TheGayestGay:

Ok so quick update the GL is actually pretty essential to the story and it also features various LGBTQIA+ characters! It was a lot more than I expected (seeing as I randomly saw it and decided to watch it) but definitely worth a watch especially if you like a good dystopia/futuristic genre. 

I've been hearing quite a bit of praise for this series. Might have to check it out afterall ^-^

AthenaTheStorierX:

Welcome to the party! We're glad to have you here with us! ^-^ Please don't hesitate to talk to any of us here, and explore some of the voting lists, rec lists, and recourses we have on the first page.

And very soon we'll be launching a Discord server as well! So stay tuned!

Yay 🎉🎉

GL series 'Blank' teaser is out.

MizMystixism:

well that was actually horrifying

im so mad we got this before 23.5... criminal

MizMystixism:

Not to be dramatic, but I couldn't finish watching this 😬😬😬[grimacing emojis]

zeesqueere:

Not to be dramatic, but I couldn't finish watching this 😬😬😬[grimacing emojis]

saw a cut on twitter and like... who tf thought this was a good idea? like this isnt just a bad series, it's a disservice to the sapphic community. no excuses

mermysteries:

saw a cut on twitter and like... who tf thought this was a good idea? like this isnt just a bad series, it's a disservice to the sapphic community. no excuses

I 100% agree with you - you word it perfectly! I thought I'd watch the teaser because I heard they'd changed it. I truly had hope it might come out of my Not Interested list but it's staying firmly there since it gives me the ick.

I'm curious about one thing though. Is Chao Planoy the writer companies will insist on adapting novels from despite controversy and pushback? Are there more of her novels which haven't been adapted yet? I think it's been expressed here before that it kinda feels like companies see GAP was a huge success and assume it's mainly because of the author, thus continuing to adapt her works.

nightnight:

I 100% agree with you - you word it perfectly! I thought I'd watch the teaser because I heard they'd changed it. I truly had hope it might come out of my Not Interested list but it's staying firmly there since it gives me the ick.

I'm curious about one thing though. Is Chao Planoy the writer companies will insist on adapting novels from despite controversy and pushback? Are there more of her novels which haven't been adapted yet? I think it's been expressed here before that it kinda feels like companies see GAP was a huge success and assume it's mainly because of the author, thus continuing to adapt her works.

it is actually in my No Fucking Way list, it's definitely also staying there.

and yes, Chao Planoy is the genius mind behind this trainwreck. she has many novels in line for adaptation besides Gap and Blank, including:

- Dream, by Idol Factory (already filming)

- Pluto, by GMMTV (filming soon)

- Apple, by Kongthup Production (announced last year, no updates)

- Mate, by Zense Entertainment (casting)

- Rhythm, by Workpoint Channel (casting, and this one seems to be the worst of all: a teacher x student relationship)

- Us (rumored)

- Irresistible (rumored)

I might even have forgotten some!

Like, as much as I love Gap, i really didn't want to support any more series written by this woman. Unfortunately she keeps getting new deals. I'm still interested in Pluto and Dream, but i would much prefer if the companies adapted different stories

nightnight:
I think it's been expressed here before that it kinda feels like companies see GAP was a huge success and assume it's mainly because of the author, thus continuing to adapt her works.

From my observation, I can see how companies/studios use a similar approach in producing BL series. Seeing that the GL fanbase is growing, I think they look more for quantity than quality. Even if they are not trying to replicate GAP success (which I think is hard), they see that adapting existing material, like Planoy's work would work to gain a comparable level of popularity. It's frustrating to think how companies/studios take concepts so nonchalantly as if we, the audience, are ignorant. Although the on-screen chemistry between actors plays a big factor, a poor concept/idea won't make the series better or bring it anywhere near recognition. 

mermysteries:
Like, as much as I love Gap, i really didn't want to support any more series written by this woman. Unfortunately she keeps getting new deals. I'm still interested in Pluto and Dream, but i would much prefer if the companies adapted different stories

I feel that some GL series would bomb if they continued to think people would watch them just because they're GL.

I'm not sure what this novel entails but just based on the cover...... I NEED IT ADAPTED INTO A DRAMA SERIES. I need some badass GLs like mafia GLs or just something morally grey action GLs with pew pew pew and guns. Because I'm certain that pretty sapphic women in that genre will just make everything even better :))

leea:

I'm not sure what this novel entails but just based on the cover...... I NEED IT ADAPTED INTO A DRAMA SERIES. I need some badass GLs like mafia GLs or just something morally grey action GLs with pew pew pew and guns. Because I'm certain that pretty sapphic women in that genre will just make everything even better :))

Ooooh. I want!

AthenaTheStorierX:

Ooooh. I want!

Have some more ^^Thai Yuri Novels

leea:

Pleaseee😩🫴

Also, unrelated but I just found this collage of all our upcoming Thai GL series which honestly just makes me so happy!

I also have a list with all of them on it if any of y'all don't already have them all on your Plan to Watch list

leea:

Also, unrelated but I just found this collage of all our upcoming Thai GL series which honestly just makes me so happy!

I also have a list with all of them on it if any of y'all don't already have them all on your Plan to Watch list

OMG NICE!!! i would just replace Blank with I'm Your Moon, then it would be perfect!!!