AthenaTheStorierX:
Don't forget to keep these circulating and updating! We'll announce new winners periodically (put in your input: once or twice a year?)

Favorite Sapphic Support Couple
Favorite Sapphic Main Couple (Drama Edition)
Favorite Sapphic Main Couple (Movie Edition)
Favorite Sapphic Main Character
Favorite Sapphic Support Character
Favorite Sapphic Headcanons
Most Anticipated Upcoming Sapphic Stories

Hello lovelies! In just a couple of weeks, I will be announcing the next batch of results from the ongoing voting lists! Make sure to update your votes (which titles and which order) by May 1st!

Check out last year's results here, and as always, the voting lists can be found here

(And feel free to discuss your votes in here as well. We're not just about the upcoming GLs, tell us about your fav previously released ones too!)

AthenaTheStorierX:

Hello lovelies! In just a couple of weeks, I will be announcing the next batch of results from the ongoing voting lists! Make sure to update your votes (which titles and which order) by May 1st!

Check out last year's results here, and as always, the voting lists can be found here

(And feel free to discuss your votes in here as well. We're not just about the upcoming GLs, tell us about your fav previously released ones too!)

just updated my votes!! cant believe it's already been a year since the first results!

mermysteries:

I came across this graphic of chao planoy novels on twitter... Apparently, not only are they adapting Dream, Pluto, Apple, Mate, Us, Irresistible and Rhythm, but also Affair, Rolling in Love and Apo & Bo... we will only be free from this women once she runs out of novels apparently i cant do this anymore (i still have some slight hope that this is mistaken)

This is like a blessing and a curse at the same time. It's a blessing that we will continue to have GL series without having to face a longer drought, but it's a total curse that it's Planoy's novels. 

I think, even though many viewers are aware of Planoy's novels (and how problematic the theme of her books actually is), most of them watch because of the actors and their scenes together, not really because of the storyline. The studio/company sees the demand, but it seems like some of them don't care much about the story as long as it's GL. So we will get Planoy's books on screen, no matter how much we hate her work.

mermysteries:

I came across this graphic of chao planoy novels on twitter... Apparently, not only are they adapting Dream, Pluto, Apple, Mate, Us, Irresistible and Rhythm, but also Affair, Rolling in Love and Apo & Bo... we will only be free from this women once she runs out of novels apparently i cant do this anymore (i still have some slight hope that this is mistaken)

Sighs, I'm literally speechless. I think that's nearly everything she's released so far...I really wish that studios would start giving other authors and original stories a chance too as much as they give Planoy's novels...so that there is some variety in the genre.

Soljiwan:

Sighs, I'm literally speechless. I think that's nearly everything she's released so far...I really wish that studios would start giving other authors and original stories a chance too as much as they give Planoy's novels...so that there is some variety in the genre.

Hopefully once The Secret of Us and Sunshine in the Wind (which are both original scripts/stories), and then Reverse 4 You and The Loyal Pin (which are adapted from non-Planoy novels) are released there'll be more variety that just might wake production companies up to a whole "new" set of options 

Either way, the GL industry is starting to blossom which I'm so entirely grateful for!

MizMystixism:

This is like a blessing and a curse at the same time. It's a blessing that we will continue to have GL series without having to face a longer drought, but it's a total curse that it's Planoy's novels. 

I think, even though many viewers are aware of Planoy's novels (and how problematic the theme of her books actually is), most of them watch because of the actors and their scenes together, not really because of the storyline. The studio/company sees the demand, but it seems like some of them don't care much about the story as long as it's GL. So we will get Planoy's books on screen, no matter how much we hate her work.

absolutely, the studios are totally trying to hop on the gap train. but the author was never what made gap successful in the first place, the studios don't seem to realize that or (more likely), simply don't care

leea:

Hopefully once The Secret of Us and Sunshine in the Wind (which are both original scripts/stories), and then Reverse 4 You and The Loyal Pin (which are adapted from non-Planoy novels) are released there'll be more variety that just might wake production companies up to a whole "new" set of options 

Either way, the GL industry is starting to blossom which I'm so entirely grateful for!

The Secret of Us is actually based on a non-planoy novel! But for original scripts we also have The Last Case, Uranus 2324 and My Ex's Wedding, if we're including movies!

anyway i agree with your point, maybe with the success of these series companies will realize that we care about good acting and good stories!

mermysteries:
absolutely, the studios are totally trying to hop on the gap train. but the author was never what made gap successful in the first place, the studios don't seem to realize that or (more likely), simply don't care

Now that Blank is gaining millions of views and it catapults FayeYoko to stardom, just like Gap did to FreenBecky, I bet many more studios won't hesitate to hop on the train, expecting the same success regardless of how problematic the novel might be.

Oh right. I knew that! I was talking to someone a week or so ago about the Secret of Us novel lmao. Totally slipped my mind ahh. Thanks for the correction! 

MizMystixism:

Now that Blank is gaining millions of views and it catapults FayeYoko to stardom, just like Gap did to FreenBecky, I bet many more studios won't hesitate to hop on the train, expecting the same success regardless of how problematic the novel might be.

im still a bit pissed they chose specifically the borderline grooming novel. faye and yoko look so talented, but i just can't bring myself to watch that lol

leea:

Oh right. I knew that! I was talking to someone a week or so ago about the Secret of Us novel lmao. Totally slipped my mind ahh. Thanks for the correction! 

its okay! in my opinion, its a good thing that we have so many upcoming gls that it's becoming harder to keep track

Alice Balbo:

Just for my personal curiosity, I'd like to make a survey to Gl fandom. Like, what's your gender? country? Age?  Not to mind your business, Just to know this comunity better. I'll start: I'm an italian 18yo pansexual girl

usamerican 28yo genderqueer bisexual

mermysteries:

I am so sorry but that looks straight out of a horror movie

mermysteries:
im still a bit pissed they chose specifically the borderline grooming novel. faye and yoko look so talented, but i just can't bring myself to watch that lol

Girl, same. I only watched the first episode, but since the theme and everything about it didn't sit well with me from the beginning, I simply stopped. As much as I want to continue watch it because of Faye, I can't. I just can't. lol

mermysteries:
The Secret of Us is actually based on a non-planoy novel! But for original scripts we also have The Last Case, Uranus 2324 and My Ex's Wedding, if we're including movies!

Unlock Your Love is an original series too. And their company/team gain well-deserved recognition without having to rely on novel adaptations.  

zeesqueere:

usamerican 28yo genderqueer bisexual

nice to meet you <3

AthenaTheStorierX:

26 year old asexual biromantic from the US.

Oh I see we're already friends, however nice to meet you

mermysteries:

wait,I didn't watch Blank but... Are really the 2 girls both lovers and  Mon step-sisters?  And One of them Is even Sam sister?  So this means also Mon and Sam are relatives?