Estelll:
That must be true, because I absolutely love Jane Eyre, but Wuthering Heights never really grabbed me, something about the hostile setting, the toxic characters/relationship, and/or the plot made me feel uncomfortable, so I never really enjoyed it (till probably the last part). Though I've no idea how I'd feel about it if I reread it now, almost 20 years later.

I totally agree with you about Wuthering, there is an online theory that the FL had Syphilis to explain why everyone was creepy like that

Hello April!! 

So for this month, I think I will read a book by Priest. I don't know what book I will read but definitely from Priest because I heard that her novels are good. Maybe I will read Faraway Wanderer (aka Word of Honor) but I don't want to spoil the drama so maybe not. Any suggestion?? 

HaruHaru081906:

Hello April!! 

So for this month, I think I will read a book by Priest. I don't know what book I will read but definitely from Priest because I heard that her novels are good. Maybe I will read Faraway Wanderer (aka Word of Honor) but I don't want to spoil the drama so maybe not. Any suggestion?? 

I've only read 3 books from Priest: Sha Po Lang, Lord Seventh (Qi Ye), and my current read Faraway Wanderer, so I might not be the best person to suggest something, but I'll give it a try. :) 

From those 3 books, if you're looking to be wowed by her writing technique and worldbuilding, read Sha Po Lang. The other two are her earlier works, and they are much simpler.  But, I actually love the main couple is from Lord Seventh, maybe even more from Sha Po Lang's. 

I'm almost done with Faraway Wanderer (7 chapters left, plus some extras). Although the main couple's interaction is much more fun in the novel (uncensored and a lot of funny banters), the story itself is subpar compared to the drama. I'll suggest finishing the drama first before you start the novel in order to avoid confusion, as the plot unfolds quite differently. 

Her other books I want to check later: Silent Reading (modern, detective/crime genre, and is also being made into a drama) and Guardian (the drama has been released a couple of years ago).

Hello, My name is Krizia and I'm new to the club. I will read:
Out of Sight Out of Time by Ally Carter
Percy Jackson and The Olympians: Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (Will reread)

Emma:

Welcome, @Emma - Krizia :)

penel:

Welcome dear @moonchild!

Sherlock BBC Series is indeed one of the best series ever! We re-watched this a couple of times during family cinema-nights at home :)

[for a strange reason I couldn't quote your post...]

Thanks for the welcome. :) Indeed, it never gets boring and Sherlock Holmes never gets old. xD So far I only read a couple novels and a few of the adventure stories but I plan to read all of them. 

Emma:

Welcome!! I read the whole Percy Jackson series before!! I don't remember the plot anymore because I read it years ago. The series is really good thou!!

Emma:

I love the Percy Jackson series. Magnus Chase series from the same author was a good read!! I'm actually planning to read more of Rick Riordan after I finish exploring Agatha Christie lol. Have a good read :)

Oooh! I want to join! I am reading Home by Nnedi Okorafor (10 pages left!) And Red White & Royal Blue. 

fiflydramalover:

Oooh! I want to join! I am reading Home by Nnedi Okorafor (10 pages left!) And Red White & Royal Blue. 

Welcome, dear @fiflydramalover! Glad you joined us :)

April Book

My goal is to start and hopeful finish, Hood Feminism: Notes From the Women That A Movement Forgot by Mikki Kendall. This is my first time reading this authors work so fingers crossed I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Additionally, I’m a fan of Priest (Chinese author) so I also plan to sneak in a book of hers in between. I haven’t decided on which title to read yet.

Just finished Home by Dr. Nnedi Okorafor! Next to finish is the third book. I want to get back to Red White and Royal Blue, but Dr. Okorafor's books are my library picks so I have to return them soon T_T 

penel:

Welcome, dear @fiflydramalover! Glad you joined us :)

Thank you!!! :D 

Hi guys! How is everyone's reading going? :)

A little over the April mark I managed to finish Faraway Wanderer (aka Word of Honor) by Priest. 

As I said to a friend, my appreciation for the drama screenwriter has just doubled, maybe tripled. She managed to make us fall in love with the side characters, and unfolded the plot in a much more interesting way. The novel is fun in the beginning, the uncensored banters between the main couple are hilarious, but later on, the plot is sort of explained from the sideline. Had I not finished the drama, I'd probably be confused about what went down.

For April, I'm reading Silent Reading, another novel from Priest, which is also being made into a drama. She wrote this novel 6 years after Faraway Wanderer, and her writing has evidently matured at this point. I'm only around 13 chapters in right now, but I could already appreciate much more details and savviness in her writing technique. The story is also outside her typical genre, and takes place in modern China and is of genre crime/thriller.

I also hope to be able to read A Court of Silver Flames, book 5 of a new adult fantasy series. Together, these 2 books will amount to a whopping 2287 pages. I'm kinda in a drama slump right now, so who knows, I might be able to pull this off. ^.^

Finished my February book The Grimm Legacy mid March. I liked the concept & being able to use magical items that come from books but the book itself was ok. The plot was a bit slow for me.  

I also finished The Graveyard Book in April.  I liked the interactions with the ghosts & how the main character used his ghostly knowledge in situations.

For April, I am reading   When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. 

HI! I recently just finished Daughter of the Deep by Lina C. Amarego. I'm planning to finish the Six of Crows Duology so Crooked Kingdom is next and IM SO EXCITED!!