I am looking for new Nirvana in Fire fans to make friends with and talk to. Don't be shy, I am friendly :)

Me me me me Meeeee...!!! 

Hello there... 

Czakhareina:

Me me me me Meeeee...!!! 

Hello there... 

Yesss, someone replied to me! Lol, hi! I just joined here today :D How long have you been a fan of the show? For me, I recently finished the whole show of both seasons in May this year and I miss it sooo much.

Anyone that is a fan of Nirvana in Fire (especially both parts) is fine in my books.

Welcome!

Jay:

Anyone that is a fan of Nirvana in Fire (especially both parts) is fine in my books.

Welcome!

(internally screaming) I never thought I would get another reply hahahaha. Thank you :") Yes, I loved both seasons but tbh, I liked the first season a lot more because I enjoyed the personalities of the main cast more. Lin Shu and his interactions with the rest of the cast really made the season a lot more dynamic to me. To add on to that, Lin Shu and Jingyan's story with each other still makes me want to cry tbh. The second season was definitely a tearjerker too ugh I just love NIF so much.

Jingyan's rise with Lin Shu's assistance was  definitely a beautiful thing to watch. There are so many great characters spread out through both dramas, it would be impossible to make a top 5 for me. It would be cool if they made a third one but centered it on a female lead or have have the female characters front and center.

Jay:

Jingyan's rise with Lin Shu's assistance was  definitely a beautiful thing to watch. There are so many great characters spread out through both dramas, it would be impossible to make a top 5 for me. It would be cool if they made a third one but centered it on a female lead or have have the female characters front and center.

YESSSS, I have been wanting a third season with the female lead too. It would be nice if the female lead could have a romance with another female lead instead of a male? I need some more LGBT representation in dramas tbqh lol. 

I definitely agree with you on great characters in both seasons. I would have to say Pingjing had the best character development in the second season though. He went from being immature to really such a more well-defined dignified character and obviously less immature. Watching him evolve was definitely beautiful for me T_T My favorite characters in no particular order of favorites in season 1 would be Lin Shu, Jingrui, Li Chen, Nihuang, Jingyan, and Fei Liu. For second season, it is a supporting character who literally had less than like an hour's screen time total lmaooo. Idk if you remember her, but it was Zhonghua. :'D You can always google her. She was so badass for me. Then Lin Xi, and the Pingzhang and Pingjing brothers. Yeah, they are all such amazing characters, I could really give a whole essay on why I love each of them. 

I am sorry this reply got pretty long, this is what happens when I am talking about NIF.

Yeah, I know there are a lot of BL dramas but I'm not familiar with too many featuring lesbian romance. I'm all for it!

Yes, Ping Jing would definitely make it onto my list of favorite characters. Props to Liu Hao Ran for selling that character, he was tasked with shouldering the load of that drama at such a young age but he did the role justice in my opinion. You know what, I didn't remember the character by her name but when you said she had a supporting role and that she was badass I immediately thought of her and I definitely agree! She had this presence about her that commanded your attention. I was kind of disappointed she didn't have a larger part to play. But one of the great things about NIF 1 and 2 for me is that no matter how big or small the part they have in the drama, all of them make an impression on you in my opinion. I really liked Yue Yinchuan and Tan Heng, even though they figure into the later part of the drama, I loved their characters as well. No need to be sorry, I love the enthusiasm and share your sentiments!

Hm, MDL won't let me quote your post since it's "too long"... So I'll have no choice but to reply this way. I hope you still get the notification of my reply haha. (Thanks for the friend request btw! :D)

Oh yes, Liu Hao Ran was definitely an amazing actor in the drama considering how young he was... he's really so talented! No other actor would have suited the role of Pingjing other than him imo, so you're right about him doing the character justice.  Yeah, the way the show makes even the smallest supporting role be able to shine so much and leave an impact on you really what makes the show unique... not every show can do that. Yinchuan and his sidekick were definitely so enjoyable to watch. Yinchuan and his sidekick played such an important role in the show, really, god bless them lmao.

Also, just in my opinion, but I think Yuanqi was such an amazing villain... His whole backstory and his development through the series really was a banger for the season. He was one of the reasons that made the second season so good imo. I got to admit, he was annoying to me at first, but later on, he really was an amazing villain to me. That's what I liked, his development changed my impression of him, where I got to understand why he did what he did because of his tragic backstory, and I felt pity and sad for him at the end really. Sorry if you didn't like him, but for me, he was a good villain haha.

Omg, thank you so much, you're so nice. I'm glad you share the same enthusiasm as me about the show as well :") My name is Lin btw, nice to meet you!

I think Yuanqi is a great villain as well! I made this point elsewhere but if you think about him at the beginning of the drama and how he risked his own life to shelter those 4 doctors and how shaken up he was when he killed someone for the first time then contrast that with where he was at the end of the drama in terms of what he did to get there, it was a complete 180 and definitely tragic. Obviously, it cant justify all those things he did but I felt for him because of how often he was overlooked, overshadowed and underestimated. 

Nice to meet you Lin! My name is Jay. So we both go by three lettered names and make long posts because of our love for all things Nirvana in Fire, this is the start of a good friendship :-)

Jay:

I think Yuanqi is a great villain as well! I made this point elsewhere but if you think about him at the beginning of the drama and how he risked his own life to shelter those 4 doctors and how shaken up he was when he killed someone for the first time then contrast that with where he was at the end of the drama in terms of what he did to get there, it was a complete 180 and definitely tragic. Obviously, it cant justify all those things he did but I felt for him because of how often he was overlooked, overshadowed and underestimated. 

Nice to meet you Lin! My name is Jay. So we both go by three lettered names and make long posts because of our love for all things Nirvana in Fire, this is the start of a good friendship :-)

You did? Omg, I would love to read it, do you still have the link? Lol :'D Man, I totally agree with all you said about Yuanqi. He risked so much to get to where he was because he didn't want to end up like Pingzhang, who he considered a role model. You can see how he hesitated at first to collaborate with Puyang Ying because he still cherished his friendship with Pingzhang and Pingjing. Then, considering his past with his family all dying in such horrible ways, he wanted to get revenge on them and also make a name for himself because of what happened to his father dying by the emperor's hands and he couldn't stand to beneath the emperor because of that. He also wanted to make his manor superior from all it had to endure, to show that it's not a manor to be trampled on. At the end, I really felt where his ambition and passion was coming from, I really couldn't fully hate him for all his actions in the past. He's like the Sasuke of Naruto but drama version to me... lmao. I love Sasuke too, sorry if you don't like him as well hahaha.

Nice to meet you too, Jay! Lol yes, we are definitely going to get along well based on those similarities, my new pengyou :-) Is it ok if you reveal your age to me also? I'm 19 hahahaha. I'm going to guess you're older than me... lol. Also don't hesitate to reply long to me, I'll just reply to you by non-quoting haha.

If you go to the NIF2 drama page, I made a post with some of my thoughts on the ending. It was made 3 month ago (and still has no likes, not a shameless plug for you to like my post btw...>_>)

I also have a little review you can find on my page.

You made a lot of great points about yuanqi which is why I think he such is a compelling villain but im afraid the naruto reference is lost on me. Finally something we dont see eye to eye on but I hope to get into anime one day!

Well I can tell you that im in my late 20s so that would make you a meimei to me if you dont mind that. Just curious, what made you assume I was older lol.

Jay:

If you go to the NIF2 drama page, I made a post with some of my thoughts on the ending. It was made 3 month ago (and still has no likes, not a shameless plug for you to like my post btw...>_>)

I also have a little review you can find on my page.

You made a lot of great points about yuanqi which is why I think he such is a compelling villain but im afraid the naruto reference is lost on me. Finally something we dont see eye to eye on but I hope to get into anime one day!

Well I can tell you that im in my late 20s so that would make you a meimei to me if you dont mind that. Just curious, what made you assume I was older lol.

It actually has one like so far, but I just liked it so now it has 2 likes LOL. That ending sentence you put at the end of your review... I see you love to make puns. We are seriously going to get along well lol. You made so many good points too, and your opinion of liking Pingjing more than Mei Changsu for a main character is definitely understandable for me, I sometimes really related to Pingjing's desire to just wanting to live a carefree life with no worries... oh yes, I could definitely relate since i am a college student suffering OTL 

Wooow, SERIOUSLY? I definitely thought almost everyone would have known Naruto, since it's such a popular anime but it's ok you don't get it haha.

How come my gut feeling about you being in your 20s came true? (laughing emoji) WHY isn't there any emojis that is in the text box for you to use on this website... lmao. It's definitely ok for you to refer to me as a meimei haha. Oh, really, it's the way you replied to my posts, you came off as really mature LOOOL