Hello guys! Why in k-dramas do they always take out the cell phone battery instead of turning it off? I'm wondering if there's a particular reason or they are just stupid... :/ What do you think?
The theory I read on this (can't remember where, sorry) is that it's really only for dramatic effect. It's a way for the director to show the viewer clearly on the screen that the character is avoiding the call. Apparently it's because just turning the phone off doesn't really show up well on screen and might be missed by the viewer. I buy that theory. However, I still agree it is stupid. I think that one should sacrifice realism just to make something look more obvious. However, I have noticed that occurring less and less nowadays in Kdramas so hopefully directors everywhere have gotten the hint that we think it's dumb.
Thanks of the info, browncoat_78. I also thought it was for dramatic effect. Whatever the reason, it's still dumb. Fortunately directors noticed it and, as you said, it's occurring less and less nowadays in k-dramas
Not only it was for the dramatic effect but also (sometimes) to endorse the product.. That's what I've noticed ^^
LOL! I love this thread! well i think it gives a dramatic effect, because in dramas there is hardly any realistic things going on, so it shows that they REALLY REALLY dont want to answer, i dont know, i like it :D
We don't see much of the taking the battery out in the recent dramas :) Thanks to the iPhones and Samsung Galaxy Notes! :P
sakurahues wrote: We don't see much of the taking the battery out in the recent dramas :) Thanks to the iPhones and Samsung Galaxy Notes! :P

YES! :) hahaha i was thinking the same thing .. the only reason its occurring less is because there's no battery to take out :P
tlkdrama2me wrote: YES! :) hahaha i was thinking the same thing .. the only reason its occurring less is because there's no battery to take out :P

Galaxy Notes and Iphones still have batteries. You just can't take them out like you can with normal phones.
tlkdrama2me wrote: YES! :) hahaha i was thinking the same thing .. the only reason its occurring less is because there's no battery to take out :P

I have a galaxy note but its not hard to take the battery out.. Lol..

And to every1's opinion it is for dramatic effect.. Its like saying "ohhh i hate you that i cant look at ur number on my screen" heehehehehehehehehehehe ok im just being stupid
I had the theory that when you turned your phone off it gives a different message to the person calling than it does with no battery. The standard message being that you aren't available (the same message as if you've ignored their call), but the no battery message being that you're out of the service area. I find it funny though. Now every time I get annoyed on the phone I want to yell aiishhh!!! and rip the battery right out of there!
Even more stupid is the camera zooming in on an angry character's hand which makes a fist. LOL