lavenderxhaze:

Recently, we've been getting so many projects announced and I'm kind of curious what are you guys looking most forward to in gl ? I really want a fantasy historical series with main sapphic leads or maybe a series with sapphic lawyers would be cool. 

To add onto Athena's post: 

The Last Case is also an upcoming LGBTQ+ title with an attorney female lead, sapphic characters and a lesbian romance.

If I remember properly, one of the stories in Be Mine also includes a GL romance with a lawyer! 

mermysteries:
butch lesbians! there's a serious lack of them, which is criminal

This. I require support.

AthenaTheStorierX:
We actually have a voting list for exciting upcoming GLs and GL storylines: https://mydramalist.com/list/1Xzxdow3

i love this list, i probably go back to update my votes a lot more frequently than i should!

AthenaTheStorierX:
And we have an LGBTQ+ series which features a few lesbians/sapphic characters and lawyers (I'm not sure if the sapphics are lawyers though. Not enough information): https://mydramalist.com/733883-partner-in-crime

i'm pretty sure at least one character from The Last Case is a lawyer as well!! and man, there's been a minute since we got news from Partner in Crime... i hope we get something soon

AthenaTheStorierX:
I'm really looking forward to the extra-long season of "She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat": https://mydramalist.com/753989-tsukuritai-onna-to-tabetai-onna-season-2

IT WILL BE SO CUTE!! i really hope japan produces more gls.

AthenaTheStorierX:
This. I require support.

PLEASE!! give me a loser butch falling for a hot femme and i will die happy

AthenaTheStorierX:
Mhm. I'll pretend to believe you.

thank you! i get to keep at least a little bit of the dignity i have left

nightnight:
their eyes?????  Namtan's expression here is just incredible and I'm so looking forward to seeing them here because I feel like they'll both shine!

exactly Namtan is ACTING here. how can she express so much in just a still??

nightnight:
NO YOU WEREN'T

ah yo, not so loud. i'm trying to cultivate a new image in this club

ZhouYanRan:
I totally have a thing for cute girls with glasses.

totally unrelated but i have an astigmatism. my prescription is so strong i have to get my lenses thinned or else they'd look crazy but that's entirely off topic sorry

lavenderxhaze:
Recently, we've been getting so many projects announced and I'm kind of curious what are you guys looking most forward to in gl ? I really want a fantasy historical series with main sapphic leads or maybe a series with sapphic lawyers would be cool.

i need the thai gl industry to do whatever those gay ass chinese commercials are doing. I need me some uncensored gay cultivator type series. Like Legend of Yunze, Nv Er Hong, or even something that isn't as magic heavy but still has that same vibe like Led Astray by Love.

mermysteries:
THEYRE REALLY DELIVERING EVERYTHING IN THE FANSERVICE DEPARTMENT!!! I LOVE IT

also there's just something about sapphics in bathtubs... gets me every time

no because out of the 34 hundred projects NamtanFilm going to be in you can so clearly tell that their favorite is Pluto. they're giving us everything

i think one of the coolest parts of being here while gl as a genre is being created is seeing trope start to pop up. its so fun to see what becomes a trope in real time. 

glowinggayalien:
i need the thai gl industry to do whatever those gay ass chinese commercials are doing. I need me some uncensored gay cultivator type series. Like Legend of Yunze, Nv Er Hong, or even something that isn't as magic heavy but still has that same vibe like Led Astray by Love.

YAS. 1000% YES.

glowinggayalien:
i think one of the coolest parts of being here while gl as a genre is being created is seeing trope start to pop up. its so fun to see what becomes a trope in real time. 

I am a full supporter of the "take care of her on her period" trope that's popping up in the stead of "take care of his injury" or "take care of him while sick." 

the scariest part about Namtan and Film's chemistry in the Pluto trailer is that they haven't even done the workshops yet!!! they're so powerful already imagine how electric their chemistry is going to be after that. 

i have to start mentally preparing myself now, i fear

@mermysteries I agree, we definitely need more diverse tropes in gls still, like I did want to see a bit older couples already in a relationship navigating through life and stuff  and more supernatural plots like time travel , body swaps perhaps. I actually like the body swap plots because the characters truly see each others perspective.

I would love some dark comedy as well and more of the university set gls. 

Also I would like to see butch characters and just women  who are masc representing and this might be unpopular opinion but i want to see more butch and butch pairing ! 

and just more enemies to lovers tropes pls :)

Also Happy Diwali to anyone who celebrates !

Matriception:
older couples already in a relationship navigating through life and stuff

This is even pretty hard to find in BL, so it might be a while before we get that in GL dramas. But 100% I love these stories.

Matriception:
supernatural plots like time travel , body swaps

Matriception:
more enemies to lovers tropes

We appear to be opposites on these matters lol.

Matriception:
like to see butch characters and just women  who are masc representing and this might be unpopular opinion but i want to see more butch and butch pairing

Definitely agree on these points. I love my masc women. 

I would also love to see some darker GLs. Assassins. Vampires (I prefer a vampire GL over BL). Etc.

AthenaTheStorierX:

This is even pretty hard to find in BL, so it might be a while before we get that in GL dramas. But 100% I love these stories.

We appear to be opposites on these matters lol.

Definitely agree on these points. I love my masc women. 

I would also love to see some darker GLs. Assassins. Vampires (I prefer a vampire GL over BL). Etc.

Then what tropes do you like, I like dramedies a lot but apparently hate drama irl . Umm do you like lovers to enemies then :p.

Matriception:
Then what tropes do you like, I like dramedies a lot but apparently hate drama irl . Umm do you like lovers to enemies then :p.

Actually, lovers to enemies can be fun if done right (just like enemies to lovers). But I'm a friends-to-lovers girlie.

I'm not really a fan of body swapping or time travel because i spend 3/4ths of it cringing and facepalming at the stupid stuff they do.

Matriception:

Jumping in here, I would love drama irl if I knew i'd eventually get a "we ran into each other in the rain and kissed because the atmosPhEre was romantic enough to blow out all the bs we did to each other" 

But irl we don't get second chances usually so I hate drama irl too

As for butch/butch, I find the idea so hot but ive read just one book like that and as for visual media, none... Do you have recs?

Ok just searched but lovers to enemies might not be a real trope but it will be interesting to see it.I agree  that the supernatural genre hasn't been done right  with romance in it mostly but in theory it feels like a nice way to introduce character development.

@chiha I guess what drama  in gls means to me  is basically going past the characters stereotypical image and understanding  them at a depth through various "dramatic" scenarios and the characters getting closer through that, dunno if it makes sense but I feel the drama we are talking about is different? 

I need recs for butch /butch too  and if you are interested in reading a comic(it makes it kinda visual ig) you can check out a refreshing summer(gl) on webtoons (caution - it's so cute and funny that you might end up wanting more but it's really short )

Thank you @mermysteries for exhaustive answer :)
@AthenaTheStorierX Yes! Take care of her during her period would be such a dope trope. Cuddling with a hot-water bottle instead of sponge baths is what I long to see.
I'm actually glad that BL dramas paved the way for GL, that way we may be able to avoid some of the tropes I don't want to ever see again [can you imagine "I don't like girls, I only like her"? - that would be horrible]. I know some people are already tired with high school/university/engineering set-up in BLs, but I would totally watch it in GL. I'd watch anything in GL, let's be honest. Fantasy, sci-fi, horror, slice of life, fluff, smut - I'll take anything :)