burhaa aadmi:

The spoiler tags didn't work :)

It's working for me :(

If anyone else can see it without the spoiler marking, I'll remove it without any problems! I tried editing again but I don't know if it worked. 

kmnkary:

If anyone else can see it without the spoiler marking, I'll remove it without any problems! I tried editing again but I don't know if it worked. 

It works fine for me too :)

cdramaqueen:

my goal for this year is to finish 15 books! what is your goal? 

I've set my goal to read 36 books but will probably get more done since I started with audiobooks on Libby at the end of the year and want to check out some mangas since my library has some.

I've already completed two: a manga volume and an audiobook that I started last year

here they are and I can recommend both:

kmnkary:

That is interesting. I have no idea why it showed up for me and not for anyone else.

penel:

It works fine for me too :)

burhaa aadmi:

That is interesting. I have no idea why it showed up for me and not for anyone else. 

Well, I think it must be some kind of code error on the website. Thanks for the feedback, both of you :)

During December I read "Que notre joie demeure" (May Our Joy Remain) by Canadian Kevin Lambert. He won several awards in France for this new novel and I think its are totally deserved. It's a very detailed analysis of the ultra-rich in Quebec.
Happy New Year to the whole group with delay, for 2024 I hope to continue to discover contemporary French literature and try to read a little in English too (if you have any advice on contemporary English or American literature don't hesitate)!

Hiiiii. After a very crappy year I am hoping this year will be much better.  My goal is to read 1 book at least each month by a new author I haven' t read before.  This month I am starting with Welcome to the Hyunam-dong Bookshop by Hwang Bo-reum translated by Shanna Tan :) Wish me luck ☺️

Fati:

During December I read "Que notre joie demeure" (May Our Joy Remain) by Canadian Kevin Lambert. He won several awards in France for this new novel and I think its are totally deserved. It's a very detailed analysis of the ultra-rich in Quebec.
Happy New Year to the whole group with delay, for 2024 I hope to continue to discover contemporary French literature and try to read a little in English too (if you have any advice on contemporary English or American literature don't hesitate)!

Happy New Year, Fati!

Its You:

Hiiiii. After a very crappy year I am hoping this year will be much better.  My goal is to read 1 book at least each month by a new author I haven' t read before.  This month I am starting with Welcome to the Hyunam-dong Bookshop by Hwang Bo-reum translated by Shanna Tan :) Wish me luck ☺️

Hope you have a good read! This book is on my 2024 goal too. 

I've just finished the 2024 "Reads the World Challenge" at The Storygraph.  Ten books from 10 different countries,  this year all nonfiction and several very dark and downbeat. VERY informative though, I'm glad I read them all, even the extra difficult ones.

Finished it yesterday. 

4/5 ⭐

Hello, not announcing a completed book, just wanted to rant. I'm reading volume 7 of Heaven Official's Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu. While I like her stories, I do find her pacing a bit frustrating. It's a bit tiring when I can feel the plot getting distracted again.

We have our protag trying to escape the Heavenly Realm with Huacheng, but then he gets distracted by the affairs of his former subordinate. And knowing Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, the story will get us sucked back into what's going on with him. Idk I like the depth these characters have but I wish it was just delivered in a different way. It feels frustrating when I'm waiting for the plot to progress and suddenly the story takes a left turn. T___T but like that's her style. Gonna put the book down again for a little while before getting back to reading it. 

I've been so bad about updating. >_<  I'll try to catch up.  

I ended up completing my 30 book reading goal for 2023!

November

★★★☆☆

December

★★★☆☆
★★★★☆ 
★★☆☆☆

Foul Lady Fortune by Chloe Gong - This is the spinoff series to the popular These Violent Delights duology. It's set in Republican Era China. FL is a badass and it has one of my favorite tropes, but It's not done as well as I'd like.  I didn't care much for the romance and the only thing I really liked was that FL was an almost invincible badass.

Really, Really Miss You by Mo Bao Fei Bao - This is the Chinese novel that Love Me, Love My Voice is adapted from. I think I rated the novel about the same as I did the drama.  It is just as healing as the drama and a lot more fast paced, which I appreciated.  The speed at which their romance progresses is incredibly amusing. It's a novel for foodies.

Smile by Reina Telgemeier - Based on a true story about the author. It's a graphic novel about a teenage girl who's about to get braces, but something happens that puts a snag in her dental recovery. She basically has to go through an extensive amount of dental repair while navigating middle school in her awkward teenage years. It's a surprisingly inspiration story.

Sheets by Brenna Thummler - Another graphic novel about this cute little ghost kid that escapes from the ghost world and enters the living. He comes across this teenager that's running the family laundromat and trying to keep the business from falling apart.  As you can tell from the title, lots of sheets are involved. This novel has its cute moments, but I couldn't really get into it.

OK I finally got over my reading block for Heaven Official's Blessing by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu and have come across a very adorable quote that I must now share...

"'Men or women, it doesn't matter, as long as you're happy.'

"Xie Lian rubbed his forehead until it turned red, and he said in a small voice, 'Yes...I'm very happy.'"

Ahhhh I couldn't help but shut my eyes and grin when I read this :,) 

Just finished my 20th book for 2024, 

This 3-book omnibus means I'm 10% of the way to my 195 book goal for the year and 11% of the way to my 70,000 pages goal. Not a bad start so far, and giving me time to focus on reading in Italian again for February - that will slow me right  down! :)