot, their series are actually on Youtube :D and they're super long, i hope their GL gets the same treatment 

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the past three BLs on my watchlist from Ch3 have not been available on YouTube. Those being I Will Knock You, Twins and Be Mine Superstar. It seems to me that they only post their straight lankorns on YouTube so I wouldn't expect them to do that for a GL. 

However sometimes they make deals with the production companies (like GAP to show on YouTube) or companies such as IQIYI or Gagaoolala to show on their platforms. So I guess we'll have to wait to see how that goes but I love that Ch3 skipped the high school and university romance GLs and went straight to the GL doctors hehe

mermysteries:

JAPANESE GL.DROPPING ON JANUARY!!

Wait but that sounds so cute! I'm excited :))

Im fairly(???) sure that I Will Knock You and Be Mine Superstar were on Youtube, just cut versions and with tight regional restrictions since both went on paid streaming platforms for most countries.

Channel 3 does often put their stuff on youtube. And on their own streaming service. However, theyre inconsistent about providing subs, especially for their own produced titles. And the length of dramas on their youtube channel is not an indicator of anything. For one, those dramas are mainstream thai media. For two, while Channel 3 does have a production company under them, they are first and foremost a broadcasting company/channel.

AthenaTheStorierX:

Im fairly(???) sure that I Will Knock You and Be Mine Superstar were on Youtube, just cut versions and with tight regional restrictions since both went on paid streaming platforms. 

Channel 3 does often put their stuff on youtube. And on their own streaming service. However, theyre not really good at providing subs, especially for their own produced titles. And the length of dramas on their youtube channel is not an indicator of anything. For one, theyre mainstream thai media. For two, while Channel 3 does have a production company under them, they are first and foremost a broadcasting company/channel.

Ah that makes sense. I guess I should've clarified that neither of those titles were available *to me* on youtube. My bad

AthenaTheStorierX:

Im fairly(???) sure that I Will Knock You and Be Mine Superstar were on Youtube, just cut versions and with tight regional restrictions since both went on paid streaming platforms for most countries.

Channel 3 does often put their stuff on youtube. And on their own streaming service. However, theyre inconsistent about providing subs, especially for their own produced titles. And the length of dramas on their youtube channel is not an indicator of anything. For one, those dramas are mainstream thai media. For two, while Channel 3 does have a production company under them, they are first and foremost a broadcasting company/channel.

oooh i see!! these are not available here either. thanks for the explanation, i was not familiar with channel 3. guess we have to wait to see how to watch their gl!

Uranus 2324 - blessing ceremony on 19.11, filming from 28.11 to 05.12 (that's 8 consecutives days of filming... wow)

Dream -  filming on 17.11, 19.11, 23.11, 24.11 (Q3, 4, 5 and 6)

The Loyal Pin - filming on 20.11 (Q1)

FreenBecky will also be abroad from 24.11-26.11... that's a LOT. 

Idol Factory is really starting filming for their series before the pilots are even out... first with Dream and now with The Loyal Pin. On one hand, i'm glad that means we're getting the series faster, but on the other hand, i'm not sure that makes much sense?

Maybe they want to avoid huge differences between the pilot and the actual series, like what happened with GAP, i really don't know

The pilots releasing way before they  even starts filming is a good way to give time to promote the show and check the interest of audience but maybe they don't need to do that now since gls  have gained popularity,  and personally don't see the point of pilots if they make the show inconsistent both time and visual vise.

mermysteries:

Idol Factory is really starting filming for their series before the pilots are even out... first with Dream and now with The Loyal Pin. On one hand, i'm glad that means we're getting the series faster, but on the other hand, i'm not sure that makes much sense?

Maybe they want to avoid huge differences between the pilot and the actual series, like what happened with GAP, i really don't know

Considering the changes made to GAP were ones demanded from domestic GL fans, i dont think that that’s the motivator for the different timeline.