ShotaSidePart:

I've changed my major so many times -_- currently its international business. I needed a humanties so I'm taking architecture. Thinking about switching majors again tho... but I'm scared to tell my parents lol

If you're changing majors again, try to go to your program's meet and greets with potential employers. If you're not in your final year, try to land a summer internship/job roughly in your field with one of those employers.

I think people overestimate the importance of their major and underestimate the need to network while still in school. I made that mistake despite having very practical majors (Economics, Accounting) and it took me a while to land a job after school.

Knavery- has anyone told you how awesome you are? Cause its true- you are!

Yea this is my final year so changing seems kinda pointless but I only chose business because I didn't know what to major in and it sounded practical. I will definitely be taking your advise and doing some more research as well

ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!!!

tbh idk what im even doing w/ my life, bc all my friends r on vacay and im constantly locked up LMAO,,

i really want to learn chinese but i dont have any motivation, because it looks/ sounds complicated af. I wish i could learn it at school or sth, but we only got the basic languages (french, spanish, german & so)

ShotaSidePart:

Knavery- has anyone told you how awesome you are? Cause its true- you are!

Yea this is my final year so changing seems kinda pointless but I only chose business because I didn't know what to major in and it sounded practical. I will definitely be taking your advise and doing some more research as well

ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!!!

It's all about networking at least when I was in school a few years ago.

Use your school's career's website, apply to any job you think is related. Your school also probably has advisers who can help you perfect your resume, practice your interview skills and help you write cover letters. 

Your school will probably have an events calendar. Go to every possible event related to your major (if you're staying the same or switching). 

Ideally you would want to do this with 1-2 years left of school but better late than never... go to those events, chat people up. Ask about them, talk a bit about yourself.

A business degree isn't a key to landing a job. It certainly helps if you have finance or accounting specialty but you will still need to put in that work networking regardless of your field.

Hell, you could ask a department you're interested in if you could attend some of their events before you decide on leaving business. Colleges & Universities are usually pretty open to letting anyone attend events. You could show up and ask some employees of companies "how do you find architecture?" or whatever the field is. 

edith:

tbh idk what im even doing w/ my life, bc all my friends r on vacay and im constantly locked up LMAO,,

i really want to learn chinese but i dont have any motivation, because it looks/ sounds complicated af. I wish i could learn it at school or sth, but we only got the basic languages (french, spanish, german & so)

I never bothered but if I recall right my University had something called the Confucius Institute. Does your school maybe have one of those? If I remember right it's some Chinese government sponsored school to encourage learning of mandarin Chinese.

You could even look into other universities if you live in a big city. I'm sure one will have a Confucius Institute.

There are two major downsides: It does cost a little bit of money (more if you aren't affiliated with the University where the Institute is based) and I don't think you get college/university credits for it. 

But you would learn Chinese and ideally be able to take language certification tests.

eh no not really, since im from a really small country(the universities aren’t really like “big”, so most people go study abroad anyways) and im still in highschool ;-; but anyhow , thanks for the information , ill definitely look into it further :) 

edit: turns out there is a confucius institute !! i’ll definitely  keep that in mind  for the future, incase i decide to study languages :D suddenly got a lot of motivation :,)

ShotaSidePart:

I've changed my major so many times -_- currently its international business. I needed a humanties so I'm taking architecture. Thinking about switching majors again tho... but I'm scared to tell my parents lol

Lol omg! same I'm still exploring!

edith:

I won''t lie..  it is difficult to learn Chinese as a second language if you did not grow up as a kid taking chinese classes. BUT if you dedicate your time to it, there will definitely be progress!!

is the toughest part the pronnounication & writing, or the grammar itself? 

edith:

is the toughest part the pronnounication & writing, or the grammar itself? 

Well I would say all of it. Chinese does not have an alphabet. It's not like english where you can sound out words based on each letter. With Chinese it's based on memorization. For example, you are told that this  this word: 狗 is pronounced Gou3. There's no alphabet to help you remember how it's pronounced. Writing is also a bit complex when you get to the higher levels. When you are in the beginner levels, it'll be easy until you get to characters with more strokes. Grammer is also different from the regular English grammer when it involves complex sentences, so that itself you also need to memorize.