Sudarsh Cherry Magicated:

For the last two days I'd been reading consistently but today I've not read anything till now and it's almost night. I hope this reading spree becomes a success without turning into a typical new year resolution of mine lol.. xD 

Seeing other members' progress will make us try our best to keep up our pace and effort xD

JJChastity:

I must say It's been so long I'm not updated with books. There's no book mentioned here that I know. 

My slump is also quite severe. Three days and I have only read 10 pages out of 144 of my February book. I hope I pick up my pace. I really want to finish it. One book a month. :)

I've found that it's never a good idea to try to force my way out of a reading slump because it may become worse. Take your time; the amount you're reading every day may seem small, but these little bits add up. 

JJChastity:

I must say It's been so long I'm not updated with books. There's no book mentioned here that I know. 

My slump is also quite severe. Three days and I have only read 10 pages out of 144 of my February book. I hope I pick up my pace. I really want to finish it. One book a month. :)

Hey don't overthink it. If you are getting  bored or aren't motivated to read, pick up something else or try a comic book. 

toxicbybritneyspears:

Hello, peeps.  I've seen a @kaisrexci post about the book club and decided to join because I really miss reading as much as I used to.

So, I'm currently re-reading the anthology of Franz Kafka's short novels because I truly missed his wiritng.

Franz Kafka "Opowieści i przypowieści"

Most of those novels are unfinished, but still full of unsettling surrealism, existential dread, weird humor and deep melancholy typical for Kafka. And modernists in general. "Metamorphosis" is still one of my absolute favorite short novels ever.

Ha, "unsettling surrealism" is exactly my experience with Metarmophosis!

JJChastity:

I am your twin sister, only 10 pags read too, I will try read other 10 today, I need a realistic goal :(

Sudarsh Cherry Magicated:

For the last two days I'd been reading consistently but today I've not read anything till now and it's almost night. I hope this reading spree becomes a success without turning into a typical new year resolution of mine lol.. xD 

Fighting! 

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I will reply in one post to all.

@penel Okay, I'll think positive :)

@LucianYaz Yes, it's not easy. I'll take my time. I know it's not good to force myself. 

@Wandering_Queen Comic book, haha it always works. I wonder why I didn't have slump for comic book, lol

@Kapetria Hello, twin sister. I hope I can also do another 10 today. ^-^

Just make sure to take it easy and not worry too much. 

Same as @JJChastity it’s been 10 years I haven’t read anything. Reading everyone’s picks and favs authors makes me feel like I came from the Amazon jungle into civilization lol.

But I’m enjoying seeing everyone write about their faves and least fave. It will help me when I choose my first “big” book after I read the Poem collections I have in mind.

I’m really enjoying how these authors have the courage and strength to share their life’s struggles, pain, love, heartache, fears, and their vulnerability. It’s really awakened emotions I forgot I had in my youth. ( not that being 30 is old but ya get what a mean?) I want to share a page that really hit my love cells.

Faith

I’m not a religious woman
but I remember
the first time
I made you laugh

all the air around me
became a gown
the white of your teeth
something to walk
down an aisle for

I needed to find your God
and ask him to forgive me
for trying to love
anyone else
before you

Seven :

Same as @JJChastity it’s been 10 years I haven’t read anything. Reading everyone’s picks and favs authors makes me feel like I came from the Amazon jungle into civilization lol.

But I’m enjoying seeing everyone write about their faves and least fave. It will help me when I choose my first “big” book after I read the Poem collections I have in mind.

I’m really enjoying how these authors have the courage and strength to share their life’s struggles, pain, love, heartache, fears, and their vulnerability. It’s really awakened emotions I forgot I had in my youth. ( not that being 30 is old but ya get what a mean?) I want to share a page that really hit my love cells.

Faith

I’m not a religious woman
but I remember
the first time
I made you laugh

all the air around me
became a gown
the white of your teeth
something to walk
down an aisle for

I needed to find your God
and ask him to forgive me
for trying to love
anyone else
before you

That's beautiful poetry. Thank you for sharing :) 

Now I'm curious about your book of poem collections! 

JJChastity:

You can do it! :)

Hello all,

Just stumbled upon this book club now so just posting what I'm currently reading now in February.
The Chronicles of Narnia 5 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (ready for some "adults can't enter narnia" argument lol). I've read book 1-3 but i couldn't find book 4 anywhere at home so I'm just gonna skip to book 5. I usually read in the toilet so my progress is usually suuuper slow *come on I believe some are bathroom reader here haha.

@Wandering_Queen yes, I won't worry too much and enjoy the process

@seven that's a nice poem. I also enjoy poem. it might be over 10 years for me not reading anything. or did I read something in the middle? one or two books or something. I just don't remember. But I want to change this. I want to regain back my hobby of reading books regularly. we can do this! 

@Lady Nimue yes, we can! fighting!

oche:

Hello all,

Just stumbled upon this book club now so just posting what I'm currently reading now in February.
The Chronicles of Narnia 5 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (ready for some "adults can't enter narnia" argument lol). I've read book 1-3 but i couldn't find book 4 anywhere at home so I'm just gonna skip to book 5. I usually read in the toilet so my progress is usually suuuper slow *come on I believe some are bathroom reader here haha.

Welcome! Good to have you with us xD

One can never go wrong with Narnia!

JJChastity:

It's been a year since I read a single page for me too.. first few days were better but now it's hard. But trying to read at least a few pages daily tho I'm behind my schedule.. Hope we overcome it and finish a book within this month :)