Tonight was black bean burritos/tacos/meatless fajitas? :D

Black beans on a flour tortilla with sautéed peppers and onions, fresh tomatoes, and cilantro and salsa. 

currently gurgling ... brown rice, butternut squash, chicken and ginger

The Butterfly:

Tonight was black bean burritos/tacos/meatless fajitas? :D

Black beans on a flour tortilla with sautéed peppers and onions, fresh tomatoes, and cilantro and salsa. 

Sounds great to me!

Roasted Cornish hens stuffed with wild rice w/cranberries & almonds

roasted steak with potatoes

Traditional easter dinner in my country; Salmon, eggs, potatoes, pickled herring, pie with various sauces, greens and breads! Happy easter to all of you! g ♡ 

Made my go to spicy shrimp and garlic pasta for dinner. Ended up having to make it with vermicelli since it was the only pasta we had left but it was enough to satisfy all the picky eaters in the family.  

Happy Easter to everyone celebrating! 

I made the Easter lunch my little family has eaten for many years, not sure how it started.

Chicken and fluffy dumplings with a side of roasted carrots.  Normally, the side would be asparagus but this year it is what it is.  I was just grateful to find a package of chicken hitting it's "best by" date in the freezer.  This meal brought back happy memories of years past.

For dinner we had dessert.  One of the times I made banana muffins/bread I had some leftover batter and threw it into an 8 X 8 pan and made a thin cake out of it.  I cut it into individual servings and kept them in the freezer.  I pulled out 2 squares tonight.  I had one pear and plum left so I sliced those up and sautéed them in a little butter and sugar, with a shake of cinnamon until the fruit softened and the sugar began to caramelize.  I arranged the fruit on our cake slices.  My husband was dubious but afterwards begged for seconds.  Sorry sweetie.  That's all.  Seriously yummy.

@JoanneSmith I love reading your posts.  It's like reading a menu at a top restaurant.  I wish I lived close enough to ask for your leftovers.  :)

@Schmetterling (The Butterfly)

Aaaahhh, thank u :D Yours a quite inspiring as well!   And, trust me there are some nites I do just have a ham sandwich! 

Grilled Chicken gyro and homemade tzatziki sauce

Recipe:

Grilled marinated chicken strips -- marinade: a clove of grated garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt&pepper, and oregano. 1 hr. in fridge

Tzatziki:(my version)  greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chopped green onion, chopped cucumber and dill. Instead of a pita, heated a medium  tortilla (toasted on both sides for a second or two) then made a big soft taco shaped gyro and loaded with chicken, lettuce, fresh diced tomatoes, red onion, feta and tzatziki on top. 

Was a nice variation of ingrediants i normally have (most of ) but never tried serving this b4.   Was a hit and yummy. 

JoanneSmith:

Chicken gyro and homemade tzatziki sauce

Recipe:

Grilled marinated chicken strips -- marinade: a clove of grated garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt&pepper, and oregano. 1 hr. in fridge

Tzatziki:  greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chopped green onion, chopped cucumber and dill. Heated a medium  tortilla (toasted on both sides for a second or two) then made a big soft taco shaped gyro and loaded with chicken, lettuce, fresh diced tomatoes, red onion, feta and tzatziki on top. 

Was a nice variation of ingrediants i normally have (most of ) but never tried serving this b4.   Was a hit and yummy. 

Wow, you made homemade chicken souvlaki!! :o Well done, it sounds yummy!!!! 

Just a sidenote, authentic tzatziki also contains vinegar and olive oil, about 3 tbs of white wine vinegar, and 2 tbs of virgin olive oil should be enough for 1 yogurt (300-350 gr).  You grate the cucumber & then drain it, finely chop the garlic clove(s), mix everything thoroughly together with a spoon (not a blender/mixer!), let it seat in the fridge for one hour, and vouala! Greek Tzatziki!! Just make sure to use actual Greek (drained) yogurt! And sure, you can serve it with finely chopped dill, or parsley, or whatever else you like of course! :) 

Thanks @Estelll, I’ll add that vinegar and oil  to my tzatziki notes for the next time!  Shredding the cucumber sounds like a good idea too.   I just made mine up on the fly from memory and years of eating it. :D 

think i will beg dad to take me to west side market ( http://westsidemarket.org/about/market-history/ ) once the world opens back up again for a lamby gyro ( http://westsidemarket.org/vendor/steves-gyros/ ). so hungry! hmm i might have to try chicky one once i ever get to grocery. come on world let this quarantine be over already. there is good food to be eaten out there ;)

Today we had pasta with a sauce made up from leftover in the fridge baby food my sister had made while she was here with my dear nephew -- she basically boiled meat if available (the leftover had chicken) [yeah I know it's supposed to be lent week here but anyways] along with various vegetables, and even fruits (carrots and apples were her staples) but she also used things like parsley and oregano and other mild spices to substitute for the lack of salt (since babies less than a year old are not to eat salt or sugar), and she somehow made it super yummy (I know cause I've tried it while feeding him!) despite it being blended!!  

Oh, and another inspiration from my sister's baby food, missing the fruit creams she made for my nephew's evening meal lol, I chopped up some pears and heated it along with some water, brown sugar, petimezi, and cinnamon, intenting to make some (oat) porridge with it, but eventually I let it become syrup-like and made oats and tahini pancaces!!So we had oat-tahini-pear pancakes for evening meal!! :)))

yes apples and carrots are used a lot for filler in baby food (purees). or pears i would say. i tend to buy sweet potato or butternut squash. there are fruity ones i buy just as yogurt option