pepi:

Hello guys! I am pretty new to MDL and today I discovered this club totally by chance and I would love to join it.

Currently I am not reading anything, but I would like to start One Last Stop by Casey Mcquiston!

Hopefully I would be accepted in this community 'cause I would love to rant talk about the books I read :P

Thank you and have a nice day! Stay safe and drink loads of water :D

Welcome, dear @pepi! Glad you joined us xD

pepi:

Hello guys! I am pretty new to MDL and today I discovered this club totally by chance and I would love to join it.

Currently I am not reading anything, but I would like to start One Last Stop by Casey Mcquiston!

Hopefully I would be accepted in this community 'cause I would love to rant talk about the books I read :P

Welcome welcome!! 

Book update: so i of course did not finish the anthology that I planned to read and instead finished two graphic novel anthologies edited by Taneka Stotts. Elements-Fire and Elements-Earth. They were both pretty fun with lots of interesting stories and art. Some even made my eyes water. I had fun ^_^ if you like scifi/fantasy and pretty pictures, i recommend it. All their physical copies are sold out and you cant find any of their books sold used under $100 but i just got the digital bundle and cried a little on the inside. 

Hello everyone! I just saw this forum and I am very delighted. I used to be a reader but then I kinda stopped. I was scrolling through all the names here and now I am sure I will find something and get back on track. Hoping to joining this soon!

Sanikard:

Hello everyone! I just saw this forum and I am very delighted. I used to be a reader but then I kinda stopped. I was scrolling through all the names here and now I am sure I will find something and get back on track. Hoping to joining this soon!

Looking forward to your joining us xD

Sanikard:

Welcome! I hope you find something fun to read ^_^

Hi I've been meaning to join this club for a while now.  I used to be an avid reader until few years ago till I discovered the world of drama.  For the past 2-3 years I have mainly read only academic papers or text books. Early this year I went on s reading spree of translated Chinese novels. But i want to seriously re-start reading for pleasure now.  Today I finished reading Marian Keyes Sushi for Beginners.  I find one of the protagonist and I share lots of similarities in this book which may or may not be a good thing lol. 

Im thinking I am going to  start re-read Pride and Prejudice for the first time this year today. 

Its You:

Hi I've been meaning to join this club for a while now.  I used to be an avid reader until few years ago till I discovered the world of drama.  For the past 2-3 years I have mainly read only academic papers or text books. Early this year I went on s reading spree of translated Chinese novels. But i want to seriously re-start reading for pleasure now.  Today I finished reading Marian Keyes Sushi for Beginners.  I find one of the protagonist and I share lots of similarities in this book which may or may not be a good thing lol. 

Im thinking I am going to  start re-read Pride and Prejudice for the first time this year today. 

Welcome! Glad you joined our club xD
I feel like most of us "suffered" the same fate as you, after entering drama-world.
Reading only academic papers, text books, work related stuff without 2-3 novels per week included, has also my been case the last 5-6 years... Let's hope we can motivate each other re-ignite our reading spark :)

Pride and Prejudice is always a great re-reading choice!

Its You:

Im thinking I am going to  start re-read Pride and Prejudice for the first time this year today. 

welcome~! I'm glad you're rediscovering your passion for books with us!! 

Its You:
Today I finished reading Marian Keyes Sushi for Beginners.

Welcome o//  My friend dropped this book, she says it was too heavy content for her, but I like Marian K books

pepi:

welcome o//

Evil_Deed:

Should I read something else from Niel Gaiman if I didn't like American Gods?

I recommend neverwhere

Kapetria:

Welcome o//  My friend dropped this book, she says it was too heavy content for her, but I like Marian K books

I guess  depression can be a hard topic for some people. I enjoyed the book and found it an easy read. I haven't  read any other books of her but just bought the Woman who Stole My Life to read next. Which books of her do you recommend? 

Finally finished a book for June! Was it the book I said I would finish? Well....

Instead I read this book, Flamin' Hot. I honestly picked it up because the cover flap sounded like one of my political dramas. (I'm rewatching The Story of Ming Lan right now.) I personally enjoyed the book. It has a self-help vibe, but is also personal. He does go into the politics and schemes, but not in great depth. Instead, he gives advice on how to stay strong against those kind of things, reminding me of Sun Tzu when the author mentioned needing to make oneself "unhittable," like how Sun Tzu recommended to have an unbreakable defense. Usually I read fiction, and I realized that although I liked this book, I was sometimes only half understanding the concepts, so I made sure to use a highlighter to help me out! There are some ideas from the book that I liked, and I want to give myself more time to digest, so I imagine I'll probably end up skimming through it again at some point, reviewing what I've highlighted. I guess I really liked it if I want to revisit it huh?

I don't even want to try to claim what my next book will be, because I have too often not finished my intended book! So look forward to a surprise book by July.

I'm sorry but in view of work and dealing with private stuff, I failed my reading activities in June. Therefore, I move my Anchee Min's "Empress Orchid" to July. Hopefully, I will finish it by the end of next month.