Estelll:

I just googled Hotteok and it seems like something I can easily make at home!! Maybe I'll try it soon & can finally claim I've eaten something Korean!!! :)

It is easy and delicious! Good luck making it!

pasta is only chickpea flour

canned unsweetened coconut milk not that thick but i try hard to find without sulfites

verdict is ... yes this almost tastes like hummus

eightocci:

pasta is only chickpea flour

canned unsweetened coconut milk not that thick but i try hard to find without sulfites

verdict is ... yes this almost tastes like hummus

Glad it worked out

Lasagna made with homemade noodles

Chicken stuffed bell pepper rice with baked potato and salad.

Indochinese shrimp fried rice

Sandwich with grilled rustic wholegrain bread, poached egg, grilled sweet red bell pepper, rocket leaves, and graviera cheese flakes.

@Estelll i cannot eat it but sure sounds lovely

Today was try new things day.  

Inspired by my lovely new Greek friends I made Revithosoupa (or something close to it).  Chickpea soup with lemon.  Unusual to my taste buds and super yummy.  My husband licked the bowl clean.

I've run across a recipe for banana bread with vanilla roasted strawberries three times in the last couple of weeks.  Roasted strawberries piqued my interest.  Easy to make and not bad.  Not bad at all.  I ended up using my banana bread recipe because I didn't have the yogurt/sour cream called for in the listed recipe.  And I made it into a sheetcake, added some pecans with the strawberries and gilded the lily by putting on a crumb topping like on a New York Crumbcake.  Oh yeah.  Not on my diet.  But oh so scrumptious.  I wish I'd saved some of the berries to eat on my oats tomorrow...  

https://buttercreamblondie.com/vanilla-roasted-strawberries/

Lastly I tried something new in making vegetable broth that most people know but I had never tried.  While my chickpea stew cooked I took the onion skins and parts of the onion I would normally discard, washed them and added them along with some veggie bits and pieces I've been saving to make broth and boiled the heck out of them.  I ended up with this gorgeous mahagony colored veggie broth which I used to make rice for the week.  The rice ended up with a mellow almost buttery flavor.  Delicious. :)  Most of the rice is in the freezer waiting to be eaten except for a container I saved in the frig to be used---somehow.  :) 

edit-the rice made excellent fried rice the next day  :)

Roast chicken.  Side dish: Pasta with sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts tossed with truffle zest.  

JoanneSmith:

Roast chicken.  Side dish: Pasta with sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts tossed with truffle zest.  

I love every element of this meal. :)