2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Poia:

watch a drama/movie that has been remade. 

what do you mean my remade,  what is the different between remade and remake. ? 

For example, can I use  this series? 

Cheewit Puer Kah Huajai Puer Tur (2017)

Chee Wit Puer Ka Huajai Puer Ter (1998) parent story

You can use that drama, but you would watch the 1998 version (since that is the drama that has been remade).

Hello :) 

I have a question about the requirements for short dramas, maybe I just don't know enough about dramas yet, but what is a short drama? Is it enough that each episode is 15 minutes or less or does the drama have to actually be short all together?

I'm asking because I'm currently watching this morning drama: https://mydramalist.com/10919-mare and am wondering whether or not it could qualify as a short drama, since the episodes are 15 min each. (I'll finish it even if it doesn't tho ^^)

Thank you

Silje Olsen:

Hello :) 

I have a question about the requirements for short dramas, maybe I just don't know enough about dramas yet, but what is a short drama? Is it enough that each episode is 15 minutes or less or does the drama have to actually be short all together?

I'm asking because I'm currently watching this morning drama: https://mydramalist.com/10919-mare and am wondering whether or not it could qualify as a short drama, since the episodes are 15 min each. (I'll finish it even if it doesn't tho ^^)

Thank you

Hi there,   Check these posts out where similar Q was asked earlier in this thread and answered.   

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/37179-2019-watch-challenge-discussion?pid=844895&page=1#p844895

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/37179-2019-watch-challenge-discussion?pid=844991&page=1#p844991

JoanneSmith:

Hi there,   Check these posts out where similar Q was asked earlier in this thread and answered.   

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/37179-2019-watch-challenge-discussion?pid=844895&page=1#p844895

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/general-discussion/37179-2019-watch-challenge-discussion?pid=844991&page=1#p844991

Yes, thank you, I read that beforehand but I'm still confused. ^^" The drama I'm watching has over 100 episodes, that's why I asked if it still qualified, since it still fits the requirement of each episode being 15 minutes.

Silje Olsen:

Yes, thank you, I read that beforehand but I'm still confused. ^^" The drama I'm watching has over 100 episodes, that's why I asked if it still qualified, since it still fits the requirement of each episode being 15 minutes.

Yikes, I hear ya.   Definitely one for @hessa to make a statement on.   

Silje Olsen:

If it helps, I can see that there's at least one other person watching an asadora for that category already.  

zeamays:

If it helps, I can see that there's at least one other person watching an asadora for that category already.  

Ah, thank you for your help. :)

Since no episode number was specified, I thought it was worth asking first before adding anything.

I'm not sure if anyone asked yet, but do short dramas count as a regular drama in all categories? Like 10 or 15 minutes episode length? Thanks

zeamays:

Someone deleted a sign-up post.  It must have been close the the beginning because I'm on page 4 and it affected me (and therefore will affect at least everyone downstream of page 4).  So if you're a person who plans ahead what to watch, check to make sure your challenge categories for who is above and below you or on the same page are still correct (although I'm sure if you already finished the category and put an explanatory note that it was correct before things moved, it's completely fine).  I just had a moment of total confusion though, lol.

Gah, it happened again!  And now I'm on a different page than I started out on.  Hmm.  I haven't done the "watch a highly rated drama/movie from the list of someone else on your page" thingy yet, but I had a list of possibilities that I guess now aren't possibilities anymore, lol.

Anyway, PSA for everyone downstream of page 3 that you might not be on the same page you were on ;)

( ) Watch a drama/movie that has been remade.

Regarding the above, does this mean we should watch the remake of the original or the original drama/movie that was remade??

PrettyCarEye:

( ) Watch a drama/movie that has been remade.

Regarding the above, does this mean we should watch the remake of the original or the original drama/movie that was remade?? 

Watch the original.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my ignorance in case I'm doing things wrong and posting this here if it's not the right place to do so. But, I had an idea for a challenge - nothing that hasn't been done before most probably -, but it's something I can't manage if I try to implement on my own, so I thought maybe the DWC could put into practice (?).

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Hylia:

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my ignorance in case I'm doing things wrong and posting this here if it's not the right place to do so. But, I had an idea for a challenge - nothing that hasn't been done before most probably -, but it's something I can't manage if I try to implement on my own, so I thought maybe the DWC could put into practice (?).

Maybe post your idea or PM me and we can make it next year's challenge.

Hessa:

Maybe post your idea or PM me and we can make it next year's challenge.

I'll PM you, then.

Thank you.

Hylia:

I'll PM you, then.

Thank you.

Hylia, you haven't updated your challenge sheet in a long time. I know because yours is right above mine ... lol

Certain challenge questions require that we take suggestions from other challengers, and I always come across your empty sheet whenever I browse through the thread. Get a movie on it, girly! :-)