From time to time, MDL changes its criteria for listing films and dramas.  A few years ago, I asked why the sensational movie "Her Love Boils Bathwater" did not make the list of "Top Movies," though its average rating, at the time, was 8.7.  I was told that a movie needed ratings from 200 users.  When the number hit 200, I was told that the number had been raised to 250.  That number was reached, and the film was listed for a while, but it is now de-listed because the number seems to have been raised to over 2000.

That means that such wonderful films as "Canola" and "Vanishing Time" have been de-listed as well, which makes them less likely to be discovered by MDL members.  I admit that this qualifies as a 'high-class' concern, but it still makes me sad.  The movies that I mentioned can be accessed through the search engine, but are less likely to be discovered 'by chance' while going through the lists.  Perhaps the criteria could be lowered a bit? I hope so.

I understand what you mean, but I guess that's just the nature of user-generated rating?

On the other hand, I do find that recommendations (on each movie/drama page, where users recommend you some stuff that you might also enjoy if you like a particular movie) and users' personal lists more useful in helping me find under-the-radar movies.