Next summer one dream of mine will finally come true: I'll be staying in Seoul for one month in August!!! Sine I'm planning it all on my own, I wanted to ask those who already went there if you can recommend places to go or things to do there. Maybe is there also something for totally crazy korean drama addicts like me, like signing events from actors or something else?^^
Ohhhh my god you're So luckyyyyyy !! I can't say you what are did you have to watch or where you have to go but just to say you you are So lucky !!!
LOL see you then :p... Have a safe trip... :D
I'm sorry if I can't recommend places to go to or activities to do there since I haven't been to Korea, but I just have to say that I'm so jelly of you. ;A; (It's a dream of mine to go to Korea, too! Then again, who in K-Dramaland doesn't? XD) I'm happy for you, though. :D Enjoy your stay there! :>
Hessa Volunteer Staff
I went there about 4 to 5 years ago. It would say the best transportation method is the subway. The subway is cheaper and faster, because there maybe traffic if you use a taxi. I used to go sometimes using the hotels shuttle bus which was for free. But I liked the subway more because people would try to talk to you. I remember an old lady offered me a medicinal drink she just bought from the mart, she was so sweet (I guess I looked tired that day).

Lotte world was nice, but don't go when it is the weekend, It was very crowded when I went.
Lotte department store, where they filmed some scenes from secret garden. (Haven't been there)
Namsan Tower, I was so nice, and the love locks were cute (Many couples were there).

Coffee prince Coffee shop, I would never go after what he did to Simon and Martina, http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/our-crappy-experience-at-coffee-prince-coffee-shop/#.Un536PkbAWQ
You can't take pictures there which sucks. But you may go if you wish.
I can't recommend anything, I'm going next summer too (LOL, Daughter getting posted there for the Army yay free flight!) but they do schedule Fanmeets all the time. Check online for your actor's schedule, they usually post them at least a month in advance.
Me and my friends are going there in March. We will only be staying for 10 days, but I still think it's a big thing and a dream-come-true for us :)
I was there last summer for few months. August was crazy hot so sightseeing actually took quite an effort... While walking up the hill to Hwaseong Fortress, I thought I'd die since it was so hot and the stairs seemed to never end. ㅠㅠ

I didn't go to see any drama locations (except that I lived right next to the chicken restaurant from IHYV!) but the visistkorea website has a drama and movie sections with some places listed~
Where are you going to stay while in Korea? If you're staying in Seoul, and for a whole month at that, I highly recommend getting out of Seoul and explore other regions. Gyeongju, the capital of Korea during the Silla dynasty, is really beautiful and has awesome royal burial mounds to explore (note: not the Gyeongju in Gyeonggi-do, but the Gyeongju in Gyeongsangbuk-do). That one is a little far and would probably require getting a hostel overnight. Closer to Seoul are the green tea fields in Boseong where you can eat delicious green tea samgyeopsal, and also the bamboo forest in Damyeong. A lot of regions have summer festivals around that time, such as the Mud Festival, so I would check out what's happening. Oh, and the Toilet Museum in Suwon. Definitely the Toilet Museum in Suwon.
ROFL... toilet museum?! OMG I'm so going to that too when I go :P Are there a few good Bamboo forests? That is one of my favorite things to see... the sound is amazing! I'm so hitting you up for info when I go :P
Aaah how exciting! I might go to South Korea for a few weeks if I end up working in Japan at information! Youtube is a great starting point. People like Sweet and Tasty have a bunch of information on Korea, as well as vlogs on where to eat etc. There are also videos like this which might help you a lot. Blogs are also a good thing to look at as well because you'll get a lot of information on what people thought of the places they visited rather than generic information you'd get from travel websites. Hope this helps you and good luck in South Korea ^_^
i agree, you should check out visit korea website. where will you be staying? since you'll be there for a month, you should also visit busan and other provinces. what would you like to do? of course you'll do shopping and visit a palace.. but i suggest you also visit a park. i love their parks. you can also try mountain climbing :)
Oh, where to start...First of all, congratulations, I just know you're going to have a great time! I liked Namsan Tower, Gyeongbokgung Palace, and Insadong. If you want to try a jimjilbang (I really recommend it!), Dragon Hill Spa is awesome (don't forget to also get baked eggs and the rice drink while you're there!). For food...egg bread is delicious so if you see it being sold, (and you aren't allergic to eggs) you should definitely try some! Really, all the street food is fun to try. :) We also tried samgyopsal (a chicken soup thingy, really yummy!) and Korean BBQ, or course! If there was a day we weren't feeling adventurous, usually we could rely on Seven's chicken restaurant for some yummy chicken and noodles--there are a few of them scattered around Seoul. But really, try as many different foods as you can. Oh, and ddeokbokki! That's a good meal too! Also shopping in Myeongdong can be fun (I also went with a few friends to see NANTA there), and it's better to visit Hongdae at night. If you go to Gangnam, Coex Mall and Bogeunsa (sp?) temple are right across from each other and both are really cool places to visit. And if you're not opposed to lots of walking, there's also the Olympic park, and all the floors of Shinsegae Dept Store (waiting for the elevators takes forever--take the escalators, and there's a nice rooftop park kind of area on...the 7th floor if I remember correctly? With a Starbucks and some other restaurant) I stayed at Ewha, and the area is probably one of the cheapest places to shop (for the college students) and it's also a really cool place in general. There are also a lot of yummy restaurants there. If you like museums, the Seoul National Museum of Korea is really cool. Oh, and don't forget Chongyecheon (argh spelling) stream...though my friends and I had a hard time finding a good place to eat around there. And then there's the Han River too.
Awesome! Be sure to take pictures and then post them here so the rest of us can see!