AthenaTheStorierX:

Yeee! Welcome!

Thank you thank you

AthenaTheStorierX:

It would depend on the title.

Some can be watchpartied through viki, teleparty, and rave.

Others can be screenshared through discord, zoom, etc

And then others we could stream separately at the same time, or watch during the week and chat asynchronously.

Yo i wasn't thinking group watches as in group watches but like we do our own thing and make sure we've got it watched by the end of the week. Like we set a collective goal and accomplish it by the end of the week. I've never done a group watch before though

I vote for watch during the week and chat asynchronously ;)

kardasx:

How would that hosting be done? Do people need to fly to some place or join some live chat or they would just in the same time watch a movie in their PCs and than talk about it here? 

What would you be comfortable with. I'm going w watch on pc and talk about it 

@mermy it's your post on time constraints and not being able to catch up w movies that really got me thinking (and since i already read on gr book clubs, i just shared the idea) :D I'm sure we all have busy schedules and this would help us get throus the long and short movies. 

I would love to see the actress in a gl. And omg the fashion sense is fire

Btw, new memebers please feel free to share your opinion on the group watch idea. Don't feel left out or smth!

chi-ha-nzhillazz:
Yo i wasn't thinking group watches as in group watches but like we do our own thing and make sure we've got it watched by the end of the week. Like we set a collective goal and accomplish it by the end of the week. I've never done a group watch before though

Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood.
Lol. Perhaps I'm doing too many watchparties - now I think that's what everyone means. XD

I'm totally down for the asynchronous watch and chat each week. 

For the sake of better conversation-keeping, members can volunteer to host a feed post on their profile dedicated for the film where we have can have an ongoing conversation through the week.

That link will be posted in this forum, as well as on a master list where we keep track of our watches.

*For those who want to participate in the chat, but don't feel comfortable commenting, y'all can message me what you want to comment and I can anonymize it.

I'll be posting the final fan voting list tomorrow, so in a few days after that, I can create 2 new ones for this where people can elect full-length and short films for these coordinated watches. And then we'll go from there. (I don't want to overwhelm some our members with too many lists at once).

Does all that sound cool? Any questions, concerns, suggestions?
Everyone in favor say 'aye'  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

What posting directly on your profile means for those active in the feeds side of MDL
  • Visible to friends and followers
  • Visible to people with the link to the post
  • Visible to people who visit that tab on your profile (depending on your privacy settings) 
  • NOT visible in group/global

Will the list be including only gl or any drama or movie not specific..?

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

i like that!! that way everyone can fit the movies into their own routines, while still creating hype for the movies!! im so in

AthenaTheStorierX:
I'll be posting the final fan voting list tomorrow, so in a few days after that, I can create 2 new ones for this where people can elect full-length and short films for these coordinated watches. And then we'll go from there. (I don't want to overwhelm some our members with too many lists at once).

i love how efficient you are!! lets gooooo

Summer2305:

i personally prefer to focus on gl, but if eventualy you all want to watch other genres, i'm down!!

mermysteries:
i personally prefer to focus on gl, but if eventualy you all want to watch other genres, i'm down!!

Yea, I think we should at least start with GLs. I can see us branching out if we keep it up for long enough, just because of the lack of GLs. Or maybe going outside the scope of MDL. Who knows. But let's focus on MDL GLs for the time being.

mermysteries:
i love how efficient you are!! lets gooooo

D'aww thankzzz

Everyone, guess what i brought!! 

Yes, NEW LOVE IN THE RAIN POSTER!! i cant pick my favorite anymore at this point

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

That would be the easiest for everyone. Creating watch party could be interesting too, but probably hard to plan it, because we all live in different timezones.

Summer2305:

I would prefer GLs. First from MDL countries and later maybe from others.

@Athena aye! :p just one thing, can we select the movies. Like each of us nominates something and we vote from the suggested list (of course we wouldn't vote for our own movies)

Today is a Sunday already, Athena can we do this already ⸜(ˆᗜˆ˵ )⸝ ?? What do y'all think, short film or a longer movie first?

Summer2305:

Let's do gl for now, if we enjoy it and want to watch other genres, we can make a separate thread for that too!

kardasx:

That would be the easiest for everyone. Creating watch party could be interesting too, but probably hard to plan it, because we all live in different timezones.

I would prefer GLs. First from MDL countries and later maybe from others. 

Ikr. My country and the us and that side of the world are very far apart

chi-ha-nzhillazz:

@Athena aye! :p just one thing, can we select the movies. Like each of us nominates something and we vote from the suggested list (of course we wouldn't vote for our own movies)

Today is a Sunday already, Athena can we do this already ⸜(ˆᗜˆ˵ )⸝ ?? What do y'all think, short film or a longer movie first?

Yep, that would be what the new voting lists would be. But good point about restricting the number of nominations.

Lol. Some of our members are not daily MDL users (and some have probably turned notifications off at this point), so we need to make sure that those lists have time to be seen. We’ll probably see about starting next weekend.

AthenaTheStorierX:

Yep, that would be what the new voting lists would be. But good point about restricting the number of nominations.

Lol. Some of our members are not daily MDL users (and some have probably turned notifications off at this point), so we need to make sure that those lists have time to be seen. We’ll probably see about starting next weekend.

Ya like me. I have just started to learn(am learning and it's bit confusing sometimes) :]