Yuricse wrote: Japanese Verbs (http://ww8.tiki.ne.jp/~tmath/language/jpverbs/index.htm)

Cost: Free
Description: This is a website that provides a nice explanation of Japanese verb tenses and usage. I found this most helpful after I learned the basic conjugation of verbs. It provides a more detailed analysis than many online sources. The home page has many more links that you may find interesting.

It's very helpful..
Arigatou :*
fuyushita_risou wrote:
Apps:
Obenkyo
I wondered why nobody has mentioned it yet. This app is awesome. It has a learning site and a test mode. Obenkyo covers Hiragana, Katakana, Numbers, Kanji (sortet by school level and jlpt including a dictionary and stroke order) vocabulary, patikel, and grammar. The app is regulary updated. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the writing test. My fingers won't fit their neat demands. But the rest is great.

Just in case if someone doesn't check all thread ;) I'm totally in love with this app. It's my new toy while boring lectures and classes. Sometimes my mates are looking what the heck I'm doing XD Very useful and you can anytime check yourself.
okay i found these amazing elementary school kanji books at the japanese equivalent of the $1.00 store. it's in 6 books *1 per elementary grade. so basically if you follow these book you will probably learn 40-55% of the kanji japanese kids learn by age 12. it gives the kanji stroke order, writing practice, the kun' and on' readings for each kanji and 5 example words or phrases (helps with vocab and memorization). and a few excercises . it is the easiest and most complete way i have found to learn kanji yet. now for the downsides. it's 100% japanese but it has basic hiragana. you WILL need a japanese-english-english-japanese dictionary for sure. in fact i not only use my dictionary but i also use the iphone app "kotoba" (called imiwa? now). another translation app and this japanese-english nintendo DS game/dictionary that allows me to write the kanji or kana if all else fails. most of my time is spent trying to translate the example vocab...can be annoying but worth it. you will probably need additional kanji practice sheets, because the book doesn't offer enough writing practice. and now for the biggest issue. i want to share it with you guys. actually that was one of reasons i was so excited to find this. i can scan the books no prob. the problem is japan has really silly copy write/ piracy laws, and i'm a foreinger and i'm a sensei. not a good combination to take the risk of getting in trouble, going to jail for yrs and paying ridiculous fines before they deport me. lol. so if anyone has suggestions for how i can share this great find with they rest of you please PM.
So NHKworld got this fine extra.

You get a textbook and audio's to learn japanese.

The good point is that you can get it in diffrent languages. I use the english version and its really good I think.

Japanese Lessons
I found an app for apple devices to learn kanji and its awesome. It's a flashcard app but it's the best one I've found. I generally hate flash cards but this one is awesome. It's called stickystudy. There is a free version that only gives grade 1 kanji and words...that is about 600 words (kanji compounds) and 103 kanji. It's a colored coded system that works well. I've been very lazy with studying Japanese but in 2 days I've memorized 70% of jlpt N5 kanji in either Japanese reading, English translations or both. I'm so impressed that I bought decided to buy the full version. It's ¥700, not sure how much it will cost in other country app stores. Together with writing practice I hope to make a lot more progress in the next few months than I did in the last year.
I'm actually been using JapanesePod101.com for sometime now though I admit the lessons are pretty slow and you'll learn only a few after a lesson but I find their conversations and lessons funny and interesting so that's why. I've got like an hour or more travel from home to work, and another batch of that when going home, so while I'm on bus instead of listening to music, I listen to Japanese podcast lessons. I'm wondering if there's a site like JapanesePod101.com but with a better pace when it comes to lesson. Thanks! And yes, I know Hiragana, Katakana, and a few Kanjis. Though I'm really pretty slow at reading.
In my experience JapanesePod 101 is the best you'll get for audio lessons. There's Pimsleur but the Japanese taught in that is rigid and very formal stuff that you won't even be using unless you're a business man. In my opinion, you can supplement audio lessons with "real" audio, i.e. podcasts, drama cds and Japanese talk radio. Why? Because even if you don't understand it, listening to Japanese being spoken at its natural speed is much more beneficial to you than any audio lesson. I used JapanesePod101 myself for quite some time but they speak way too much English in their lessons and rely too heavily on grammar. I believe in learning from context and that's what worked best for me. JapanesePod101 relies too much on the "why" and not the "how," if you know what I mean? They spend too much time explaining why you say certain things in Japanese when ultimately you just need to know how to say things and when to say them.

This article here explains what I'm trying to get at:
http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/why-you-should-keep-listening-even-if-you-dont-understand

And why learning grammar isn't necessary:
http://learnjapanesefaq.com/why-learning-japanese-grammar-isnt-good-frogs/?utm_content=buffer29a28&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Good luck with your studies!
I think http://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/english/index.html has some audio (and video) lessons as well as written ones. I haven't used them so I can't tell you whether they're good or not, but they might be helpful.
i'm using the Genki I text book to study and it is honestly the best text book i've used (and i have tried a few). what makes genki better than the rest is the easy to understand grammar explanations in each lesson. genki makes everything so simple and easy to follow. it has an audio cd so you can listen to native speakers using the grammar that you are learning. it introduces kanji slowly with furigana. i've made more progress in my studies with genki than i made with any other resource i have tried, though i must add that i have been studying kanji separately and it has made things a lil easier for me. the only negative i might have although it doesn't bother me is that the book is geared towards university students, so each chapter introduces situations that university students experience. but i have used books geared towards adults that are no where close to as helpful as genki. i bought the text book, workbook and answer key for about 5000Y but on amazon.com it's much more expensive. the text book alone cost more than i paid for all 3 books in japan. but if you are really passionate and want to learn to the language it is definitely worth the money.
boutux wrote: i'm using the Genki I text book to study

Everything you said, but Genki is also the only textbook that genuinely made me smile. Some of the dialogues and illustrations are really cute.
Yeah I must also add that Genki is a really good text book for learning Japanese. I took the class about a year ago and that was the book that the professor chose. I also have a pdf file of the answer key so if you buy the book just skip buying the answer key. The only negative is that after I finished the class it's a little bit harder to learn because I didn't have like 4 Japanese tutors that I could talk with every week.
I also recommend Genki very much! It gives you a very good foundation of both grammar and vocabulary, and I found that after Genki I and half of Genki II I could without trouble start learning Japanese from just reading and watching things in Japanese and looking up words. Moreover, if you are really motivated you can get Genki I done in just a couple of weeks because it has very easy grammar explanations and such.

For beginners I really recommend learning from games and manga, especially shoujo manga because it is generally more dialogue-based and often has furigana over the kanji. My first manga in Japanese was Hana Yori Dango, and it is incredibly easy! For games I think the Ace Attorney series is great because it is text-based, and as long as you learn words like 'murder-weapon', 'evidence' and 'trial' it is easy to understand. Even though some things might look discouragingly difficult at first, if you understand at least the main plot, or more generally understand the story, it is a good level (or at least that is my motto).

Dramas and variety shows are good too(without English subtitles!). In variety shows people sometimes talk fast, but they usually partly put subtitles when people speak, which is useful if you have trouble hearing. My favorite are しゃべくり007, 笑っていいとも, and ダウンタウントーク.

I also recently found a very good youtube channel that explains grammar and vocabulary in Japanese!
https://www.youtube.com/user/freejapaneselessons3
I am currently trying https://www.erin.ne.jp/en/ and I found it very nice and fun. Thanks for sharing it.