I'm 39 next January and I have a massive range of music - this stems from the fact that my late father used to collect records from all over the world so as a kid I was brought up listening to artists including Beatles, Queen and Yellow Magic Orchestra. 

One of my exes got me into Girls' Generation, one got me into Jolin Tsai and another got me into Urbandub (very cool Pinoy rock band). I believe that even if you don't understand the lyrics, that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the music - heck, I even have t.A.T.u in my collection and I can't understand a single word of Russian!

You're 19 and worrying if you're too old to enjoy k drama. and kpops? Short answer...NO...I'm 55 and LOVE them plus so many more genres including BL and kpop, and all kinds of music and art and all the enjoyable things in life...you're only too old if you're dead...

If anyone says you're too old to like dramas/kpop, tell them to mind their own business. If it's something you enjoy then don't worry about it. :) 

if everyone ONLY listened to music and dramas from their decade then life would be boring

I am 48 and I watch Asian dramas, international movies/dramas and listen to k-pop...I watch about 15 dramas at a time 

I love classic movies from the 1940's-1960's and my favorite actor actress are Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn who were my grandparents age 

My 17 year old son loves the Beatles, Queen and other bands from other decades

Don't worry about what other people think....Enjoy watching and listening to what you like 

I'm 19 too and i even have a page dedicated to kpop groups lol. You're never "too old" for something if it makes you happy.  Kpop is also a genre of music and kdramas are just like any other movie that you can watch on tv. So just enjoy what you love and don't worry.

K-pop or k-dramas are not a phase. If it were, you would have only been exploring both, either because it was different to what you were used to or because suddenly it became a trend.

I have been told the same but I am still listening to and watching k-pop and k-dramas and its been 10 years since I first got into it. If anything, you might find yourself also enjoying Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Taiwanese, Filipino dramas and movies :) If you enjoy it you enjoy it. Age shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I'm starting to feel that way sometimes too, when I first became a KPop fan I was sometimes the youngest and or in the middle on KPop related chats and so on. I'm 21 now and been a Korean culture addict for 10 years now and yeah it's mostly kids but I think it's just music and everyone likes what they like.

I grew into it when I got older >_<

I am 44  my daughter is 11 and she like bts,I like the kdrama.Here in the netherlands is k-drama upcoming.For me  it is for everyone and for all ages. Some i like and some not. 

I am 30 yo and 7 years into k-world and have never assumed myself to be too old for kpop or kdrama. My fond to it doesn't fade and I am glad that as time goes there  are more dramas and music we can experience.

Lol no worries. I'm a 20 year old straight dude that tears up while watching kdramas and listens to kpop (Literally just finished watching "My Mister" and man was I tearing up!) . Lol, if my friends ever found out they would never let it go. I'd get roasted for the rest of my life ????

At the end of the day, kdramas and kpop are escapism. They allow you to get immersed into a new world and feel emotions from characters you care about. It's better than 99% of the garbage entertainment that flows into the mainstream. 

tmrose55:

Let me see . Im 60( Old enough to be some here Grandfather) and just finished watching " Legend of the Blue sea".

Although there are certain stories I don't care for( Any story dealing with High school etc ) The day I grow too old to enjoy a Good story is the day I take a dirt nap.

As far as Kpop goes there some I like and some I don't . But one should keep an open mind and be willing to listen to deferent ideas and music as long as you are alive

LOL-- take a dirt nap. I love that.

Anyway, I'm 27 and still wear brightly colored cloths, have a deep passion for cute things, and adore the color pink.

Maybe one day I won't feel this way, but right now I do. 

Also I'm a mother. 

We can all be as complicated as we want to be. I can have a bajillion volumes of shoujo manga and still enjoy a glass of wine and Chopin. I can wear sparkly make up and also have little fine lines around my eyes. 

Be the person you want to be.

this is really heart-warming :') I always heard these kind of negative comments from people "are you really listening to Kpop?" or "Korean drama are so childish" and for a year or two I had to hide it but now I'm proud to say it that I watch Kdrama and love Kpop, two of my favorite things in the world!!
 i'm 27 and I've been watching for 6 years now!

No one is too old for Kpop/Kdrama. It's like saying an adult can't enjoy or listen to Disney music anymore. You listen to what ever you wish. I'm 20 and I always get people and family judging me because of how much I love BTS but honestly, I don't really care what they think.  xD

I don't think there has to be an age limit to liking something. No matter how much I age, I'll always be addicted to my manga, my anime, my asian dramas. It's just something that can't be stopped.