I can no longer have my favorite meal.  My mom's fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy,  green beans.  Homemade apple pie for dessert.  

I've had some amazing meals in restaurants but nothing compares to a sandwich, fruit, and cookies with my grandmother or family when traveling.  Sitting at a picnic table or in the car in the mountains, on the plains, next to a river or lake,  or wherever we may have stopped to picnic on a trip.  

My favorite breakfast has to be Brötchen with butter and honey and a pot of hot tea.  Haven't had that since the last time we visited Germany but it's something that warms my heart.

Aw nothing beats a mom’s cooking tbh???

I’m actually a big foodie, I enjoy any type of delicious meals so I have a wide selection ?

Recently it’s my moms delicious Ribs or is it lamb chops, in Arabic it’s called Riash, anyway that and Tikka are my favorites right now

I’ll also add two others which is simple salmon with hints of ginger or saffron soaked meat with white rice or even full saffron rice as well

I tried saffron risotto in a restaurant a while back and I basically love saffron xD

Growing up by favorite meals revolved around chicken but I guess I slowly got bored so I’m focusing more on meat I guess xD

I also even love shrimp dishes like biryani or majboos tho those are also good with chicken or meat 

My mom is also famous for her biryanis , overall she’s a great cook and her love language is cooking so eventho I’m not as great a cook as her and she does have off days but growing up I knew I was lucky to have home cooked meals ?

XingBack:

Aw nothing beats a mom’s cooking tbh???

I’m actually a big foodie, I enjoy any type of delicious meals so I have a wide selection ?

Recently it’s my moms delicious Ribs or is it lamb chops, in Arabic it’s called Riash, anyway that and Tikka are my favorites right now

I’ll also add two others which is simple salmon with hints of ginger or saffron soaked meat with white rice or even full saffron rice as well

I tried saffron risotto in a restaurant a while back and I basically love saffron xD

Growing up by favorite meals revolved around chicken but I guess I slowly got bored so I’m focusing more on meat I guess xD

I also even love shrimp dishes like biryani or majboos tho those are also good with chicken or meat 

My mom is also famous for her biryanis , overall she’s a great cook and her love language is cooking so eventho I’m as great a cook as her and she does have off days but growing up I knew I was lucky to have home cooked meals ?

Moms do show their love through cooking.  When my mom was alive and we’d visit, my husband would look at me and say “she does know we’re only here for the weekend, right?”   XD

lol yeah, when my bro and sil visit, mom makes a whole 10 course meal and I keep telling her they're only here for lunch, and will come atleast once a week so there's no need to cook like she's feeding them through the whole week?

my grandma was also like that, we say we like one dish and she keeps making it when we visit, may they rest in peace??

beyond beef and red lentil pasta in sloppy joe sauce

2 ea Chicago dogs....yummmm

almost forgot to eat yesterday so around 10pm (oopsie!) on stovetop - brown rice boiled in water with some gel vegetarian stock and a pouch of chicken

Cheese ravioli with a Bolognese style sauce and crusty bread.

THE FORUM QUESTION FOR OCTOBER IS "What's your favorite fall/autumn treat or meal?"   

This doesn't displace our sharing what we're having for dinner, just something to (pumpkin) spice up the usual chats.  ^^

If you missed September's it was, "What's your favorite meal?"  Feel free to share it this month as well. 

Autumn, when everyone is back to work/studies and the mundane everyday life, pies are my fave meal or snack: cheese pies, spinach pies, chicken-feta cheese pies, vegetable pies. They may need a lot of preparation time (unless we bake a frozen one!), but they're delicious and the house smells wonderful while they're in the oven! 

Tonight I'm having Chauhan (Shanghai style fried rice and Shanghai chicken) 

penel:

Autumn, when everyone is back to work/studies and the mundane everyday life, pies are my fave meal or snack: cheese pies, spinach pies, chicken-feta cheese pies, vegetable pies. They may need a lot of preparation time (unless we bake a frozen one!), but they're delicious and the house smells wonderful while they're in the oven! 

Do these savory pies use a pie crust or are they cooked in a pie dish?

I had a huge lunch (Tagliatti with Mushrooms in a cream sauce) with  Chicken Leg cooked with Basil Butter and a Green Lamb Lettuce Salad with Walnuts and soft goat cheese, so I will probably have a light dinner composed of a lentil soup with grilled cheese sandwich and some strawberries with cream. 

Northern raveller:

I had a huge lunch (Tagliatti with Mushrooms in a cream sauce) with  Chicken Leg cooked with Basil Butter and a Green Lamb Lettuce Salad with Walnuts and soft goat cheese, so I will probably have a light dinner composed of a lentil soup with grilled cheese sandwich and some strawberries with cream. 

Sounds delicious!