as for the geminifourth talk above, i'm just glad that they're not working them to death. 23.5 looks so good and doesn't need bl fans to prop it up, and my love mix-up was tailor-made for them! i haven't read the manga but i watched the japanese drama and i genuinely can't imagine anyone else in gmmtv or the thai bl industry as a whole playing aoki and ida better. 

plus maybe this time viewjune fans won't have to watch with one eye closed lol

mermysteries:

@Athena i cant quote your post on mobile lol but really, it's so funny how many of my school friends turned out to be queer. we flock together before we even know it ourselves!

But how do u find them ? I have an inkling about my classmates being queer but ig we never really trusted each other :'(

umm but dont you get a quote option to reply on others comments in mobile??

mermysteries:

Another GL was announced... but at what cost

Blank, by Chao Planoy (same author as GAP), will be adapted into a drama.

It follows Sam's older sister, Nueng, and her love story. However, she's 34 and her love interest is 18. I think that's where I draw the line folks... the one GL i will not be supporting.

No wait who is chosing these stories when there are so many masterpieces our there just wasting there potential?!

Matriception:

But how do u find them ? I have an inkling about my classmates being queer but ig we never really trusted each other :'(

No wait who is chosing these stories when there are so many masterpieces our there just wasting there potential?!

there is a quote option on mobile, but mdl is weird af and sometimes it doesn't work! it let me quote your comment now lol

well, everyone has their own timeline to come out, doesn't mean they don't trust you! i only came out once i finished high school, but i already had one out queer friend and i was dating a girl. i just needed some more time to talk about it and call myself a lesbian! and then later, some other friends also came out. it's a process.

one thing that really helped tho, was talking about queer media with my friends. i became obsessed with she-ra my senior year, even though i wasn't out yet. but i would constantly talk about that show, which was a slightly more subtle way to come out i guess? and also encourage the other friends to talk about their interests.

also, if you feel safe to do so, you can come out to them first. it creates a safe space for them to come out later, when they're ready. i know i feel super grateful for my friend who came out first!

and i honest to god have no idea why they keep chosing novels by this author specifically. i believe it's the 7th adaptation of their books that was announced (gap, dream, pluto, us, irresistible, apple, and now blank). im sure there are other authors lmao

Hehe mdl is weird after all, now it won't let me quote u your comment, but yeah I get the timeliness thing, I too took some time to normalize myself being queer and yes I think I just see some straight people knowing other queer people but I wished we did meet too :). Also the society is still a bit wary about queer people here so yeah that's why I was emphasizing on the trust thing. Maybe it's more of a luck thing too. 

Omg, I was obsessed with she ra at one point too and owl house was the one that really introduced me to wlw. And yes dropping hints through shows and stuff is a great way too to create a safe space :)

And ikr there are so many adaptations being announced but not much news has come about them so I am not really keeping my hopes high as some just get announced to be canceled.

mermysteries:
in future gls, i wouldn't mind bl side couples. i think it's realistic that queer people have other queer friends, of course.

In future GLs I would not mind any side couple, even straight one, but now the more GL couples the better. :)

mermysteries:
Blank, by Chao Planoy (same author as GAP), will be adapted into a drama.

It follows Sam's older sister, Nueng,

I would rather see Tee's and Yuki's story. Nueng's one will be full of evil grandma again. :/

Matriception:

Coming out isnt necessarily about trust. For one, do they themselves even know? I didn't piece together that I was Asexual Biromantic until into my 20s. (It took that long for me to find the asexual label, and then after that everything else made sense enough for me to feel at home in my sexual and romantic identities). For two, do they feel comfortable coming out? Do they think coming out might change things, or start a chain reaction of change? Not to mention, in risky environments, it's hard to come out even to individuals you trust. Besides, coming out is also about them. It's a personal journey first.

Matriception:

You can't quote isolated sections on mobile. And you can't quote long posts in full.

mermysteries:
one thing that really helped tho, was talking about queer media with my friends. i became obsessed with she-ra my senior year, even though i wasn't out yet. but i would constantly talk about that show, which was a slightly more subtle way to come out i guess? and also encourage the other friends to talk about their interests.

Yes, Queer media and queer characters are a great way to kind of feel around and suggest that you're a safe space to come out to if/when they choose to. 

mermysteries:
and i honest to god have no idea why they keep chosing novels by this author specifically.

Because GAP was a hit. So her name ("from the writer of GAP") has hyping and funding power. That simple.
Us, Irristeable, and Apple haven't been confirmed yet though, right? They were in talks. So it's possible that talks about those turned into talks about Pluto and Blank.

kardasx:
I would rather see Tee's and Yuki's story. Nueng's one will be full of evil grandma again. :/

T_T 

zeesqueere:

as for the geminifourth talk above, i'm just glad that they're not working them to death. 23.5 looks so good and doesn't need bl fans to prop it up, and my love mix-up was tailor-made for them! i haven't read the manga but i watched the japanese drama and i genuinely can't imagine anyone else in gmmtv or the thai bl industry as a whole playing aoki and ida better. 

plus maybe this time viewjune fans won't have to watch with one eye closed lol

i just finished the japanese drama and loved it a lot, i was smiling ear to ear by the end! might check out the thai version when it comes out

mermysteries:

i just finished the japanese drama and loved it a lot, i was smiling ear to ear by the end! might check out the thai version when it comes out

For anyone who hasn't watched My Love Mix-Up! I guarantee that both versions will be very smile inducing. I can't wait to see where they take the thai version! Hopefully we'll be getting it soon (and after 23.5)

leea:

For anyone who hasn't watched My Love Mix-Up! I guarantee that both versions will be very smile inducing. I can't wait to see where they take the thai version! Hopefully we'll be getting it soon (and after 23.5)

agreed! i miss milk and love both so much

Matriception:
Also the society is still a bit wary about queer people here so yeah that's why I was emphasizing on the trust thing. Maybe it's more of a luck thing too. 

don't worry, the right friends always come at the right time!! it's sad that society is still so prejudiced, it's the same here in brasil. but i genuinely believe it's slowly getting better. we'll all be okay :D

kardasx:
In future GLs I would not mind any side couple, even straight one, but now the more GL couples the better. :)

Agreed!!

kardasx:

i would die to see tee and yuki again, honestly. and i really liked nueng's character tbh, my problem is the love interest being so young. and god fuck that grandma, i never hated a character as much as her, damn! 

AthenaTheStorierX:
Because GAP was a hit. So her name (from the writer of GAP) has hyping and funding power. That simple.
Us, Irristeable, and Apple haven't been confirmed yet though, right? They were in talks. So it's possible that talks about those turned into talks about Pluto and Blank.

i pray for the day when companies realize gap wasnt a success because of the author, we just want good sapphic stories with good actors...

i do think apple was kind of confirmed. Kongthup Production acquired the rights. havent heard any news about us or irresistible though

leea:

such a feel good show!! i watched a few japanese dramas i really enjoyed lately, actually. hope we get to see more gls from japan as well!

and 23.5 has to be the very first show of 2024, after everything we've been through. i still can't get over that fact that gmm's 2023 theme was "diversely yours", and yet they couldnt air their only gl show in time! atrocious, really

Matriception:
Omg, I was obsessed with she ra at one point too and owl house was the one that really introduced me to wlw.

These were the shows that introduced you to wlw media?! WOW I feel ancient. Don't get me wrong, I love those shows, especially she-ra, i just feel like a grandma.

mermysteries:
and 23.5 has to be the very first show of 2024, after everything we've been through. i still can't get over that fact that gmm's 2023 theme was "diversely yours", and yet they couldnt air their only gl show in time! atrocious, really

this reminds me of the anthology drama called "Good Old Days" having a story called "Love Wins" and it being about a STRAIGHT couple where the lesbian couple are background characters and barely get any screentime!

glowinggayalien:
These were the shows that introduced you to wlw media?! WOW I feel ancient. Don't get me wrong, I love those shows, especially she-ra, i just feel like a grandma.

mermysteries:

Me over here thinking about Xena and Lost Girl....

glowinggayalien:

this reminds me of the anthology drama called "Good Old Days" having a story called "Love Wins" and it being about a STRAIGHT couple where the lesbian couple are background characters and barely get any screentime!

LMAO this made me laugh, sorry. she-ra was the first one that i was completely obsessed with, i was 18. i think the very first wlw show i watched was pretty little liars (though the sapphics are not the focus, and it's not very good). one that i still think is great is sense8, i was definitely too young to be watching that (like 15) but it's amazing!

and yes, that sounds just like something gmm would do...

AthenaTheStorierX:

Me over here thinking about Xena and Lost Girl....

i actually never watched those!! it's interesting though, we all started from such different places, but ended up here, obsessing over gl. kinda poetic

mermysteries:
pretty little liars

Oooh, yes. I really liked them (and the show in general) when it first started. Sense8 was excellent all around. For Sense8 i was 17. 

mermysteries:
and yes, that sounds just like something gmm would do...

AthenaTheStorierX:

Frrr

mermysteries:
i actually never watched those!! it's interesting though, we all started from such different places, but ended up here, obsessing over gl. kinda poetic

I watched Xena back when i was a super youngin. I don't even know if I realized it was queer on a conscious level. I wound up dropping Lost Girl, but i did really love the romance - both the sapphic and het sides of the poly relationship.