I'm looking for something on the serious side with a really good and addictive plot and romance but it can be minimal. Can be makjang basically. There does not have to be a happy ending. Preferably korean or chinese although I haven't found a single chinese drama like these as they tend to be more bubbly, western or japanese recs are welcome too.  Dramas similar to

• Misty - loved the addictive plot and mature romance with her husband
  • The World of the married - another addictive plot, one of those "just one more episode" at 4 am dramas, loved the "romance" with her husband, ofc he was a scumbag but it was so intriguing that he was still in love her, i love twists like this
  • The good wife - This is different from the 2 above but I liked the different cases each episode that kept it fresh and different as well as the good balance of romantic drama between her husband and coworker
  • Woman of dignity - Loved this rich ahjumma drama, this has more comedic tones than the others I listed but it was so fun
  • Graceful family - almost nonexistent romance but the plot was good enough to compensate,
  • Avengers Social club - more comedic also but the plot was very fun

Some common qualities I love about some of these - older cast (not mandatory), affluent characters (not mandatory), cheating husbands (not necessary but i find it fun, toxic relationships in general i find fun to watch but it can have non-toxicity too), plot twists

Mistress it's mature, mystery/thriller. 

I also liked Woman of Dignity & TWOTM so you might like SKY Castle too if you haven't watched it already. 

Check out:

• First Half of My Life (Chn)
  • Fierce Wife (Twn)
  • I have a Lover (Kor) - makjang central
  • A Good Wife (Twn)- different story from The Good Wife
  • One Warm Word (Kor)
  • On the way to the airport (Kor)
  • My Wife's having and Affair this week (Kor)
  • Surgeons (Chn)
  • Divorce Lawyers (Chn)
  • More of a family drama with awesome narrative:
    • All is Well (Chn)
    • Super Family (Kor)
    • Dear My Friends (kor) - almost all characters are senior citizens
    • Gibo to Musume no Blues (Jpn)

I agree with Czakhareina. Watch the Chinese melodrama, The First Half of My Life.                       Check out The First Half of My Life Trailer on YouTube https://youtu.be/yMF-Q4Vskmo

It's currently available on Amazon Prime. 

A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower (Chinese Drama, 2020)
Danger of Her (Chinese Drama, 2020)
Saka no Tochu no le (Japanese Drama, 2019)

Love Affairs in the Afternoon