Kapetria:

the last one like this that I read was a Jane Austen adaption, try make her book looks mature was the writer mistake

oo which one? 

Haunted
when someone you love
starts loving someone new
and that someone new
loves them back
you watch from a distance
hoping to see some of you
in their love

is this what it is to become a ghost?
is this how you haunt?
how you flicker the lights?
how you creak the floors?
how you wait for a body that is no longer yours?

Sharing another poem that struck a chord.
Becoming this kind of ghost gives me a scarier feeling than watching the scariest horrid film.

New book update:

I'm gonna start reading Catching Fire from Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I'm big fan of Hunger Games movies and in last year I read the first part of it and I liked it more than movie itself but then I didn't get chance to read next part so I'm gonna do it now. 

I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as much I enjoyed it's prequel. 

Anushka :

New book update:

I'm gonna start reading Catching Fire from Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I'm big fan of Hunger Games movies and in last year I read the first part of it and I liked it more than movie itself but then I didn't get chance to read next part so I'm gonna do it now. 

I liked the books much better than the movies too! Happy reading :)

Anushka :

New book update:

Catching Fire is the best book in the series. Really hate MockingJay. lmao 

Anyway, enjoy!

Started 3rd book for February: 

Liking it so far

2nd February book I've started already, yay: 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25279684-those-we-left-behind

The 4th of his books on my bookshelf, which I bought a year ago ;)

oche:

Hello all,

Just stumbled upon this book club now so just posting what I'm currently reading now in February.
The Chronicles of Narnia 5 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (ready for some "adults can't enter narnia" argument lol). I've read book 1-3 but i couldn't find book 4 anywhere at home so I'm just gonna skip to book 5. I usually read in the toilet so my progress is usually suuuper slow *come on I believe some are bathroom reader here haha.

I actually finished this series and book 5 is my favorite. ahahahaha.

Wandering_Queen:

Started 3rd book for February: 

Liking it so far

just see in amazon, its a trilogy

Kapetria:

just see in amazon, its a trilogy 

Yeah I love murder mystery series keep me occupied 

I started reading "Thinking, Fast & Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. It's really interesting & I want to read it slowly to assimilate all the underlying wisdom. 

I love reading books about 'Thinking', so I know that this is gonna be a great read (I'm already 40 pages in!!!)

Another Stranger :

I started reading "Thinking, Fast & Slow" by Daniel Kahneman. It's really interesting & I want to read it slowly to assimilate all the underlying wisdom. 

I love reading books about 'Thinking', so I know that this is gonna be a great read (I'm already 40 pages in!!!)

Daniel Kahneman is really popular psychologist! His name was mentioned more than once during my psychology studies at university. Keep us updated how the book goes! :)

Maguro:

January's Completed  (Novel)

The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa

February's To Read (Novel)

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Crime and Punishment is on mandatory school reading list for high school in Poland. But being honest, I did not read it when I had to. I did finish it few years later tho. It's a norm for me, if someone forces me to read something, I will struggle a lot, but then when I'm free to read it on my own, I might enjoy it. 

It's quite a good classic :)

Kate:

Daniel Kahneman is really popular psychologist! His name was mentioned more than once during my psychology studies at university. Keep us updated how the book goes! :)

Sure. There are a lot of interesting & quotable things in this book. It is so relatable yet enlightening as the author takes mundane things in life & shows us how we only think from one perspective/ elaborates stuff that we go through everyday but don't actually notice. It's really insightful.  

Author: Bogdan Wojciszke, Marcin Rotkiewicz
Original title: Homo nie całkiem sapiens. O automatyzmach myślenia, nadętych politykach, narzekaniu Polaków i pułapkach moralności. 
Translated title: Homo not quite sapiens. About the automatisms of thinking, cocky politicians, Poles' complaints and the traps of morality.

Genre: Social Sciences and Humanities - Psychology

Thoughts: Just finished reading. Was it fun? I guess it was. I have to say, this is for sure not a book that the target reader is someone with deeper psychology knowledge, coz the concepts are rather basic, well known even for 2nd year psychology students. At some point author explains what neurotransmitters are and what they do, so that's that. Still, I did have quite a fun time reading. I especially liked the chapters on morality, The Righteous Mind (Jonathan Haidt's book and his theory of morality) and the last chapters about the validity of psychological research and the errors that may occur in this field of study. 

The book is in the format of an interview (Rotkiewicz is a journalist and Wojciszke is a social psychologist) so it was kind of like reading a podcast haahaha Might be why I finished it so quickly. + It is rather short book, only a little bit over 200 pages. 

Favorite quote (translated by me so it might not be 100% correct lol)

"It is definitely worth talking, not necessarily with the hope of convincing the other person who has different views, but in order to find a common space and let my opponent understand what I really think and that I, in turn, understand what he really thinks."

This is something so important in the current times: to keep the dialogue going. More often than not when we discuss ideas with others, our replies are not based on what the other person said and thinks, but what we think they said and think. We don't listen/read what the other person said with a full focus, coz we "already know what they will probably say" and as a result, we don't reply to them, but rather to our perception of their ideas and reasoning. And conversations like that are basically useless.

One done, three more to go :) I'm over half way through the rest of the books, so hopefully I will be able to finish them in February.