I'm 41. Kpop isn't my thing at all, but then again, any pop isn't my thing and has never been, so age has nothing to do with it. I've been into rock since my teens, and into international rock (US, Scandinavian, Jrock, anything) for a good 10 years. 

I've been into Animes since I'm a pre-teen, never stopped loving it.

I've been into Mangas since my 20's, never stopped loving it.

I've been into Asian dramas only recently, and not ready to stop.

I'm certain I would have been "into" many things if they had been readily available earlier. No way would I have been able to read mangas 30 years ago for example, as they just weren't being exported! The internet has allowed lots of international culture to be spread around the world and made people discover new, interesting things. I think this young generation is very lucky for that.

I also do believe that the Asian wave that's flooding the world right now with kpop/dramas etc...to be aimed at younger audiences, but anyone with an open mind could fall hard for it too! It's just harder when you're older to share your passion with your friends because most of them have no idea what you're on about, or aren't interested. So I find myself talking and sharing the stuff with my 13 year-old son lol. At least, I'm less lonely, but he's too young to enjoy dramas yet, so it's just animes for now.

Also, when you're older, you tend to prefer dramas where the cast isn't too young: they need to be at least in their mid 20's for me to be interested: not that younger actors are bad, they're just harder for me to relate to.

Your own tastes will change as you get older: you may end up not liking so much the stuff you love now and turning towards shows you would never have considered before for example. You'll probably become more critical too, and your tastes less broad lol.

intimewithyou:

I don't think there has to be an age limit to liking something. No matter how much I age, I'll always be addicted to my manga, my anime, my asian dramas. It's just something that can't be stopped.

same! I only watch those anyways, I've no interest in American shows at all. I was a fan of anime since late 90s-early 2000s but am sort of in a slump since I watch k-dramas more now.

My only concern would be being too old to crush on younger actors anymore haha plus my favourite oppas will eventually be ahjussis one day xD

I have friends in their 40's who watch kdramas.   After I saw The Great Queen Seondook I was hooked on asian dramas.  I like Chinese Wuxia or fantasy dramas and others.

It's my favorite genre, has been since the first time I saw one.  I've been watching them for 5 years.

I don't listen to K-Pop but it's pretty good. I like to download OSTs from my favorite Asian dramas.
That's my favorite music even though I don't understand the words.

Do your thing!  Don't worry about what others think you should do. Learn that now. It took me too long to learn that. 

I'm 60, got into dramas and k-pop when my youngest daughter was taking Japanese in high school, back in 2012.  She started playing k-pop around the house all the time, and except for the language, it's not that different than anything else I listen to. We drive 6 hours from Columbus, Ohio, to Chicago to see concerts (B.A.P, VIXX, Block B, G-Dragon, BTS) when we can afford to go. Actually, this last time I went to see BTS without her, lol! I went with a co-worker who's half my age. :)

My daughter never really got into the dramas, because she was always multi-tasking and couldn't be bothered to watch subtitles. I found a local Korean school and take classes on Sunday afternoons to learn the language because I've come to love the sound of it.

It feels so good and inspiring reading all of your comments. Thank you for encouraging me to continue doing what i really like and enjoy!

I don't think that dramas and kpop have an age limit. It's just like any other tv series and music. Just do the things you enjoy and it's okay if you still like it after 10 years or if it really is a phase. People always think it is bad if it's just a phase, but actually even if it's just a phase it is something you enjoyed and were happy about no matter for how long it lasted. What's so bad about it maybe being a phase? Nothing. No one is ever too old to enjoy the things they like. 

I started to watch kdrama 2 years ago when I was 25, and did not know there are many young kids watching it. As for kpop, I have never liked it. Yet, I saw those teens at an event held at a university for introducing Korean culture. They are generally high school kids, but 1st or 2nd grade, not older. There were younger kids also like 12 or 13 years old. :D Someone asked me which grade I attend (people say I look younger than my age, but the environment must have led that kid to think I must have been younger since everybody else was). There I faced the reality. :D :D However, I think adults should watch kdrama more than kids. Kids should focus on studying. :P I am kidding, of course. I think every age group is free to do whatever they want and you are also still young. Don't be depressed. Keep watching kdrama. Even among those kids, I never thought I was in a wrong place. On the contrary, I enjoyed the event more.  I had conversation with one of them for a long time. It was fun.

I'm turning 40 soon and I  only got into all this cool stuff this year.  I blame Netflix and Spotify.  Netflix handed me a load of Kdramas on a plate, and Spotify made exploring Korean pop music possible.   I don't seem to be into the same bands as the names I see around - I quite like Bolbbalgan4 , Red Velvet, BlackPink and EXID - but my real super favorites right now are some indie bands - Dasutt, Bluepaprika, Fantastic Drugstore.  I love their vibe - I find the western indie bands all sound the same these days and it's totally boring (to me!)

My poor, beleagured husband - he's not really into the KDramas but there have been a few that he's also enjoyed - My Only Love Song, Bong Soon, and The Girl Who Sees Scents.   He hated Boys over Flowers so much I had to watch it when he wasn't around... I'm trying to find another one he'd be willing to watch with me.  He chuckled a bit during ep 1 of Pinocchio so I'm hoping that's another 'winner'.  Otherwise I don't know anybody who is into this stuff, too, which is why I joined this site! :)  

I don't think you ever get 'too old' for stuff you like.  That said, I am a giant kid at heart and don't tend to worry about what anybody else thinks about me.  :)