I came across this image today...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18100000/I-carn-t-spel-the-beatles-18186405-497-338.jpg

And a realization hit me that I couldn't share anywhere else but here...

Aren't present day K-drama and K-pop stars just like the early Beatles? (Back when they were clean cut, mischeivous and cute?)

Just sayin'. ;)
Hi pixelviking! I've been saying this for a few years. The Beatles were a pop band first; they had numerous amounts of fanboys and fangirls, an official fanclub, and official merchandise. They had management and were given a specific image and story. A lot of people don't know that the Beatles were a much more gritty band before they went to Hamburg; it was only after that they were shined up for touring purposes, specifically to appeal to audiences in southern England (where the mod fashion and style were the paramount style of dress of the day). However, I would argue that they remained that way even when they lost their clean-cut image. They were still silly and still adored by their fans. Furthermore, they left a legacy of their music much like those random pop songs that everyone always remembers. And yes, they were seriously cute. I really think that they are the reason that I accept kpop and jpop today because I have learned so much about who the Beatles were and what they were about and how that compares to today's pop music explosion, particularly in Asia.