JJChastity:

it didn't work for me. Did you use PC because I used my chrome mobile browser. on my phone.

Yes, I used my laptop. I don't know if or how it works on mobile. Sorry. ^^'

moonchild:

Yes, I used my laptop. I don't know if or how it works on mobile. Sorry. ^^'

ah I see it's okay. I don't often quote long post.

JJChastity:

it didn't work for me. Did you use PC because I used my chrome mobile browser. on my phone.

Multi quoting only works on my pc. It does not work when I am using my iPhone's Safari browser.

Lady Nimue:

Multi quoting only works on my pc. It does not work when I am using my iPhone's Safari browser.

Same for the iPad, doesn't work there either.

I really love mydramalist... I wish there was a website like this for books. And no one say GoodReads, it's not the same :( 

I joined some time ago but never really read anything , today I started 2ha so I decided to come back again

@toxicbritneyspears (sadly I can't quote your post): I read a book called Religious Violence in Contemporary Japan: The Case of Aum Shinrikyo a couple of years back, and my memory is sketchy, but I'm pretty sure the books is pretty good at explaining how their doctrine evolves from--to quote what you said--"just give us money and we'll teach you how to do healing yoga while listening to the weird interpretations of buddhist teachings" to "let's kill a bunch of people because the end is near".

If my memory serves, by the time they launched the attack, Aum Shinrikyo has held that death is salvation (or maybe it's salvation through death?), which is why they didn't think what they did was reprehensible. And even prior to the attack, there have been several members of the cult who died during ascetic practices, and it was seen as a "good thing"--at least by people high in the hierarchy; it's not a common knowledge among ordinary members--because that means they've gone to the other realm and thus, are saved.

Maystols:
I joined some time ago but never really read anything , today I started 2ha so I decided to come back again 

I love 2ha. Such a great character developments, and all the feels! ❤ Happy reading!

Lady Nimue:
same! This is one of those few shows that I find hard to imagine that Netflix would mess up.

The trailer looks promising, and I heard that Leigh Bardugo is also very satisfied with the adaptation, so let's hope for the best. ^^ 

Vya van Velaris:

I love 2ha. Such a great character developments, and all the feels! ❤ Happy reading!

The trailer looks promising, and I heard that Leigh Bardugo is also very satisfied with the adaptation, so let's hope for the best. ^^ 

yess I heard great things about it  , thank you!!

fiflydramalover:

I really love mydramalist... I wish there was a website like this for books. And no one say GoodReads, it's not the same :( 

IKR. At lease we can put it on our profile which book we read and post our thoughts for that book. i also feel goodread is lacking. The other day I post an app I found in gplay titled my reading record. it's quite nice.

JJChastity:

IKR. At lease we can put it on our profile which book we read and post our thoughts for that book. i also feel goodread is lacking. The other day I post an app I found in gplay titled my reading record. it's quite nice.

Oh cool! I will have to try out this app~ Thanks for letting me know

Reading update! I just finished the graphic novel Enigma by Peter Milligan. I started it not really knowing where it was going and rolled my eyes at it in the beginning, but I kept reading. I don't know where or how, but at some point I was totally sucked into the story and taking it seriously. I kept getting chills as I was reading, and even though I didn't understand the book by the time I finished... I was somehow satisfied? Hahha that sounds super strange, I know. I really loved it. 

In case anyone is interested, it's World Book Day (WBD) again at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/article/read-the-world-2021/

There are 10 free ebooks set in different countries; I look out for WBD every year because it's a good opportunity to get exposure to diverse writers and settings. The books are available for the next 7 days.

I use the Amazon US store so I'm not sure if the link or the books will be available to persons with non-US accounts.

LucianYaz:
I use the Amazon US store so I'm not sure if the link or the books will be available to persons with non-US accounts.

Thank you for posting this here. I can't purchase them directly from the US Store but when I go to my countries Amazon page (Germany) and search for the titles (english version), I can download them for free so it works. 

Ooh, I want to join even though I am pretty late :)  Hi, everyone!  I am a lifelong book lover that has kind of not been so good about reading consistently over the past few years, but I have been trying to make more of a concerted effort this year, so this thread is perfect for me!  Also this is going to nudge me to actually update my goodreads ;)

I have actually managed one book/month so far this year, surprisingly.  It's tough for me because while I do read nearly daily (and that never stopped), I usually only read right before bed, so if I am tired that night, I don't get through much, haha (last night I only got through 2 pages, I think - it was a rough week at work).

The list so far:

• January: Empress by Karen Miller - rated 4/5 (maybe more like 3.75/5?).  Compulsively readable, but disturbing.  Has a complex and interesting female lead and a fairly novel-feeling world.  However, it felt a little stilted in terms of the writing style, especially the dialogue.  There are two more books in this series; we'll see if I ever get around to them.  Maybe, maybe not.
  • February: Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann - rated 4/5.  This is one of those books where you get introduced to characters one by one, and they're all separate but united by this one particular event, until the connections between them start to be revealed.  Some segments I liked more than others; some characters will stick with me and others won't (some I have probably already mostly forgotten), but I loved how this novel was written and constructed.  
  • March: The Lighthouse by Alison Moore - rated 3/5 (though really it's probably 3.5/5).  Slow and slice of life, follows a recently divorced middle aged man on his weeklong vacation while he spends lots of time inside his head.  Lots of symbols and themes to follow throughout.  There is not a line wasted in this novel; it's all important, though it may not be obvious at the time.  So it's kind of a boring read for most of the length of the book, but it picks up at the end.  So maybe I respect this one more than I liked it, haha.
  • April: Miles from Nowhere by Nami Moon - rated 3/5 (3.5/5? I am realizing that I appreciate the availability of more rating options here at MDL, haha).  This book was not an easy read.  Joon goes through some stuff, let's say.  But her voice, her character, is one that will stick with me though there were times while reading this that I had to take a break because I found it so disturbing.  Also, this had some weird connections to Let the Great World Spin in terms of locations mentioned, since they're both set at least in part in the Bronx and I would not have noticed if I hadn't just read it.  And it reminded me somewhat of this movie that I also watched in the past couple of months for this year's watch challenge (though Aimie, the movie's main character, has much more ordinary teenage troubles than Joon in the book).  Following The Lighthouse with this hit me over the head twice in a row that parents can really mess up their kids.
  • And now, Possession by A.S Byatt.  This may count as May's book; it's not a super long book, but so far it's pretty dense so I'm guessing I won't finish it this month (I'm only about 12 pages in at the moment and just started it a couple days ago).  Glad I'm getting a head start on it :)  I've read two books by this author before; one I liked a lot and the other I thought was kind of boring.  

So I'll stop back in to update my progress periodically and see what everyone else is reading :)

LucianYaz:

In case anyone is interested, it's World Book Day (WBD) again at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/article/read-the-world-2021/

There are 10 free ebooks set in different countries; I look out for WBD every year because it's a good opportunity to get exposure to diverse writers and settings. The books are available for the next 7 days.

Thanks for sharing! I see a couple of books that seem interesting.