Japanese cabbage rolls and a simple cucumber and tomato salad with a drizzle of olive oil and garlic. By the way I used up some old garlic by pounding it in a mortar and pestle and mixing it with olive oil and Italian seasoning  let it sit for a few days, and the flavor was amazing. If you have old garlic, try it! 

Beans are easy to grow in pots as well if you have a sunny window. I started mine from store bought runner beans, just enough for adding to a salad.

chunyu Volunteer Staff

Takeaway Chinese. :') Spicy sweet and sour beef.

Stir fried shrimp and veggies with pasta. 

Lentil soup and bruschetta

Shakshuka. First time to try and loved it

Gyoza and miso soup. I am having a Midnight Diner moment, lol.

Chicken fried rice. Yesterday was a full set meal with lots of leftover rice and vegetables.

Home-made penne a la Bolognese

chunyu Volunteer Staff

I got a food "rescue bag" (things that a restaurant would toss in the bin at the end of the day, so you get a "surprise bag" for a fraction of the original price) that had a dragoon mayo and avocado baguette,  a greek salad, and a hummus and quinoa bowl. :)

Ningyou:

I got a food "rescue bag" (things that a restaurant would toss in the bin at the end of the day, so you get a "surprise bag" for a fraction of the original price) that had a dragoon mayo and avocado baguette,  a greek salad, and a hummus and quinoa bowl. :)

This sounds fascinating. And delicious!  Did you enjoy it?

chunyu Volunteer Staff
 The Butterfly:

This sounds fascinating. And delicious!  Did you enjoy it?

Yes, all of the dishes were very nice! :D

“Cream” of Pumpkin Soup.  I used some different spices and fresh oregano from the garden.  When it was in the blender I added a little cold butter to gloss it up.  I don’t usually use any dairy in my cream soups but changed things up this time. Had mine with a small baked potato topped with jalapeño cheese.  

Hubby brought home 8 pumpkins (!!) because he loves pumpkin so much.   Going to have to look up some more recipes!